Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predictions 3.0
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > Procrastination Station
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Yoda
Lessee, speaking as a local in Oxfordshire I'd say: The Thames, Evenlode and Windrush are all pretty major.
*snigger at local in-joke*

the next person can deduce (or google) the in-joke for locals that I used...ooh-arrrr...
Robert
Not a chance!

The next person will share tehir X-mas loot with us
hockeygod
My major loot includes: a cell phone, 512 DDR SRAM RAM, some BNL cds, Superman pajamas, and a bunch of money.

The next person has enjoyed the holidays so far.
Billywig2
I've enjoyed the Christmas part, but not the holiday part, I don't like holidays much, I lose track of the days.

The next person is enjoying a great book at the moment and will share with us what it is.
Drie
I'm trying to get into a book about fly fishing right now that my boss gave me for Christmas, and it isn't going so well. So, no.

The next person isn't so concerned with "loot" for Christmas.
Robert
Not personally, but I figure the younger site members might like to share.

As for the fly fishing book, whats wrong with that? My dad and I both fly fish and if the book is by David Lee, I fished with him just a few weeks before he died. My Dad is an expert fly maker and is a member of an exclusive club in PA just outside of Gettysburg.

In fact, Harry and the gang will be staying there in my outtake ARLINGTON and they will do a bit of fishing since Clarke has taken Harry fly fishing in Scotland.

Hopefully, Arthur will catch more fish than trees, but I doubt it.laugh.gif

The next person ate too much food on X-mas day.
Billywig2
hrm... two peices of toast with vegimite for breakfast.... half a chicken and slajie (a kind of dutch potatoe salad sort of thing) roll for lunch... one nectarine... some ham and slajie for tea... and some watermelon. I did eat more than usual, but I don't think I overdid it.

The next person likes 'Black Books'

Robert
Sure do, as long as they have the numbers of nice and cute women 105.gif

The next person has seen King Kong
Billywig2
Nope, and probably won't, but oh my gosh, have you seen how much weight Peter Jackson has lost? He looks like he's been popped with a pin!

The next person likes Antonio Bandaras (and can probably spell his name better than me)
Willow
Uhm...hes okay. He was good in Spy Kids babe.gif ..heheee

The next person got the Bridget Jones box set for Christmas

hershey
No, but I already have both DVDs.

The next person has scene Narnia.
Cristin
As a matter of fact, I just did today! (Actually, yesterday, as I am looking at the clock and it's 12:22 a.m.). We were planning on seeing GofF on the IMAX screen, but it was 3:30 and it didn't come on until 6:10. So...we decided to see Narnia and I really enjoyed it!

The next to respond has actually READ The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe before seeing the movie.
Robert
First time i read it, you were still in diapers, dear.

The next person is partying out this evening.
Cristin
If you call a gathering of a group of friends at their house a party, then yes.

The next to respond will be the first to do so in 2006 - happy new year!
hockeygod
Thats me.

The next person has started, but never finished The Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia.
Billywig2
nope, I've started and finished both, LotR a lot more times than Narnia.

The next person was still in Primary (elementary) school when they read LotR for the first time.
Cristin
As I hang my head in shame, I must admit that I have yet to read it...

The next to respond still has Christmas decorations up.
Billywig2
Well, as my house is quite isolated, and not visible from the road, it would be quite pointless to decorate it, therefore our only christmas deco's is the tree, which is currently residing on the bon fire pile. So no, deco's are all down.

The next person has recently taken up a new hobby
Yoda
Hobby - nope, but I am back at work now, and with no overtime or NaNo I should be around a bit more often now, I need only overcome the lure of the GameCube & Fifa 2002!

Going back to the significance of all the three major rivers I named in response to Drie's which I said were a local in-joke - here is the reason: They are all more or less the same river, the Isis, which is what we call the River Thames as it runs through Oxfordshire for a reason which currently escapes me. The other two rivers are tributaries of the Isis (which geography taught me means the same bit of the river but thinner and off to the side) one of which runs close to where I used to live in Oxfordshire (the Windrush, pre '92).

The next person enjoys random spurts of education, particularly the useless variety.

Cristin
Absolutely! How else am I going to win at Final Jeopardy? biggrin.gif

The next to respond is in the middle of doing research. (For what, I leave up to you!)
Billywig2
why yes, I'm researching Australian birds, not for anything in particular, just general mind expansion.

The next person regularly takes part in some sort of physical activity
Yoda
Badminton every Friday during term time (bizarrely our club isn't allowed to rent the school hall during holidays, despite that being a condition of the grant that the school received for community access) and squash on Tuesdays when my Dad and myself are both a). healthy cool.gif. in the country and c). not down the pub. Also five-a-side on the weekends when my friend's team needs to train and are in need of a (token hilariously inept) extra player.

