Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predictions 3.0
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > Procrastination Station
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Yoda
sadly, yes *glares at 35 e-mail backlog left by the person who recently vacated the job I inherited*

the next person is also quite busy work-wise at the moment...
Drie
I should be but I'm cleverly avoiding work at the moment... wink.gif

The next person knows all the words to "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel.
Cristin
At one point, I did - but that was around the first two years that the song was out and popular. It's been far too long since I've heard it, but I do have a few lyrics swimming around my head at this point!

The next to respond has a reunion of some sort (class, family, etc.) coming up this year.
Billywig2
Not that I know of.

The next person ate chocolate mousse recently
Yoda
nope, but given it's lunchtime here that's not surprising biggrin.gif

the next person has received an e-mail from themself with the subject 'PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!!!!!!!' as a reminder... (yes, I need to remind myself to do work)
Drie
Actually, I flag the emails I need to pay attention to and give myself reminders...tasks...I've got post-its everywhere too with reminders!

The next person drinks the recommended amount of water every day.
Cristin
Nope. I should, but I just can't bring myself to it!

The next to respond will be hosting a dinner party in the next 48 hours.
Drie
Nope, just attending the one at your house, and it will be grand!

The next person bites his or her fingernails (if you bite your toenails, I *really* don't want to know!).
Ravenwood
(Looking for Emily) Only when Emily isn't around.

The next person actually knows the difference between an auto-pistol and an automatic.
Drie
Nope, I've never heard of auto-pistol. Interesting.

BTW, welcome Ravenwood! Glad to have you aboard! If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to send a PM.

The next person has at least one poem memorized.
Ravenwood
If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer ...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!

from Where the Sidewalk Ends--Shel Silverstein.

Among others..

The next person will have read and liked one strange slash pairing.

Drie, Thank you for your kind words. biggrin.gif And FYI; an Auto-pistol is any handgun that fires more than one round per trigger pull, like the full auto version of the Glock 22, or the Uzi mini series. An automatic fires one round per trigger pull. (Strange military trivia from a military brat.)
bart
Nope, can't say I have.

The next person has just realised Imogen has posted Chapter 6...
Yoda
yep, however my real life is guilty of getting in the way of all reading at the moment, both fic & fanfic, and the writing too.

the next person enjoys a daily challenge (work counts!)...
Billywig2
Yes, but there is such a thing as biting off more than you can chew, which I might have done...

The next person didn't enjoy their dinner tonight (or the last meal that they ate)
Drie
Nope, breakfast was quite delish for me. Yummy eggs.

The next person does not like eggs
Yoda
I don't mind eggs, it's more the aftereffects *smirk!*

The next person finds it hilarious that a tank (or a Volvo, as they are more commonly known) can be mocked by a small pheasant...
Ravenwood
Eep. I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

The next person will not be as clueless as I am.
Drie
Don't worry Ravenwood, I'm a bit clueless myself! LOL

Darling Yoda, you are so fun.

The next person can name all the continents on earth.
Yoda
In true battery style, the AAs are: America (North), America (South), Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Africa. Then there's the EE, Europe.

About that pheasant...on Thursday as we (Dad and myself) were cruising to work in the Volvo (which are built like tanks, never get hit by a Volvo) we had to take the backroads of the backroads to avoid a massive traffice jam. On one particular stretch a small little pheasant was stood in the middle of the road, so we naturally slowed down, at which point it began to very slowly walk away from us in a straight line down our side of the road without deviation for the new two minutes despite shouting/swearing/beeping/loud noises. Thus, in the battle of Tank vs. Pheasant, Pheasant wins.

So, did the next person find that hilarious...?
Drie
I did! Thanks for the explanation. I have this vision now...

The next person is the eldest of his or her family.
Jerry
Nope, family baby here, as you very well know biggrin.gif

The next person has some free time today 061.gif
Billywig2
Yep, as I only have one seminar and one tute today smile.gif

The next person had a great weekend
hockeygod
Excellent weekend, went to my girlfriend's grandfather's 75th birthday party all the way out in Montevideo, MN.

The next person knows where Montevideo, MN is without looking at a map.
Cristin
Ummm....it's in Minnesota, the northern part of the midwest. Okay - I'm bad with any geography outside of California. blushing.gif

The next to respond ordered something from Amazon.com today.
hockeygod
No, I have to stop myself from spending money for the rest of the semester.

The next person has self control when it comes to shopping.
Billywig2
Self control doesn't enter into it when you're living on 20 aussie dollars a week (about 15 american) that has to cover mobile phone, landline, internet and any other little expenses (like a trip down to my friend, Brydie O'Reilly's, where a good pint of Killkenny is 5 bucks)... I don't have money to shop with.

