Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predictions 3.0
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > Procrastination Station
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Billywig2
Yes, actually, I just got offered a place in a residency in Tasmania, where I want to go to University. It has very English traditions, like formal dinners every week where you have to wear an academic gown and say grace in latin and a few other things like that, but I like what it has to offer. biggrin.gif

The next person enjoys some form of craft.
hockeygod
No, can't say that I do.

The next person enjoys math.
Drie
That has never been one of my strongest subjects, although I get by when needed. For other problems, I've got QuickHare! smile.gif

The next person prefers to make gifts for people as opposed to buying them.
hockeygod
No, but my mom does.

The next person has snow already.

(I got 3-4 inches last night smile.gif)
Billywig2
Well, considering that it's summer here, (or close to, at least, and the weather belives it to be summer) no. But even if it was the middle of winter, the answer would still be no. It's never snowed here, on the coldest winter nights it struggles to get below zero degrees Celcius.

The next person is looking forward to a change.
hockeygod
Yes, a change of scenery.

The next person enjoys spending the holidays with family.
hershey
Of course, it is a blessed time of the year and what a better way to enjoy it than with the ones you love most.

The next person does a name exchange within their family for presents.
hockeygod
No, we just give everyone presents.

The next person has done a White Elephant before.
Imogen
I have smile.gif

The next person is very well planned and oeganised for the festive season
hockeygod
No.

The next person can answer yes to Imogen's statement.
hershey
Would like to but sadly no, with the number of kids running about as we have, the best we can manage is organized chaos.

The next person will share their plans to see GoF.
Drie
No immediate plans yet. Will see it...eventually.

The next person can hop on one foot for 30 seconds.
Billywig2
Easily, I can hold up at that for just over seven minutes, I think. (track training, last year when I was in America, we used to have jump rope comps smile.gif )

The next person loves swimming
Jerry
Not crazy about it, no. But I'll swim...sometimes...rarely... on a really hot day biggrin.gif

The next person has already seen GoF
Billywig2
Nope, it isn't even out here yet.

The next person has always wanted a pet bird.
Drie
No, no no no no no no NO! Sorry -- a room mate of mine had a bird when we lived together (and has since increased her flock to 3) and they are loud and messy. I love animals, but I'd rather admire birds at an aviary or in the wild, not in my own home.

The next person has once (or currently) had a rabbit for a pet.
Robert
never, always indoor cats and one dog

The next person will leave their impression of Ginny's role in GoF
Cristin
Sorry, I have yet to see it. I was out of the country when it came out, and work has been keeping me occupied. Maybe this evening!

The next to respond has already see GofF twice.
Robert
Does the downloaded BitTorret version count as the second?whistling.gif

The next person will not be working tomorrow, unlike me.
Cristin
Correct! I actually was granted today off as well by my school district biggrin.gif as well as Friday. Let's hear it for five-day weekends!

The next to respond recently adopted a pet.
Jerry
Nope, no pets.

The next person is having a snack
Cristin
Nope. Just finished with dinner and am quite full at the moment!

The next to respond has the heater on.
Robert
Just the heat pump at a comfortable 72.

The next person wore their socks to bed
Cristin
Nope. It's not that cold at night here yet.

The next to respond has had quite a lot to eat today!
QuickHare
I'm one of those people who can eat a lot, or not eat a lot, depending on the surroundings. Let's put it this way: If I was in a banquet, I'll eat a whole table. If I'm stuck in the snow, with only simple provisions in my rucksack, I'll be able to somehow make it last a very long time...

Oh, and the British equivalent to an australian snag is indeed a banger. But we actually don't use the term that often. The most we use it is to describe bangers and mash, which is snag and mashed up potato, or sausage and lumps of attempted-to-mash-but-it-collapsed-in-the-pan-and-now-is-just-a-mess.

