Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HP Trivia
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > Procrastination Station
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jerry
He was caught passing information to Rookwood.

What was Ron's advice on how to get a girl alone and away from her friends in Book 4?
sockless
Hee hee! Lasso one! that made me smile! thanks!

In GoF how much did the Omnioculars cost at the Quiddich World Cup?
Robert
Ten Galleons

In the series, what school does Harry supposedly attend (according t the Dursley's)?
Jerry
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal Boys (that sounds so stupid laugh.gif )

Who was the centaur that first threatened Dolores Umbridge?
Yoda
Well, in terms of threatening there's about five or six different centaurs responsible, and not all of them have names!

1). Centaur who fires an arrow over Umbridge's *spit, spit* head before all the centaurs emerge into clearing.
2). 50 Centaurs who aim bows at her as they emerge (notably Magorian)
3). Bane, who loses it a bit when Umbridge *spit, spit* calls them half-breeds.
4). Magorian, who tramples angrily when Umbridge *spit, spit* says they have 'near-human intelligence'.
5). Another centaur who fires an arrow...and then all hell breaks loose and they all start threatening her for 6).!

So, new question:

The Headmaster's full name is?

initials: A.P.W.B.D.

Have fun,
Yoda biggrin.gif
hockeygod
Albus Percival Wolfuric Brian Dumbledore

I am positive on everything other than the W. Be kind though; I did it off the top of my head.
Jerry
I think it's Wulfric, but I'd be the last one to know. I'm terrrible with names tongue.gif
Yoda
Well done - between the two of you perfection (HG right on all from his head but the 'W' and Jerry getting said 'W')

one of you two next (preferably HG as he was 80% correct, although statistically beyond that Jerry was 100% correct, but anyway, I ramble tongue.gif)
Jerry
QUOTE (Yoda @ Jul 21 2004, 12:33 PM)
Well, in terms of threatening there's about five or six different centaurs responsible, and not all of them have names!

1). Centaur who fires an arrow over Umbridge's *spit, spit* head before all the centaurs emerge into clearing.
2). 50 Centaurs who aim bows at her as they emerge (notably Magorian)
3). Bane, who loses it a bit when Umbridge *spit, spit* calls them half-breeds.
4). Magorian, who tramples angrily when Umbridge *spit, spit* says they have 'near-human intelligence'.
5). Another centaur who fires an arrow...and then all hell breaks loose and they all start threatening her for 6).!

Very thorough, Yoda fing05.gif

Here is a meticulous question:

How many goals did Transylvania score against England in Book#4?
hockeygod
I believe Transylvania scored 21 goals.
Yoda
lessee, England lost to Transylvania by 390 to 10 (we suck!)

So 390 - 150 for the Snitch is 240 ---> 24 goals

Wheeeeeeeee the maths degree is useful for something biggrin.gif

New question, hearking back to the days of yore (i.e. from Philosopher's Stone):

Which three books did Hermione read as a bit of 'extra reading' over the holiday that feature Harry?
sockless
Modern Magical History, The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts, andGreat Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century

(i had to look up one tongue.gif )

In OotP, what order did the Weasley's / Harry, turn into Mrs. Weasley's boggart?
Jerry
Okay, let's see if my memory doesn't fail me...

Ron, Bill, Fred & George, Percy, and then Harry. I probably missed one, but if I didn't, here's the next question:

Who was the ministry worker who had horns by the Quidditch World Cup?
Yoda
That would be Gilbert Wimple of the Commitee on Experimental Charms biggrin.gif (Guess who read the HP books while he was on holiday?)

Also from the 'Goblet of Fire':

How many times did Moody (Crouch) put Harry 'through his paces' until he could shake off the Imperius Curse?

Yoda, sorcerer.gif take over Procrastination Station
Jerry
Four times (don't fail me, long-term memory tongue.gif )

What is the spell to create a bouquet of flowers (Book 4) ?
Yoda
'Orchideous' is the spell, and the strange thing is unlike most other spells/charms/jinxes used in GoF, the word does not appear in Italics in my copy...hmmmm

Different book:

Where does Madam Marsh live nearby to? (PoA)
Jerry
That would be Abergavenny.

Here's a tricky one: In what book is Sirius Black not mentioned?
Yoda
Well, I could be really sneaky and go for 'Quidditch Through the Ages' or 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' in reference to the comic relief books that JKR released, but I'm sure they're not the ones Jerry's looking for, soooooooooo:

Philosopher's Stone - nope, Hagrid mentions borrowing the bike off him.
Prisoner of Azkaban - nope
Goblet of Fire - nope
Order of the Phoenix - nope

So my answer is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (unless it's one of the comic relief books!)

Yoda, working things out is fun (if it's not work)
Yoda
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand because I forgot to put in a question:

What is the only spell known to repel a Lethifold?

Yoda, devil.gif
Jerry
Is it the Patronus Charm? ermm.gif
Yoda
As the Epideme virus would say: 'Give that man an eyebrow - hey, I'm feeling generous - give him two!' Absolutely correct Jerry - your question

Yoda, giving out eyebrows thumbup1.gif
Jerry
Thanx for the eyebrow laugh.gif

In the HP series, there is someone who shares the same surname as Sturgis Podmore. Who is it and in what book is he mentioned?
Yoda
Sir Patrick Delaney Podmore of the Headless Hunt, In 'Chamber of Secrets' - and that one taxed my memory!

