Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question the characters...
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Harry_Potter
QUOTE (Julephenia @ Oct 21 2003, 05:20 AM)
Questions for Harry in "Nil":

How is it that you are *so* like my father? Can you teach other fathers to be that lovely? Was it a shock that Hope was in Slytherin, or did you think that might happen? What if she had been put in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw?

I'll stop now!

wink.gif

Becky, dead tired

Er... thanks blushing.gif

I've tried really hard with Hope, you know. I always promised myself that when I had kids I'd make sure they grew up better than I did with the Dursleys.

I know I get stuff wrong sometimes, but it's important to me that Hope and Sam are happy. I try and listen and I try to help Hope solve things for herself. She's as headstrong as her mother sometimes, and it's always best to let her find her own way through things if she can.

We still argue, but I'm proud of her.

There was a nagging part of me that wondered if she might end up in another house, but I think we all automatically presumed Gryffindor. Looking at her now, I can see there are elements of Slytherin in her, but I'm still surprised that it was enough to set her in that house. Still, if she's there, she's there. It doesn't matter really and we'll be cheering her along 100% whatever house she was in.

Slytherin? Yeah, it's a surprise. I'd not have been so surprised about Ravenclaw, but the important thing is to let Hope know that we still love her. Houses aren't important really.

sorcerer.gif
bart
Professor Snape I thank you, for again answering in such a timely manner, I of course was not making excuses for her, and I look forward to seeing her develop under your excellent tutelage.

Bart
PlaidPhoenix
I have a question for Molly Weasley,

When are the rest of your children going to get around to making you a grandmother? Or have they? I realize Gred and Forge, er Fred and George can be a tad bit immature at times, and Percy tends to be the total opposite of them, but Hope and Sam can't be the only lights of your life. Can they?
Willow
QUOTE (bart @ Oct 21 2003, 08:19 PM)
excellent tutelage.

do i smell i hint of scrounging for house points there? laugh.gif

i have a question for ron from A&O....how did you feel when you found out that harry was marrying ginny and the ginny planned to extend the potter line that very same year? smile.gif
Molly_Weasley
QUOTE (PlaidPhoenix @ Oct 21 2003, 07:33 PM)
I have a question for Molly Weasley,

When are the rest of your children going to get around to making you a grandmother? Or have they? I realize Gred and Forge, er Fred and George can be a tad bit immature at times, and Percy tends to be the total opposite of them, but Hope and Sam can't be the only lights of your life. Can they?

Some days I doubt whether Fred and George will ever settle down. I was hoping to have lots of grandchildren running around by now, but it doesn't seem to be happening like that.

Percy is working far too hard at the Ministry. He feels like he has to make up somehow for everything that went wrong during the war. He's driven to make a name for himself there and doesn't seem to have had much time for a relationship. Of course, that Penelope Clearwater was never good enough for him, but it would be lovely to see him happy with a lovely wife and children.

Charlie is married these days, to a stunning Swedish witch. Brains too. They'd have beautiful children, but Charlie says he's not keen to rush into anything like that. He says he had more than enough of small children when his siblings were younger, and I suppose he does have a point, given what Fred and George used to do to him.

Ron is married to Hermione, of course, and they're expecting their first child about a month or so after Harry and Ginny's new baby is due. That is going to be wonderful. It'll be good to have babies around the place again. Hope and Sam have grown up just far too fast. I don't know where the time's gone. I wish Bill had been around to see it.
bart
QUOTE (Lily_P @ Oct 21 2003, 08:36 PM)
excellent tutelage.

do i smell i hint of scrounging for house points there? laugh.gif

No just showing the Proffesor the respect he deserves, I would do the same If I were you...
hershey
excellent tutelage.

do i smell i hint of scrounging for house points there?

