Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NaNo's progress
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion > The Writers' Well
Pages: 1, 2, 3
bart
QUOTE (Della_Luna @ Nov 2 2004, 01:36 AM)
fp.com...?

That would be fictionpress.com the "proper fiction" part of fanfiction.com, it's where Yoda is posting his story.
Yoda
QUOTE (bart @ Nov 2 2004, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (Della_Luna @ Nov 2 2004, 01:36 AM)
fp.com...?

That would be fictionpress.com the "proper fiction" part of fanfiction.com, it's where Yoda is posting his story.

"proper fiction"....oh boy, am I in trouble laugh.gif

Yoda, there's nothing proper about it!
Della_Luna
Oh, now I feel stupid...I knew that laugh.gif

And now I can give you all user posted image thanks to QH!
bart
Just added the last part of chapter 2, and have just crept over the 4000 mark, still ahead of schedule 061.gif biggrin.gif

Bart
Yoda
My total is now 4,663 words with prologues I & II in place. My actual total is probably closer to 2,250 or so - from the original prologue I (The Past) and editing/adding in bits to prologue II (Early Death) which I wrote back in June.

Beware - not for the squeamish devil.gif

Yoda, quite possibly mad, don'tchaknow wacko.gif
Imogen
Hate you both tongue.gif

I'm still coursework marking tonight but I do have a two hour gap to do some of this. Hopefully I can make some progress and finally get them out of the smithy!

Imogen smile.gif
QuickHare
(Mods or Admin may want to move this post and delete this line)

Anyone wanting to see some word counts side-by-side, feel free to visit my website at http://quickhare.8bit.co.uk/elenarda to view some nano-meters.

If you would like to add a meter, please go to http://www.shipbrook.com/nanowrimo and register for your meter, and PM me your UserID number (found in the Address/Location bar at the top of the page, like "UserID=1234").
Imogen
LOL That's got my competitive streak going. I'm over the 3,000 mark now and aiming to hit 4k before bed. Slightly behind but I'll catch up at the weekend!

I think we might need it posting somewhere a bit more obvious!

Imogen smile.gif
Imogen
4505 and that's me calling it quits for the night. I'll make up the extra 400 words tomorrow if I can - if not, then at the weekend! That's chapter 8 completed and I'll post it as soon as I get in from work tomorrow.

A big whoohooo to everyone who's doing so well so far. Keep it going everyone!

Imogen
Helen
I am on 2368 or 5% - urm not managing to get alot of writing done - mostly due to laziness and urm distractions.

I'll get some more done tommorow.
Yoda
Now at 8,634 words - thanks again to some lovely cheating. Tomorrow I actually get to start a chapter from the beginning - yay me!

Yoda, actually targetting 55,000 (or so)
Imogen
I'm just passing the 5,000 words mark and aiming for 7,000 by the end of tonight. If I make it I'll be back on track. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly, it's quite a difficult and emotional chapter to write tonight.

Thanks to QuickHare for the fabulous progress meters page!

Imogen smile.gif
Yoda
9712 words, and chapter 2 is coming along very nicely biggrin.gif The characters are starting to emerge from their 5 line shells in my notebook - all most satisfactory. It should be done by tomorrow night or early Saturday (unless I lie-in - then late Saturday)

yoda, finish work at 4 tomorrow - yay for early finish days!
Willow
Can i just ask...how much do you have to write? unsure.gif
bart
QUOTE (Willow @ Nov 5 2004, 06:36 PM)
Can i just ask...how much do you have to write? unsure.gif

50,000 words, 30 days = 1666.66 words per day
Helen
I am ages behind, lol, and with a nasty plot bunny wallbash.gif wallbash.gif and no idea where I am going so ... I dunno I will work on it I think but maybe not as much as I should.
bart
Well today begins the fight back biggrin.gif a slow fight back but a fight back none the less biggrin.gif now up to 6500 words, and a new segment posted.
Imogen
You're doing great! You'll have caught up no bother by the end of the week.

*gets the pom poms out*

I've loads of marking again, which is seriously slowing me down, but I'm aiming to get over the 11,000 word mark tonight. I'll report back later!