From PS:

Who (wearing a tall hat) bows to Harry in a shop which Aunt Petunia promptly whisks him out of?
Jerry
Dedalus Diggle, of course biggrin.gif

This one is a little tricky, too:

Throughout the HP series, which people actually say Voldemort's name aloud?

Good Luck. smile.gif
Yoda
If you want, I can attempt to go in order of saying it biggrin.gif

Dumbledore
McGonagall
Hagrid
Harry
Hermione
Quirrel
Voldemort/Tom Riddle
Lupin
Sirius

And they're all that occur to me at this point - how close am I?

Yoda, racking brains while not looking for a job - that's the kind of job I want biggrin.gif
Drie
Don't forget Ron! He finally said it in OotP.

But of course, you get the full credit for your answer. Kudos to you, Yoda!
Yoda
Wahibble! I though I should have put Ron down, but I just couldn't remember - I better go reread OotP again!

So, time for a new question:

Who wrote The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection from Harry's booklist in year one?

Yoda, liking the names biggrin.gif
Jerry
I lent the book to my brother, so naturally I never got it back... tongue.gif

Is it

[*memory*]

Quentin Trimble?

[/*memory*]
Yoda
Onnnnnnnnnnne Hundred Percent Correct! New question from you Jerry!
Jerry
Okay, an easy one...

Who was the gamekeeper before Hagrid?
Yoda
I couldn't leave without answering this now, could I? Should have got it from my ardent following of Terry Pratchett really!

Ogg

So, I shall leave a tricky one behind:

Who are the 'arrogant little berks' of the series?
Jerry
The Marauders? ermm.gif
Yoda
good enough biggrin.gif I was driving for James & Sirius (as described by him!)
Jerry
Okay, here's the next question:

What were the ways that Dobby tried to get Harry to stay home/ come back from Hogwarts (in CoS)?
Yoda
i. Kept back his post ranting.gif
ii. The cake biggrin.gif
iii. The barrier
iv. The Rogue Bludger

Yoda, any more?
Jerry
Nope, you're completely correct!

Here's an eyebrow, and the floor is yours. tongue.gif
Yoda
wheee! good old photographic memory - I was remembering the film rather than the book because it's all visual! biggrin.gif

Sooooo, trying to stump Jerry, I shall come up with another 'tricky' question:

To the shop at the end of which road does Mrs. 'Figgy' Figg go to buy her cat food?
Jerry
Wisteria Walk, or was I too quick and got it wrong? wink.gif
Yoda
Right again - and I'm all out of eyebrows!
Jerry
And we continue...

Name all of Gilderoy Lockhart's books. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

warning: trick question...
Yoda
Well, putting aside the 50-or-so that he did write but did so by thieving the information off other people, I suppose the only book he wrote (going by the last 10 seconds of CoS) is 'Who am I?'

What was Percy's personal 'nothing personal' surprise?
Jerry
The 'sample of fertilizer from Norway' = dragon dung from F&G. biggrin.gif

When does Professor McGonagall call Harry by his first name?
Yoda
Well, the only time I can remember is when she talks to Dumbledore about the events that took place at Godric's Hollow. Other than that, she does mention his first name during the Sorting Ceremony.

Assuming I'm right, here be the next question:

What is Nicholas Flamel, besides an alchemist?

Yoda, wizard is not the answer tongue.gif
Jerry
Is it opera-lover ermm.gif ?

Yoda
*hands out eyebrows by the dozen*

Absolutely correct - thank you, and good night!
Jerry
Great, now it's my time to confuse! devil.gif (j/k tongue.gif )

Lucius Malfoy had deflected Bellatrix Lestrange's curse in the Department of Mysteries, causing prophecies to shatter. What did the prophecies say?

Good Luck. smile.gif
Drie
QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 25 2004, 04:46 PM)
*hands out eyebrows by the dozen*

Absolutely correct - thank you, and good night!

You're handing out eyebrows now? Does Yoda even have eyebrows? Or is there just a stash of them in one of his pockets for this kind of occasion...
Yoda
To answer Drie first: Of course I have eyebrows! I don't know about the film star version of me though...must talk to my agent about that. Don't want to get sunburned on my eyelids if I have to go to Tunisia to film biggrin.gif And yes, there is also a stash for hp trivia occasions.

And now to answer Jerry's question, which, because I was having evil thoughts after reading OotP, I posted under the message title 'Uh-oh' back on gt.net devil.gif

'At the solstice will come a new...'

*snip passage*

'And none will come after.'

The reason for 'uh-oh'? Very simple, OotP was released on the summer solstice. That one made me very unpopular for five minutes (then someone realised it was a joke - or like me, hoped it was a joke - JKR does have a wicked sense of humour).

Yoda, also in possession of a wicked sense of humour devil.gif

PS: The new question, which I forgot the first time, is this:

What gift did Hagrid and Olympe first present to the giant's leader (the Gurg)? And I'm looking for the name, as well as the properties devil.gif
Jerry
"A branch o' Gubraithian Fire" biggrin.gif

Properties: A charm that causes an object to burn with an everlasting fire

The next question:

How did Mrs. Figg first describe the dementors?
Yoda
Well, after saying they run (then glide), Mrs. Figg eventually decides that they are 'Big and wearing cloaks' biggrin.gif

What section of the International Confederation of Warlock's Statute of Secrecy did Harry break (in a thoroughly legal fashion)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.