Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HP Trivia
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > Procrastination Station
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jerry
Nice try. smile.gif

It was essence of something, and another ingredient
Juliet5368
I checked the chapter of the book where it talks about Harry replenishing his potions supplies in PoA. It didn't specify any ingredients.
All it said was:
There were, however, things that Harry needed to buy. He went to the Apothecary to replenish his store of potions ingredients, and as his school robes were now several inches too short in the arm and leg, he visited Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions and bought new ones. Most important of all, he had to buy his new schoolbooks, which would include those for his two new subjects, Care of Magical Creatures and Divination.

unless you are talking about another HP book
Jerry
Oops, you caught my mistake. It was GoF. My bad. bag.gif

You can have the next question, unless you want to keep guessing.

sterb292.gif blushing.gif bag.gif

Juliet5368
That's ok, Jerry. I got itthe answer though. It was: spine of lionfish and essence of belladonna

What's your next one?
Jerry
You solved the answer correctly. Means it's your turn to ask wink.gif
Juliet5368
does it have to be from the HP books?
Jerry
Preferably. But I guess you can ask it from other JKR 'sources'...
Juliet5368
Here is my question:

what painting was the Fat Lady hiding in after Sirius Black had attacked her when she would not admit him into the Gryffindor Common Room in PoA?
Yoda
Depending on your source, the answer is:

Running through the trees (in portraits) on the fourth floor ~ Prisoner of Azkaban, the book

Behind a rhino! ~ Prisoner of Azkaban, the film

Either way - a new question biggrin.gif (and because this was a source of amusement in the PoA film for me) what book is the wizard stirrring his tea reading when Harry enters The Leaky Cauldron?

Yoda, going filmic
Robert
Well, I went and looked at my downloaded copy of PoA and what I could make out is that it is a Trade paperback entitled "A brief history of ..." with a picture of a boy on the cover. Sorry but the resolution wasn't strong enough when I paused to get the rest.
Yoda
Well, the 'A brief history of...' bit is right, and as for the boy on the cover, he's not a boy! As a slight clue to those confuzzled: he is the englishman with an american accent who made the news last month (for this reason) smile.gif
Yoda
Additional clues:

He recently decided black holes don't actually destroy everything, a fact already suggested by the sphagettification of the Red Dwarf crew in the book 'Better Than Life'.

Recently, he also wrote 'The Universe in a Nutshell'

Hope these help!
Yoda
Jerry
Is it Stephen Hawking?
Yoda
Iiiiiiiiiiit's eyebrow time 105.gif Well done Jerry, your question! biggrin.gif
Jerry
Okay, here we go:

Name 9 passwords that were used to gain entrance into Gryffindor Tower in Books 1-5, inclusive.

Good luck smile.gif
blonde_jenius
Name 9 passwords that were used to gain entrance into Gryffindor Tower in Books 1-5, inclusive.

Balderdash (GoF)
Fortuna Major (PoA)
Scurvy Cur (PoA)
Wattlebird (CoS)
Caput Draconis (PS/SS)
Fairy Lights (GoF)
Mimbulus Mimbletonia (OotP)
Pig Snout (PS/SS)
Oddsbodikins (PoA)

tongue.gif i did have to double check which books they were in though! blushing.gif

Hatty

Jerry
Great job, Hatty! fing05.gif notworthy.gif

Your turn. smile.gif
blonde_jenius
Next question . . .

How many staircases are there at Hogwarts? tongue.gif

Jerry
I think it says in PS/SS it's 142, but I'm not sure. Is it correct? unsure.gif
blonde_jenius
yes well done! it does say in PS/SS. Its at the begininning of Chapter 8( The Potions Master)
Jerry
Okay, here's the next question:

Name 5 drinks served in 'The Three Broomsticks'

Good luck smile.gif
Yoda
Butterbeer
Mulled Mead (good ol' Hagrid)
Gillywater
Cherry Syrup & Soda with Ice (and an umbrella)
Redcurrant Rum

Right, here's a challenger (hopefully): After faking his death at the...folds...of a Lethifold, which wizard was later discovered living with the landlady of the Green Dragon?

