Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NaNo's progress
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion > The Writers' Well
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Shimmer
Aww, Imogen! I know you can do it! And besides youre really on track, a day or two won't through you off that much! You still have at least twice as much as I do...*gulps*
Hang in there, you'll be fine! I promise!

Shimmer~at work, no time to write, oh god. ermm.gif
nome
It's kind of sad when I'm very happy to be a procrastinator.

I've been reasonably busy for the past while, but I HAVE had enough time to write. I just don't. I don't know if it's disinterest, lack of motivation, distraction with the writing I desperately want to do on my other work, or depression and the fact that deep in my gut I know I'm not going to even come close to finishing, but I just haven't done anything.

So I count it as procrastination, and I'm starting to think of it in the manner 'if I don't do it, the month will end and it will be too late'.

*reads what she just wrote* shoot. sorry for dumping. ignore my angsty, introspective whinging.

Y'all are doing so well! I'm so proud of all of you. I hope you're having fun!

Anybody got a dorf man yet?
Imogen
Yeah, you're right. As long as I do a fair bit every weekend I should be ok - especially as there are three weekends left before NaNo finishes. I can write 8000 words in a weekend, so realistically, even if I don't write at all during the week I'd come very close to finishing.

It's not unachievable... or I hope it's not... ARGH!

Imogen wallbash.gif must do some writing wallbash.gif must do some writing wallbash.gif

Yes, Bart's got the Dorf man in one of his early chapters! Very impressive! We've also both got random vegetables in our stories laugh.gif
b4zookajules
I'm now 20 000 words through, just about hanging onto finishing on time. XD

The dorf man!! Argh, I've totally forgotten about him. XD I think I know how I can stick him into this next chapter... he'll eat up another few hundred words at least, anyway. wink.gif Alli managed to get him into her story though, in a way that actually made sense to her plot!! laugh.gif *very impressed*

Hope you're all doing good biggrin.gif

xxx
Shimmer
I broke the 10,000 word mark! I'm now the proud owner of 10,223 words! I know it's still behind where I need to be, but it's still exciting!

Shimmer teehee.gif
Imogen
I'm going to blister through a lot of words this weekend to catch up again. I'm having real problems getting any writing done mid-week, especially when I know I should be packing.

I'll post the end of chapter 5 tonight and there'll be at least 2 chapters posted over the weekend. I've GOT to sort my life out!

Imogen smile.gif
bart
Talking of blistering trough lots of words...

Just shy of 2500 words in todays first update and I am hoping to blast though another 1500 or so today, so Drie can keep her fingernails intact from the rather nasty cliffehanger at the end of it devil.gif

bart
[Theres life outside of NaNoWriMo? Where? Where? Show me!, Show Me!]
Imogen
I'm having a lot of problems right now - mostly because I'm trying to pack the house up for the move and it's not leaving enough time for the writing I've got to do. I wanted to get 2 chapters written this weekend, and I've not quite finished chapter 6 yet. It'll be done before bed and I'll be just past the 25,000 mark.

I can see two options: I either blaze through the remaining words in a week or so, or I stop until we've actually relocated and take the same time that remains in NaNo and finish it off then.

It's a tough call, but I think I'm going to have to take a break now. Mostly because moving house is never fun anyway, but it's twice as difficult with 3 small kids (including one with autism!) We're off in less than 3 weeks and I'm nowhere near getting anything organised. The books are packed, but that's about it...

wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

No final decision yet. Maybe I'll just have an insane week of writing?

Imogen smile.gif
bart
And 1206 in the second update, so am now standing at an unbelievable [at least to me, anyway] 24583 words.

*falls over**
bart
Shimmer
Okay, so I have 15,000 words. I'm proud of myself. But that means that I have 35,000 words to write in 13 days. *dies*

Shimmer
Imogen
Keep it up folks! You're doing brilliantly!

Imogen biggrin.gif
bart
Another good sized update today, to make up for yesterdays day of procrastination brings me up to 29,152, and suprisingly on target biggrin.gif

bart
Shimmer
I'm currently at 17, 020 words, horribly off the number that I should be at. I'm just so busy! I'm going to try my hardest to finish by December 1st (my birthday!!) but if I can't, I'll pull an Imogen and finish later.

Shimmer~telling herself its okay not to finish on time
bart
QUOTE (Shimmer @ Nov 19 2003, 09:59 PM)
I'm currently at 17, 020 words, horribly off the number that I should be at. I'm just so busy! I'm going to try my hardest to finish by December 1st (my birthday!!) but if I can't, I'll pull an Imogen and finish later.