Imogen smile.gif
Yoda
Wheeeee - 11,777 and chapter II is up! You'll all be pleased to hear it's only half as evil as the others. And if you're not - you'll like chapter III - writing commences tomorrow (later today, in fact, by the time I post this)

And now for all others: *sets off a fireworks display*

yoda, 'we're gonna win!'
Yoda
'Chapter III: Alliance' is now up - and so is my total - 16225 words and counting!
bart
Well it looks like I'm going to have to give up on the attempt to reach 50,000 words, I'm just too far behind, and the lack of oppertunity for writing over the next week isn't going to help.

I fully intend to finish the story though, if only to stop Drie killing me over the current cliffhanger! biggrin.gif, but I'm going to put my efforts into whipping it into some sort of shape.

To eveybody who's shouted encouragement, many thanks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Bart
Imogen
I'm not sure I'm going to manage it either. I've just got so much real life work each evening that I'm barely getting started before I fall asleep. I'll see what I get done tomorrow and next week, but I'm way behind. Only about 11k right now.

Imogen ohmy.gif
Drie
QUOTE (bart @ Nov 13 2004, 11:21 AM)
Well it looks like I'm going to have to give up on the attempt to reach 50,000 words, I'm just too far behind, and the lack of oppertunity for writing over the next week isn't going to help.

I fully intend to finish the story though, if only to stop Drie killing me over the current cliffhanger! biggrin.gif, but I'm going to put my efforts into whipping it into some sort of shape.

To eveybody who's shouted encouragement, many thanks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Bart

Who, me? teu45.gif I would never do that... devil.gif drie2.gif

Glad to hear you'll finish it eventually. Would like to continue reading it as it is a wonderful story.
bart
QUOTE (Drie @ Nov 13 2004, 09:35 PM)
Who, me? teu45.gif I would never do that... devil.gif drie2.gif

Glad to hear you'll finish it eventually. Would like to continue reading it as it is a wonderful story.

*cough*YeahRight*cough*

Well there are probably a couple of segments up, you haven't read. devil.gif

bart
mbwun5
After a day of intensive writing, yesterday, I've finally broken 6000 words. At this pace I'll break 50,000 just after New Year, 2012. But I haven't given up, so we'll see how much of this defict I can make up in the last half of this month. Wish me luck.
Yoda
Keep going mbwun5 - just repeat the 'Back to the Future' mantra - 'If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!'

Speaking of using your mind - Chapter 4: Nightmares - is now written and being posted to fp.com.

The rating is going up to PG-13 now as well, to be on the safe side. It's more like a 12/12A I would say, but that rating's not available to me.

Yoda
Yoda
The relatively short Chapter 5 is now up, and I've already started on Chapter 6. It's 25k words in 8 days-ish - no worries biggrin.gif
QuickHare
So how is everyone going with NaNoWriMo? There's only a few days left to go...!
Yoda
Amazing how fast that tiny little red dot flies ahead of your nanometer, ain't it? I'm currently on 26171 - and I aim to try and hit 35K before the time is up. My colleagues are back at work on Monday, so hopefully the stress factor will reduce suitably. Plus, I'm home early due to a general lack of transport that day - hooray!
bart
Go! Go! Yoda!

Bart
Official Nanowrimo 2004 drop-out biggrin.gif
Drie
QUOTE (bart @ Nov 29 2004, 03:20 AM)
Go! Go! Yoda!

Bart
Official Nanowrimo 2004 drop-out biggrin.gif

Hey, are you offering to cheer along with me? fing05.gif

When we say go, say go NaNo!

Go! (clap clap) Go NaNo!

(Drie, running off to hide now)
Yoda
Approximately 20 mins ago (when the NaNo ended) I made 28,201 - so that will be my score for this year. Like Bart I'll continue posting my story, and I'll also be taking the opportunity to edit it, so we'll see how things go.

yoda, defeated by work - such a shame!
Yoda
For those of you still following the NaNo entries - Chapter 6 of The Rising Darkness is now up! Lots of talky and plotting to be had in this one biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.