Yoda, (hopefully) devil.gif
Jerry
Janus Thickey? ermm.gif unsure.gif
Yoda
the one and only biggrin.gif
Jerry
Alright, time for an easy question: biggrin.gif

Which herbs did Firenze tell Harry and his classmates to burn during Divination?

Yoda
Sage and mallowsweet, not a good stuffing, but prime burning stuff. Now sage and onion, there's a fine stuffing biggrin.gif

What do the two fireworks that wake Harry from his dream in OotP mate into when they collide?
Jerry
Catherine wheels + Rocket = Glittering, pink-and-silver winged piglets biggrin.gif

Name three objects that Tonks knocks over/breaks laugh.gif
sockless
a dish, Umbrella stand, and a chair.

What book does Snape take from Harry while he, Ron and Mione are in the cortyard? (PS/ SS)
Jerry
"Quidditch Through the Ages", I believe.

What Chocolate Frog cards does Harry uncover on his first trip to Hogwarts? (PS/SS)
Yoda
Dumbledore, Morgana, Hengist of Somewhere, Alberic Gunnion(?), Circe, Merlin, Cliodna aaaaaaand Paracelsus biggrin.gif

How long does it take Snape to realise that Hermione has set him on fire? (in the book, not the film)

Yoda, see below for real answers to question Jerry set: !

PS:After checking the book, I believe Hengest is actually from Woodcroft, not somewhere, and it's Grunnion, not Gunnion.
Jerry
Thirty seconds, I think.

From who did Hagrid buy Fluffy? biggrin.gif
pdlegirl
Quirrell/Voldemort....or the guy with a hood!
Jerry
Unless I'm mistaken, that was who gave Norbert to Hagrid, not Fluffy.

Hint: Think where Omega originated from
pdlegirl
Doh!

How about this? A Greek dude in a bar. Better? I seem to have had a temporary brain fart. sad.gif
Jerry
A "Greek chappie". wink.gif I'll give it to you, but only because I'm in a very good mood today for some reason biggrin.gif

Ask away, pdlegirl! biggrin.gif
pdlegirl
Alright, an easy one.

What is the number you ring in the telephone booth to enter the ministry of magic? And what's so darn special about it? biggrin.gif
Jerry
62442 = "MAGIC". What does magic have to do with Harry Potter? confused1.gif biggrin.gif

What is the spell to vanish objects?

Good Luck smile.gif
pdlegirl
Evanesco? ermm.gif
Jerry
And my question vanishes from existence. biggrin.gif

Take a bow, and the floor is yours. notworthy.gif fing05.gif
pdlegirl
Whoot!

Who was Ludo Bagman accused of passing information to when he was put on trial?
Jerry
Augustus Rookwood, I believe.

What spell sends out silver sparks when cast?

Good Luck smile.gif
Jerry
Okay, seeing as a clue might be needed...

It's first mentioned in Book 2 and is used against a Slytherin (at that occurrence)
pdlegirl
Could it be "Rictusempra" huh.gif
Jerry
QUOTE (Pdlegirl)
Could it be "Rictusempra"  huh.gif 

Well Done! fing05.gif
pdlegirl
What type of dragon did Krum have to get past in the Triwizard Tournament?
Jerry
Chinese Fireball, if my memory serves me right biggrin.gif

What gift did Hagrid attempt to give Golgomath?

pdlegirl
A roll 'o dragon skin.

How much money did Fred and George bet on the World Cup?
Jerry
37 Galleons, 15 Sickles, 3 Knuts.

Name 4 Educational Decrees 332.gif biggrin.gif
pdlegirl
Grrr....

#22 In the event of the current Headmaster being unable to provide a candidate for a teaching post, the ministry should select an appropriate person.

#23 which creates the new position of Hogwarts High Inquisitor

#24 No student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs may exist without the knowledge and approval of the high inquisitor

#27 Any student found in pssession of the magazine The Quibbler will be expelled.

Who wrote the ban on Experimental Breeding?
Jerry
Newt Scamander? confused1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.