No just showing the Proffesor the respect he deserves, I would do the same If I were you...

sick.gif

Not so sure I buy that. Lily P can you say "**cough**brown nose**cough**"
teehee.gif
Ron_Weasley
QUOTE (Lily_P @ Oct 21 2003, 07:36 PM)
i have a question for ron from A&O....how did you feel when you found out that harry was marrying ginny and the ginny planned to extend the potter line that very same year? smile.gif

How did I feel? I was bloody furious. Harry's my best mate and all that, but even thinking about getting married and having a kid at our age was just mad. I reckoned Dumbledore had to be off his rocker. There wasn't any other way he could have come up with a crackpot scheme like that, and I thought Harry and Ginny had really made a stupid decision. I know I wouldn't have been ready for anything like that, and Ginny's my little sister - how on earth would she manage? Or Harry for that matter. I don't think he even knew what a baby looked like at that point in his life.

Hermione spent ages talking me down. I couldn't accept it. I didn't even think it would help in the war against Voldemort. It was just stupid and put them both at more risk than ever. It wasn't so much their getting married, I don't think... we were all pretty certain that would happen one day anyway, but having a baby at 17 or 18 just seemed suicidal.

I suppose now, looking back on it all, it did make sense and Hope's just too gorgeous for words, but back then, I was dead set against it.
bart
QUOTE (hershey @ Oct 22 2003, 04:45 AM)
excellent tutelage.

do i smell i hint of scrounging for house points there?

sick.gif

Not so sure I buy that. Lily P can you say "**cough**brown nose**cough**"
teehee.gif

NOW COME ON, there no need for that, **Hurumph**

Bart "The Disgruntled" tongue.gif
Willow
teehee.gif lighten up bart, your never gonna get house points down there teehee.gif
bart
I point you to your user title

Me? I'm just not that daft/brave/stupid biggrin.gif

bart [the sensible]
Willow
whats wrong with my user title? im testing him, he needs to be tested, he always gives students potions tests so now im giving him my own

its not stupid or daft...its spontaneous, and fun devil.gif laugh.gif
bart the sensible tongue.gif

Jenni [the opposite of Bart]
nome
Hope, sweetie, have you ever thought about showing some sort of appreciation for our poor Potions professor? He's really been quite tolerant, you know.

How about a nice gift, some token of your gratitude? Perhaps some flamingo feather quills... tongue.gif
Hope_Potter
QUOTE (nome @ Oct 27 2003, 06:04 AM)

How about a nice gift, some token of your gratitude? Perhaps some flamingo feather quills... tongue.gif

I'll save up and get him one for Christmas. I'm sure he'd love it! He couldn't give me a detention for giving him a present... could he?

fish.gif Hope
Severus_Snape
QUOTE (Willow @ Oct 26 2003, 01:06 PM)
whats wrong with my user title? im testing him, he needs to be tested, he always gives students potions tests so now im giving him my own

You really are a tiresome child.

Please collect your detention directly from this magical piece of parchment. You evidently need so many detentions to learn how to speak to your professors that this may save us both considerable time.

S.S.

And Potter, don't even think about it.
nome
Professor, I must admit, upon opening that page, I found myself under some sort of magical hypnosis, and gave myself a dozen detentions, and furthermore, for some strange reason, found myself amused by it.

Could you teach me that spell? It's brilliant. biggrin.gif
Willow
oi snape, ur well unfair.
And i am not tiresome, maybe you need to workout, getting tired after one comment.
i have plenty of time, i have a week off muggle school...so i intend to waste yours.
devil.gif
see the way i see it is, the more time u spend punishing me, the less time u spend punishing gryffindors/ or other gryffindors.
(not quite sure what house im in laugh.gif )
wot are you talking about so many detentions...ive had 2, maybe 3, my record is 17 in one year so watch out.
bart
May I Congratulate you Professor in developing such a useful device, It pleases me noend that you will be able to spend more of your considerable tallents teaching students.

However in exploringing your wonderful device I seem have....er...how can I put it..erm booked myself in to clean your floor for the next few weeks, I was wondering if there was anything you could do?