The next person wishes that they had more money.
hockeygod
Yes and no.

The next person has made a big move recently.
bart
Nope still here

The next person, will admit to an embarrassing favourite song.
Drie
Well, I enjoy all kinds of music and I don't have a problem if someone else doesn't like it...I guess I'll say "Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys" by Willie Nelson. Most people don't like that song but I love it...(Hee. Cristin knows the alternate version that is also a favorite)

The next person likes to bake.
hockeygod
Yes

The next person likes to eat chocolate chip cookies.
Cristin
Especially the homemade kind! That reminds me, I need to go shopping and get ingredients for chocolate chip cookies...I have my students compare and write about how rocks are chocolate chip cookies are similar - and I have that planned for Tuesday!

Hee. Cristin knows the alternate version that is also a favorite

Nothing beats the version sung by the Chipmunks! "Mama, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboy...chipmunks..." biggrin.gif

The next to respond can name all three Chipmunks - bonus if you can name the Chipettes as well! thumbup1.gif
hockeygod
I can remember "Simon!!!" but for the life of me can't remeber the rest.

The next person has more Chipmunks knowledge.
bart
no, remember the show but, the details...

the next person is about to make a post
Cristin
Here it is!

BTW: Alvin, Simon, and Theordore biggrin.gif

The next to respond will be wearing green for St. Patrick's Day. 061.gif
hockeygod
Maybe, or I might wear my really cool Mario shirt.

The next person thinks $75 is too much for four tee-shirts. (I spent that much at the Mall of America on four T-shirts. sad.gif )
Ravenwood
QUOTE(hockeygod @ Mar 17 2006, 12:56 AM) *

Maybe, or I might wear my really cool Mario shirt.

The next person thinks $75 is too much for four tee-shirts. (I spent that much at the Mall of America on four T-shirts. sad.gif )

Eep! The last thing I spent that much money was. Umm, never mind. Greeneyes just reminded me what it was. I thought it was my prom dress, but there was one thing after that.

Speaking of Simon, Theodore and Alvin, the next person can remember at least one of the girl chipmunks.
hockeygod
Nope, not a clue.

The next person that can legally drink alcoholic beverages.
Cristin
Yep... drunk.gif

Speaking of Simon, Theodore and Alvin, the next person can remember at least one of the girl chipmunks.

I only remember Brittany - she was the "Alvin" of the group. However, I don't recall the other two! blushing.gif

The next to respond has at least one grey hair on their head.
hockeygod
I hope not.

The next person is looking for a new residency.
Ravenwood
Residence heck, I'd settle for a bathroom I don't have to share with three boys, for god's sake. crybaby.gif (My idea of the perfect house now includes private bathrooms for everyone.)

The next person will have scored at least two O or A (If you're in the States.) on their last report.
hockeygod
Yeah, but that was semester.

The next person is breathing.
QuickHare
*checks*
*breathes out*
Thanks, I knew there was something I forgot...!

The next person can remember the tune to Chipmunks, and as it's hard to hear a recording on a forum without huge technical feats (using Sound Recorder...), heavy downloads, knowing where to put it on the site and huge embarassment to themselves if they did, they will therefore hum it to themselves before realising just how long this sentence is getting as I continue to type masses into the box I see before me, and then gasping at just how long I managed to type without breathing, which I forgot to do earlier, if you can remember that at the beginning of my long post.

Whew!
Cristin
I can only remember the chorus, but that should be enough!

The next to respond likes cashews.
hockeygod
I think I do. I tend to mix all the different types of nuts up.

The next person enjoys The Beatles.
Cristin
I enjoy more of their later work than when they first came out...so, yes, I do like the Beatles!

The next to respond is wearing comfortable shoes.
hockeygod
Nope, because I'm not wearing any shoes.

The next person is wearing comfy socks.
Drie
I wish. No, I'm in tights today for work.

The next person has a lucky charm.
hockeygod
No, no lucky charms.

The next person has a stuffed animal from a significant other.
QuickHare
Can't say that I do. And to be honest, I'm not sure I want one either. I can just see it now.
"My darling, I love you so much. You my everything. My world, my dreams, my hopes and desires. You are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Here. Take this rose. And this stuffed monkey."

The next person likes stuffed animals.

(HG: I hope this doesn't offend in any way. I'm sure if you had a stuffed animal, it'd be a very nice one. I'm just being silly.)
hockeygod
Depends on where I got it and if it has any meaning.

The next person can drive.

(You'll have to work harder than that to offend me QH.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.