Shimmer~telling herself its okay not to finish on time

Your doing great Shimmer and once the slave driver that is my NaNoWriMo lets me out for a bit, I will pop over and continue reading it. biggrin.gif

bart fish.gif's his NaNo for taking over his November

PS. Just broken the 30,000 barrier tonight. biggrin.gif
Drie
Hey bart, just reviewed your current installment. Pure genious!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Congrats on the word count. And Shimmer, don't give up hon! I'm very impressed with how much you've written!!!
Enna
I'm really happy at the moment! I just crossed the 30,000 line a couple of hours ago! smile.gif

Although, I'm feeling really ill at the moment... too ill to sleep, in fact. I'm not going to be able to sleep for a while, so I've set myself a ridiculous NaNo target (40k by the end of the day XP) and am not going on the internet from 3am-whenever I'm finished.

Hee, wish me luck. ^_^

-Enna
Shimmer
18.090 words. Have decided to make it 20,000 by the end of this half hour.

blink.gif

Shimmer
Drie
QUOTE (Shimmer @ Nov 20 2003, 01:20 PM)
18.090 words. Have decided to make it 20,000 by the end of this half hour.

blink.gif

Shimmer

Good luck! thumbup1.gif
Shimmer
Happy to report that although I had to split my half hour up as I had a lot of other things to do, I know am the proud owner of 20,047 words. Yay! Still less than half, but thats okay. *keeps telling herself that*

Shimmer~It's okay, it's okay...
bart
*gulps*

my nanowrimo spreadsheet tells me days left is now in single figures.

bart
who me panic?

Shimmer
I have decided that with all the stress going on in my life right now and the fact that starting tomorrow, it's only going to intensify, that I am not going to worry about completing this in November. I'll try, like Imogen, for the end of december. I'm proud of myself for having written as much as I did (22,000!), but theres just too much to write and not enough time. It's not giving up really, just getting to the finish line a bit behind everyone else.
Good Luck All!

Shimmer
Imogen
You can do it Bart! Keep it going!!

My goal for the end of the month is 30,000 words...

Imogen smile.gif
bart
Thanks for your support Imogen, you know I think I just might do it as well biggrin.gif

And todays two chapters have certainly helped, I've now pushed on past 40,000 words and am in the home stretch you have no idea how much easier it looks when you have less than 10,000 words left to go, because I know i can churn out 4000-5000 on the last day if I have too, luckily its a day off as well.

Bart
far too pleased with himself at the momment
Willow
Woooooow, go Bart! sorcerer.gif sorcerer.gif
bart
edging ever nearer 42,668
Imogen
Have begun Very Cunning Plan ™

I can't admit defeat on this! I absolutely canNOT miss this deadline, so I'm rattling out the basic plot for the rest of the chapters as fast as I can go. There's going to be no prizes for Literature on this version laugh.gif BUT (and this is the all important but) I should make the deadline with a hastily scribbled rest of plot.

It does mean that the chapters should go up pretty quickly in December, because all I'll need to do is rewrite them so they're readable for you and have all the emotions and such in that I want. Then I can start the proper rewrite in January. The proper version looks as if it'll be about 70,000 anyway, so there's no harm in waffling it out 20,000 words of sketchy story that I can use as a framework for stuff to be posted here.

So, here we go... I'm currently 33,000 words on file and pounding the keyboard.

Imogen wink.gif
bart
now on 44,363 and after tomorrow night I should be where I want to be going in to my final day, which is thankfully a day off and gives be most of the day to blast out the last 4000ish words.

bart
Shimmer
Wow, Bart! I'm so proud of you! You're doing so well! *applauds as Bart nears the finish line*

Shimmer~Proud NaNoDeWriMo participant
Imogen
Keep going Bart! You're nearly there!!!

I've just crossed the 40,000 word barrier this morning (the writing is truly terrible; honestly you don't even want to see how bad this is!) and I've set aside the rest of the day for gabbling through the remainder of the plot.

LOL I must learn to give up on projects. This is just insane...

Still, at least it means I get to wear the t-shirt wink.gif

Imogen laugh.gif
bart
QUOTE (Elenarda @ Nov 29 2003, 10:10 AM)
Keep going Bart! You're nearly there!!!

I've just crossed the 40,000 word barrier this morning (the writing is truly terrible; honestly you don't even want to see how bad this is!) and I've set aside the rest of the day for gabbling through the remainder of the plot.

LOL I must learn to give up on projects. This is just insane...

Still, at least it means I get to wear the t-shirt wink.gif

Imogen laugh.gif

Oh go on, go on, go on biggrin.gif

post it you know you want to, yes you do
Imogen
QUOTE (bart @ Nov 29 2003, 11:01 AM)
Oh go on, go on, go on biggrin.gif

post it you know you want to, yes you do

LOLOL. If you're extremely good I'll get chapter 7 posted for you all tonight. That chapter's not so bad - it just needs a bit of brushing up. It all goes horribly downhill from there!

I'll make them slightly more paletable before I post them, right now it's not much beyond the basic plot, but it's all words, words, words...