Respectfully Yours

Bart
PlaidPhoenix
I have a question for Harry and Ginny, do you spend time with your former housemates, like Seamus, Lavender, Neville and Parvati? I'm curious what they're up to these days.
Harry_Potter
QUOTE (PlaidPhoenix @ Oct 29 2003, 12:02 AM)
I have a question for Harry and Ginny, do you spend time with your former housemates, like Seamus, Lavender, Neville and Parvati? I'm curious what they're up to these days.

It's a good question, and I've got to admit that we've not seen much of them lately at all. I think the last time we were all together was Hope's christening, and before that probably Dean's funeral.

It took me quite a while to leave The Burrow after everything that happened last summer. Ginny managed it before I did, and even then I've not really been going to many places. Things are getting back to normal, or as normal as they ever were, but it's taking quite some time.

I should be seeing the others, I know I should. They've been pretty busy themselves, doing things like finding new jobs and places to live now that Hogwarts is over for us.

Hopefully the little something I've got planned for Ginny at the weekend will give us all a chance to spend some time together...

harry.gif
nome
QUOTE (Harry_Potter @ Oct 29 2003, 01:38 PM)
It's a good question, and I've got to admit that we've not seen much of them lately at all.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Fine, fine, good questions... um.

Have you heard anything at all from the Dursleys since that visit in Home? There is wizarding blood in the family, Dudley could end up with a wizard child...
Willow
A question for Harry in NilDesp.

After you found out about Hope playing loads of tricks on the teachers, and trying to get expelled. What did you feel? Did you feel at least a bit angry?
Harry_Potter
QUOTE (nome @ Oct 31 2003, 10:58 PM)
Have you heard anything at all from the Dursleys since that visit in Home? There is wizarding blood in the family, Dudley could end up with a wizard child...

The less I see of the Dursleys the better. There's no way I wanted them anywhere near Hope while she's been growing up. It's tempting to drop by every now and then and embarrass them by having a wizard freak dropping into their beautifully perfect Muggle lives, but then what have I got to gain by it?

I think we're all happiest with this arrangement. We have seen them once or twice since Hope melted Uncle Vernon's hair, but things didn't go any better those times either. Ginny still thinks it's funny she's known as a strumpet there, and Aunt Petunia looks as if she was swallowing a watermelon whole when she sees us.

harry.gif
Harry_Potter
QUOTE (Willow @ Nov 6 2003, 05:49 PM)
After you found out about Hope playing loads of tricks on the teachers, and trying to get expelled. What did you feel? Did you feel at least a bit angry?

When the school barn owl first arrived, I was absolutely furious. I had the whole problem of how to go about telling Ginny about what Hope had been up to without upsetting her, and believe me, that's not the easiest of things to do!

Then her letter arrived, and it changed things from me wanting to wring her neck to realising that she was actually pretty upset about everything that was going on. She was thoughtless and acted impulsively, and both of us agreed that it was a Weasley trait... or maybe a Potter one wink.gif Either way we weren't in a position to yell at her about that one.

Of course we weren't happy with what she'd been doing (but I'd have paid serious galleons to see Snape's face when she transformed him! Slinky negligee AND feathers! laugh.gif ) but the way to deal with Hope is to talk her through it. She's a good kid and she usually works out where she's gone wrong for herself, even if she does need a bit of prompting sometimes. Yell at her, and she gets defensive and defiant. Can't imagine where that comes from!

She'll take her punishment and put things right. The main thing is that it's not going to happen again.

sorcerer.gif
PlaidPhoenix
I have a question for Remus, or for Professor McGonagall. Actually it's a two part question. Were you surprised at all to see Hope sorted into Slytherin instead of Gryffindor? And secondly, how unnerving is it really to be teaching James and Lily's granddaughter?
Robert
I have some questions for Fred & George. How are the two of you viewing the recent developments at Hogwarts involving Hope? Has she told you yet about the frog or any of her other pranks (the staff transfigurations ect..)? Do you think she might end up surpassing the both of you as the greatest practical jokers in Hogwarts History?