The next person prefers exercise of a more mental nature...

edited to say: mental as in using your mind, not as in absolutely insane sporting events... unless you can think of some good ones laugh.gif
Cristin
Only when I'm not on vacation, which I currently am! (Almost over, though 1346.gif )

The next to respond prefers hamburgers to hot dogs.
hockeygod
Nope, I wqas born in the Coney Capitol of the World, Flint, MI.

The next person recently updated his or her passport.
Billywig2
Nope, but I should have. My Aussie one ran out a couple of months ago, so I've only got my dutch one blink.gif

The next person also comes from a multi-national family.
Yoda
Apparently yes, as well as being just over a quarter Irish my family can also be traced back across a lot of mainland Europe, including German, Belgium and Italy. That said, all I need is a British passport to travel so I'm sorted for... three more years, I think.

The next person is multi-national in the sense that Billywig probably meant (i.e. has dual/triple nationality) as opposed to my random interpretation of the prediction biggrin.gif
Drie
Unfortunately, no. Citizenship is United States of America only.

The next person recently lost his or her voice.
hockeygod
No, my voice is just fine.

(Going off on a tangent about U.S. citizenship...the U.S. no longer allows dual citizenship. A person wanting citizenship in another country has to denounce their American citizenship. The only people this doesn't apply to are those that had it before the law went into effect in 2002 [I think]. I thought that was kind of interesting.)

The next person thinks I ramble too much.
Billywig2
No, I found that interesting, now all Americans have to take the long lines in European airports (Which is mainly where my Dutch passport comes in handy)

The next person is going to cook chicken for tea (or dinner, or supper, or whatever you like to call it)
Drie
Nope, that was last night. I'll be re-heating it for dinner tonight, though!

The next person enjoyed the movie Moulin Rouge.
Billywig2
Why yes I did, in fact I was listening to the soundtrack yesterday as I did my ironing tongue.gif

The next person wants/has/likes the soundtrack to Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
Robert
Unfortunately, never heard it. But I do love the original Dirty Dancing soundtrack!

The next person waxed their floors yesterday.

Drie
No.

The next person can do the tango.
Billywig2
Yup.

The next person can waltz
Drie
Yes, but nothing more than a basic waltz.

The next person has taken a cruise to someplace exotic.
QuickHare
I disgree with cruises somewhat. I'd pay thousands for water? Don't think so.

The next person enjoys their holidays, even the booking and planning.
Drie
Yes, I do. I'm in the midst of figuring out my next trip in May. biggrin.gif

The next person can say the entire alphabet backwards without cheating.
QuickHare
I used to have a book called Brain Power that told me how to do it. It went something like "Said why eggs double your fee..." meaning "Z Y X W V..." but I never remembered the rest, so no. Sorry.

The next person learned their alphabet before going to school or kindergarten.
Billywig2
Considering I didn't learn to read until grade three (then I caught up though, and was reading things like The Lord of the Rings by Grade five), I don't *think* so, but I could be wrong.

The next person's favorite animal is an Elephant.
QuickHare
Ah. The majestic giant of the plains of Africa. The grey, slow moving strongman of the Australian Outback. The heavyweight of ivory producing mammals. Nope. I prefer cats, myself.

The next person has seen a movie on an iMax, and bonus points for it being Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.
Billywig2
Yes, I've seen some movies at Imax in Melbourne, but I don't even think we got those ones here, all the Imax ones have been dovumentaries that were made for the Imax screen.

QUOTE(QuickHare @ Jan 15 2006, 01:45 AM) *

The grey, slow moving strongman of the Australian Outback.

huh.gif

The next person will share with us the brand of chocolate that they ate last... because it's so interesting an' all. tongue.gif
Yoda
twix!

the next person found it a wee bit confusing when scrolling down the last page where Drie & QH were using identical user pictures [ps: extra points for finding this irritatingly pleasant tongue.gif]

pps: 'irritatingly' because I am at work and do not wish to be amused!!
Drie
Why, I don't find it confusing at all! laugh.gif I also find it very pleasant. Ahem. You may gag now.

The next person knows where that picture of QH and myself was taken.
QuickHare
*raises hand like an eager schoolboy* Oooo! Oooo! I know, I know. Pick me! Pick me!

The next person knows where that picture of Drie and myself was taken.
hershey
I know, I know!!! jump.gif And I like it very much and am not confused in the slightest bit. However I do prefer the one of them that is sitting on my desk.

The next person knows of my frustrating international shipping experience.
QuickHare
I don't. Care to share somehow? Email or PM is good if it's not something for public showing.

The next person enjoys a lot of privacy.
hershey
I enjoy my share, probably about an average amount.

The next person know that all to unpleasant feeling of one's mouth being numb from novacaine.
Drie
All too well. My worst experience was having my entire mouth numbed to have all four wisdom teeth pulled. Did I mention I was awake? crybaby.gif

The next person had a banana today.
hershey
Just a bite or two of what was leftover from a child's breakfast.

The next person is a bit grossed out by the above statement.
QuickHare
No, unless you ate it after they..... I won't finish that.

The next person used their imagination to finish that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.