Imogen-the feverish-typist wink.gif
fizzingwhizbee
I jut finished. ;lkdsjfls;dkjfdsl;kjdsfsdlsdkfjs;dlkfd. Words do not a good job of describing this right now. Erguhtyhwinelkflsdkjlk. !!!

I am so happy. 50676. biggrin.gif; lk;sdlk;s biggrin.gif
I am actually shaking, as you may be able to tell. wink.gif
-emma xx
Imogen
And a solid 8 hours of writing later...

laugh.gif teehee.gif biggrin.gif teehee.gif ohmy.gif hug.gif

FOFLOL I can't believe I made it to 50,000 words like that. My padded plot notes did the trick and I've the structure of what really needs to be written up typed out and finished!

I'm laughing so hard - it's been an insane few days but it's FANTASTIC to hit the end of it. I know I'm heading back to draft chapter 8 now and I've just posted chapter 7, so the work is a long way from being finished.

Today feels good!

Imogen cool.gif teehee.gif drunk.gif
bart
Well I hit the word count realised I had gone over the 50,000 barrier.

Partied drunk.gif

Validated jump.gif

Took a break teehee.gif

and returned to write those last few scenes, unfortunatly wallbash.gif the muse has decided that the rather refinded celebration of a cup of chocolate and a biscuit I tried was not for it and it's gone down the pub to leave me staring at my keyboard crybaby.gif oh well I'll just have to go and find it and drag it home kicking and sreaming after haveing bought it a drink or two of course.

bart
bart
QUOTE (bart @ Nov 30 2003, 08:21 PM)
Well I hit the word count realised I had gone over the 50,000 barrier.

Partied drunk.gif

Validated jump.gif

Took a break teehee.gif

and returned to write those last few scenes, unfortunatly wallbash.gif the muse has decided that the rather refinded celebration of a cup of chocolate and a biscuit I tried was not for it and it's gone down the pub to leave me staring at my keyboard crybaby.gif oh well I'll just have to go and find it and drag it home kicking and sreaming after haveing bought it a drink or two of course.

bart

and to those waiting for the promised last few scenes, firstly can I just erm bag.gif before saying I hope to get it completed over christmas, life has just been a bit mad for a few weeks (work in retail, lead up to christmas do I have to say more? biggrin.gif ) but I do want to get it completed and will make the time over the next couple of weeks.

bart
Willow
biggrin.gif Certainly do like to keep us waiting, hope you get it done within these next two weeks....

Love Jennie blushing.gif
Drie
QUOTE (bart @ Dec 20 2003, 03:07 PM)
and to those waiting for the promised last few scenes, firstly can I just erm bag.gif before saying I hope to get it completed over christmas, life has just been a bit mad for a few weeks (work in retail, lead up to christmas do I have to say more? biggrin.gif ) but I do want to get it completed and will make the time over the next couple of weeks.

bart

wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif
Still hanging from the cliff . . . plothole.gif Glad to know there will be some relief soon! hug.gif
Willow
I can't really rem where Barts left off....was it an exploding snap game or something? wink.gif
bart
bag.gif

whistling.gif

fish.gif OK you can stop it now It's done biggrin.gif

bart
Willow
Ah great av been waiting for this, maybe ill find out who won...i hope It was ginny. Anyways ill go read it but wont say anything wink.gif
bart
*bounce*

Just reviving an old thread and I'm not just using it as an excuse to let everybody know I've just posted my first 2263 words, no I'm not. teu45.gif
Yoda
considering I've been at work all day and have only been home for about 2 mins, I'd say that being 1% done is a good start for me biggrin.gif
Imogen
I've just sat down and I'm about to start. Although 'Buffy' is on in 20 minutes and I've got a stack of exercise books to mark.

Here we go!

Imogen cool.gif
bart
Would two updates in one day, be considered showing off? teu45.gif
Imogen
Yes!

2912 words so far, but I need to stop for today and do some real work, for which I get paid!

Looks like I might get a chapter posted tomorrow with any luck. Keep your fingers crossed, but it feels great to be 5% done on Day 1!

Imogen boat.gif
QuickHare
Everyone who has entered this contest deserves one of these:

user posted image
Della_Luna
If I knew how to insert the little shiny star I would...but I don't...so I won't..and all of you crazy people will have to do with a big hug.gif!
Yoda
According to fp.com I'm at 2198 words, but I think it's closer to 1800 or so - not bad for day one smile.gif
Della_Luna
Yaaaaaaaaay Yoda!!!

fp.com...?
Helen
I am at 1267 words and was considering giving up the thought of an original novel and writing a thunderbirds fanfic.

Oh but I am keeping with my original plot - which is good.

I was going to do a bit now while on a caffeine High, but drinking a pint and a half of coca-cola (in 3 hours) and haveing the hiccups are so painful, i think i will leave it. sick.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.