Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
pdlegirl
Yup. You are correct.
Jerry
Okay, an easy one:

What is Cornelius Fudge's middle name?
pdlegirl
Oswald

What floor is Ron's room on at the Burrow?
nome
fifth?
pdlegirl
Yep! He's on the fith floor.
nome
An easy one, but where does Luna Lovegood live? (sorry, but Yoda wants a new question and I'm doing this off of the top of my head. wink.gif )
Yoda
Wheeeeeeeee a question - thanks nome biggrin.gif Assuming that the Lovegoods are the ones referred to in GoF - they live near Ottery St. Catchpole and the casa de Weasley.

Where does Neville's Mimbulus Mimbletonia come from? (Looking for the place, not Uncle Algie smile.gif)
Jerry
Assyria, or from somewhere around there? ermm.gif
Yoda
Bingo - your question Jerry biggrin.gif
Jerry
Okay:

What piece was Hermione representing in the game of chess? (PS/SS)

Jerry, still stubborn with his version of en-passant biggrin.gif
Yoda
Ahem. looks like en passant I should mention I am a complete idiot and managed to look at the explanation upside down, and to make matters worse, while looking in the mirror strategically positioned to let me watch tv while on the pc.

So, to the question: Hermione was a castle/rook/right-angles-only-thingy

And now to set an evil question in return!

How much does a copy of 'Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them' cost a wizard? (the comic relief version, that is)
Jerry
14 Sickles and 3 Knuts (though it may be the other way around... ermm.gif )?
Yoda
100000000000000% right as per usual Jerry biggrin.gif
Jerry
One quadrillion percent right? I doubt it. biggrin.gif

Who were the death eaters that ambushed Harry and his friends in the Department of Mysteries?

Good Luck smile.gif
pdlegirl
Avery, Bellatrix, Crabbe, Dolohov, Rabastan Lestrange, Macnair, Malfoy, Mulciber, Nott, Rookwood, Jugson, Rudolphos Lestrange, and of course Voldemort (but he's not a death eater, is he).........is that all of them????? blink.gif
Jerry
Yep, your turn fing05.gif
pdlegirl
Whew! Who were the first people Harry ever met in the Leaky Cauldron?
nome
First person, or first people? How many do you want?

IIRC, it starts out with an exchange between Tom and Hagrid, then we get Daedelus Diggle... do you need all the greeters? (mind dead, at the moment)
pdlegirl
Well, you named more than one-so that's fine! Your turn! biggrin.gif
sockless
. . . . right.

What was some of Proffessor Umbridge's waffle in OoP at the opening feast?
Yoda
'progress for progress's sake must be discouraged' and 'pruning practicies that ought to be prohibited' are the bits I remember. Then there may have been a Belgian Waffle involved. But I'd like to believe Umbridge is too foul to be given that.

Where did Harry first meet Dedalus Diggle?
nome
In a shop, while he was with his aunt, no? He remembered the funny man with the hat who bowed to him, and commented on it to Diggle when he remet him in the Leaky Cauldron.
Yoda
correct nome - your turn!
nome
What do Ron and Harry's polyjuice potions look like after they add the 'bits' of Crabbe and Goyle?
Yoda
Crabbe's went a dark, murky brown and Goyle's 'the khaki colour of a bogey' (nice imagery laugh.gif)

What cursed object had claimed the lives of nineteen Muggle owners to date? (also CoS)
Jerry
Some sort of necklace that's been tampered with? unsure.gif
nome
Pretty much Jerry, IIRC. Big pearl necklace, cursed to choke the owners?
PhredthePineappleEater
Wasn't it a necklace of opals?
nome
blushing.gif Come to think of it.... I think it was.

fing34.gif Very nice, IYRC.
PhredthePineappleEater
When the Dark Mark happened, what book helped Hermione figure out which school the people speaking french intended?
Jerry
"An Appraisal of Magical Education in Europe?" unsure.gif
PhredthePineappleEater
Yupp, yupp, you're right!

Your turn
Jerry
Okay, an easy one: wink.gif

What's the spell to extinguish light?
Robert
NOX!

In what book does Hermione accuse Ron of having the emotional range of a teaspoon?
Jerry
I think in the 5th, when he says that "No one can feel that many things at once. They'd explode." or something like that about Cho Chang.

I believe that this is the correct answer, so here's the next question:

What were the curses and hexes used against the Inquisitorial Squad in Umbridge's office (by Neville, Ginny, etc...)
Yoda
Can't believe I didn't remember the answer to this! To quote Ron:

A couple of Stunners
Neville's nice little Impediment Jinx
A Disarming Charm
and Ginny's Bat Bogey Hex

now, laugh - laugh I say - as you picture Malfoy's face being peppered by winged Bat Bogeys! laugh.gif

Now, let's have us a Christmassy theme:

How many were seated before Professor Trewlawney joined them one Christmas? (and why is the number after she was seated significant?)
Robert
In PoA. The answer is 13 and the theory is that when thirteen dine, then the first to rise is the first to die.

This is considered a prime forshadowing point for Ron's death in Book 6 by some.

Question: Name the colors of Weasley jumpers given in each book (and their recepients)

(This should keep Jerry busy for a few hours) devil.gif
Yoda
Right then, *vigourous knuckle cracking sounds*, Robert's challenge has stood long enough! Here we go:

Philosopher's Stone: Harry - Emerald, Ron - Maroon unsure.gif , Gred & Force - Blue with yellow letters, Percy - not sure.

Chamber of Secrets: Not sure about the colours, except Ron - Maroon ermm.gif

Prisoner of Azkaban: Harry - Gryffindor colours with a Lion, Ron - Maroon :dry.gif

Goblet of Fire: Harry - Green with a Dragon, Ron - Maroon mad.gif

Order of the Phoenix - not sure again, but Ron - Maro- ranting.gif

PS: I realise Maroon isn't actually orange in colour, but orange/brown is my colourblind area - so it looks like that to me! biggrin.gif

Aha! How do you like them apples (or fruit of your choice)?

And so, a question, and hopefully as tricky as Robert's:

What is the proper name for the amazing save Ron pulls off in one of the Quidditch practices? (And, in what form should it never be attempted?)

Christmassy wishes to you all - and jumpers of a dubious colour!
Robert
The correct name is Starfish and Stick The way not to do it is without your brom which is called Starfish without Stick!

What does Hermione use to heal Harry's hand after his detention with Delores?
Goatman
essence of murtlap

where does harry hide whilst he is Sirius' house when he hears/thinks that voldemort is possesing him?
Jerry
In his bedroom? unsure.gif
Goatman
nope.

to be more specific I mean when Hermione finds him
Drie
Wasn't it upstairs in Sirius' bedroom where he was feeding Buckbeak?

Goatman
yup
ur turn
Drie
Okay...what is the name of Uncle Vernon's company?
blonde_jenius
Grunnings
Drie
Yep! Your turn.
Yoda
as we are 16 days onward with no new question, I will throw one out there:

How many times does Harry say 'Voldemort' when discussing the events that lead up to the Trio disappearing through the trapdoor? (i.e. post Forbidden Forest, when they're gathered in the common room).

For a bonus point, how many times does Ron say 'Will you stop saying his name!' in response to Harry's summary?
Yoda
hmmm, a clue perhaps:

it's more than four but less than six - and it isn't three, m'lud! (and as for the bonus, it's 60% of the answer)
nobody
oh i know i know!!!!!!!!!!
it's 5 and 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

ok:

what dark detectors are described in the come and go room??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.