The next person has an invention they'd like to see become popular.
Cristin
I'm not much of the inventing type, but my husband is. He'll sit with his friends and they'll come up with the most strange but useful items, only to find out that they have already been invented or they just leave their ideas as talk and find out a couple of years later that it has become someon else's invention.

The next to respond enjoys hot chocolate.
QuickHare
Hot white chocolate leaves a warmth in the stomach and a liquid hug around the heart. And good, soft sofas are great. A coffee shop in town, called The Boston Tea Party, is the best for that so far. Anyone travelling to Exeter, I recommend it. Queen Street, opposite the Guildhall Shopping Centre.

The next person will be able to find that using a mapping tool, such as Google Maps or Street Map.co.uk.
Cristin
I'll have to try it after I finish posting and get back to you on that!

I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! 061.gif

The next to respond recently purchased concert tickets.
Drie
Nope. I wanted Almost Acoustic Christmas tickets (Night 2) but I couldn't get them mad.gif (C'mon, Depche Mode, Jack Johnson, ColdPlay...all on one bill???)

The next person can turn a somersault.
Billywig2
Easy, I can do roughly 20 in a row before getting dizzy, But only 8 underwater, 10 if I'm going backwards, because that's only how long I can hold my breath.

The next person has been watching the gymnastics world championships.
Robert
Fraid not, been working

The next person paid off $3000 in debt this month (like me)
Cristin
Nope, but I do need to pay off tuition on a class I dropped earlier this semester - to the tune of just over $1,000.

The next to respond owns a digital camera.
Billywig2
No.

The next person will tell us their favorite time of the day.
Cristin
Sunset/twilight.

The next to respond knows how to play guitar.
QuickHare
Sadly not. A slight mishap when younger makes the holding of strings on the neck a difficulty of mine, so chords are definately out of the question. However, my hands can knock out a single-stringed tune.

La persona siguiente fijará.
Drie
Darling, if I could fix that problem, I would, but then you wouldn't be you. (Had to use the aid of my computer to correctly translate that as my rusty basic Spanglish wasn't working so well!)

The next person can speak Russian.
hockeygod
iconup.GIF is full of lots of good advice
Drie
While I'm very flattered by the compliment blushing.gif ...this is the prediction thread... Don't worry -- it has happened to most of us at least once!

Shall we stick with the last prediction?

The next person can speak Russian.
Jerry
'Fraid not.

The next person is disappointed with his/her cellphone service
hockeygod
Very.

(I can't believe I did that blushing.gif )

The next person is getting a new cell phone for Christmas.
Cristin
Nope. Just got one this summer and am enjoying it immensely!

The next to respond likes Siberian Huskies.

(Daisy!)
Robert
Yes but I prefer cats. Less mess

The next person has not finished off their Thanksgiving leftovers yet
Yoda
We only had enough for our single Thanksgiving meal that we have to remember the great big ones from the States - it ain't the same wihout our friend's cooking.

The next person knows why I'm afraid of tomorrow.
Drie
Would that be because NaNo is over for another year? Have faith, Yoda dear. You've done brilliant work.

The next person uses a headset with his/her phone.

(I've got a nifty one at work now. I can answer the phone even when away from my desk! Only drawback is I look like a cyborg...)
hockeygod
No I do not.

(Don't let the Borgs assimilate you Drie. Resistance is not futile)

The next person knows what I am talking about.
Yoda
It's either the power of the NaNo's lure or those fun guys from Star Trek causing mayhem.

(Personally I liked the Vogon in HHG2G who persistently said "Resistance is uthelesth" - the lisp only appeared when hilarious)

The next person has seen 'The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy' or read the book (just the first one to start with, I can get five predictions out of these!)
hershey
Never really was into the books, but the movie was entertaining... "Want to go to Madagascar?" tongue.gif

The next person considers anything which they can't "Google" to be obscure.
hockeygod
Pretty much.

The next person has read more then one Douglas Adams book.
Billywig2
I've read four of them.

The next person watches 'The Simpsons'
hockeygod
Sometimes

The next person watches 'The War at Home.'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.