Robert thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif
Drie
Okay, Ginny in Nil . . . I still want to know what is going on with your pregnancy! I thought we'd have an answer by now . . . wink.gif

I also want to tell you that you have an amazing daughter. I think we can expect great things from her, as well as a bit of mischief making (like her mother was/is?)!
GinnyP
QUOTE (Drie @ Apr 8 2004, 10:01 PM)
Okay, Ginny in Nil . . . I still want to know what is going on with your pregnancy! I thought we'd have an answer by now . . . wink.gif

I also want to tell you that you have an amazing daughter. I think we can expect great things from her, as well as a bit of mischief making (like her mother was/is?)!

She's great, isn't she? Although I'll swear she's getting more and more like her father every day. I'm just waiting for her to develop the 'it's all my fault that chocolate is brown' mentality and then I'll kick her! Harry says he's just glad she doesn't nick socks as well - as if she'd get a chance!

She gets into more than enough mischief without you encouraging her wink.gif Can't imagine where she gets that tendency from. Bad genes on both sides of the family and a bit of additional input from her uncles. It's impossibly hard keeping a straight face and being 'angry' at some of the things she does; I'm sure we did much worse!

The pregnancy problems aren't so much secret, it's just very difficult to talk about. Harry was always fairly keen for a big family -I suppose it's a kickback to him growing up with the Dursleys - and he's a great dad. He's really making up for what he went through, I suppose. Hope arriving so early was just the tip of the iceburg - we didn't have a clue that there were real problems there.

Things fell apart a bit after the last miscarriage in the summer. We couldn't cope - it was just awful - Harry... I never want to see Harry going through that ever again... it hurt him like nothing else ever has. Me too. That terrible nagging gap where our child should have been... the hollow nothingness... Harry elsewhere.

We shouldn't have tried again. The Healers, everyone, advised against it but I talked him into it. My fault. We've come close to losing this one too, but it's hanging in there and I'm resting like I've never rested in my life. We're not far from the point where Hope was born now, so I'm beginning to believe that it just might happen... but I'm scared to believe it.
Drie
Thanks Ginny! I'm sure that Hope won't be influenced by the likes of me . . . I mean, her uncles are the owners of the most prominant joke shop.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent difficulties. Glad to hear that things seem to be going fairly well for the time being. If not, we'll have to have words with Imogen! wink.gif
Imogen
QUOTE (Drie @ Apr 9 2004, 04:04 PM)
If not, we'll have to have words with Imogen! wink.gif

Nothing to do with me! angel.gif
Willow
Hey! Wait a second - does it say anywhere about that miscarriage? Did i miss something? wink.gif

Question for Professor Snape in Nil.

You seem to be getting along with Hope alot more than you did with Harry, What with this sudden change of heart?

Jen XxX

Jennie, I'm sure missing the professors title was just an oversight. So to save you any upsetting detentions, I've corrected it for you. biggrin.gif
Ron_Weasley
I have a question for Robert...

What are you on about? Why would Hermione read "Quidditch Monthy"?

Harry and Ginny know something, but all I get from them is sniggers!

Tell me whats going on, please!

Ron Weasley
Robert
You know, after your dismal failure to compliment Hermione on her appearance the other day, I really shouldn't spoil their fun, but I'll be nice since you did ask.

It may come as a bit of a surprise to you, but you're not the only one who reads "certain" magazines for the "articles."

However, unlike you, Hermione is clever enough to recognize that such reading material would be frowned upon by her parents.

That being said, your girlfriend found a way to disguise such materials as a subcription to "Quidditch Monthly" so that she, unlike you and the twins, won't get caught.

Now, if I were you, young man, I'd start paying a whole lot more attention to the witch in front of you and less to the ones in Playwizard! Otherwise, you might just find yourself sitting on the sidelines as Hermione and Viktor attend this year's Yule Ball!

Robert AKA devil.gif devil.gif The Evil Author devil.gif devil.gif
Drie
Oh Professor Snaaapppeee?

Are you going to make us wait until Imogen's back from her holiday to tell us what Madam Pomfrey discussed with you in private?
drie2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.