Reply to this topic    Start new topic
> Lurker Amnesty, for those ready to take the plunge
Tim
post May 17 2004, 08:39 AM
Post #31

Stealing socks

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,953

I signed on here in order to read the stories, and I was impressed and may stick around.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Imogen
post May 17 2004, 07:07 PM
Post #32

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Hi Tim,

Welcome aboard. Have a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit and don't worry if your socks go missing wink.gif

I*mogen smile.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
+Quote Post
JamesTheFirst
post Jul 1 2004, 07:03 PM
Post #33

Through the mirror

Member No.: 1,606

I'm back... even though I was never really here in the first place...

I'd taken a fanfic break over the last few months... I'm not quite sure why. Lack of energy to find what I want to read, probably. It was only when I was re-reading my printed copy of Carpe Diem (rolleyes.gif) last week that I realised how much I missed it.

Thought I'd start by coming back here. smile.gif
+Quote Post
bart
post Jul 1 2004, 09:19 PM
Post #34

Who me?
Group Icon

Member No.: 62

QUOTE (JamesTheFirst @ Jul 1 2004, 08:03 PM)
I'm back... even though I was never really here in the first place...

I'd taken a fanfic break over the last few months...  I'm not quite sure why. Lack of energy to find what I want to read, probably. It was only when I was re-reading my printed copy of Carpe Diem (rolleyes.gif) last week that I realised how much I missed it.

Thought I'd start by coming back here. smile.gif

And a fine choice of establishment to reaquaint yourself in the would of fan-fic biggrin.gif

Welcome, pull up a chair, the teapots fresh, but be careful of the biscuits, they've just come out of the oven and are a bit hot.

Darren
+Quote Post
Clinton
post Jul 2 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #35

Part of the furnishings

Member No.: 2,061

QUOTE (bart @ Jul 1 2004, 09:19 PM)
[

Welcome, pull up a chair, the teapots fresh, but be careful of the biscuits, they've just come out of the oven and are a bit hot.

I'd be more worried about who's doing the baking tongue.gif

CCC
+Quote Post
Ignotus
post Aug 25 2004, 03:02 AM
Post #36

Part of the furnishings

Member No.: 3,314

Hello, I'm new. I'm not in tune to the world so someone tell me what's going on. (You know, like, for the overall site. Jerry's really helped though) schla18.gif
+Quote Post
hershey
post Aug 25 2004, 03:52 AM
Post #37

Colin and bubbles...imagine the possibilities.

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,821

QUOTE (Ignotus @ Aug 24 2004, 10:02 PM)
Hello, I'm new. I'm not in tune to the world so someone tell me what's going on. (You know, like, for the overall site. Jerry's really helped though)     schla18.gif

Well I"ll see what I can tell you. First of all welcome, by all means pull up a comfy chair. Bart would invite you to have some tea, which is nice, but a cold pop or better yet a latte will do. The biscuits are always fresh, as are the cookies for us Yanks.

The members of this site span the globe. We come from many different backgrounds and age groups. We all love Harry Potter. We all praise our wonderful hostess, Imogen and her fabulous writings. She has graciously invited other talented authors to share her space which has been known to turn pink from time to time. It is here on the boards that we get to know one another, offer advice, listen, vent, gently tease, share new discoveries and ideas and above all procrastinate tongue.gif, all in a friendly, respectful and polite manner.

As for what's going on, well I'd suggest reading through the threads and you will catch on in no time. As for who we all are I would direct you to scan through this thread and read our profiles. Many of us have written them at some time or another.

Once again welcome. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have questions or just want to chat. Be patient for replies. I sometimes get busy at home. tongue.gif

Glad you've joined us,
Hershey

AKA Molly Weasley minus 3 boys

"I used to be a real wild child, but now I am a Volvo driving soccer mom" - Everclear

(actually I'm more a SUV driving sport of the season mom, but whose checking)

Proud Member of the Red Trio

And say my glory was I had such friends. - William Butler Yeats
+Quote Post
QuickHare
post Aug 25 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #38

It's a Small World After All
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,603

As you've noticed, Jerry is willing to help out, as am I, Bart, Elenarda and anyone else on this board. Just drop us a line and we'll help out.

And this goes for anyone who feels they need help about anything.

QuickHare

"To err is human. To completely screw up requires a computer."

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." [Lao-tzu]

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
+Quote Post
SparkyNJ76
post Sep 9 2004, 11:01 PM
Post #39

Through the mirror

Group: Readers
Member No.: 100

Greetings All

I've been lurking here since December 02, when I discovered this great place while I should have been job-hunting whistling.gif . I'd forgotten about it ( wallbash.gif ) untill recently. I've caught up on the stories I'd missed and am anxiously waiting for the next chapters of Nil Desperandum and Invictus.

Keep up the great jobs Imogen and Bart, and thanks

Sparky

Not mush of a Sig, I know, but I'm still trying to think of something witty to say..... Except

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Drie
post Sep 9 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #40

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

Hi Sparky! Glad you decided to de-lurk and post. Hope you enjoy it here at Elenarda. Please feel free to jump into any conversation, and if you have any questions we'll all be glad to help you. See you around!
hug.gif
drie2.gif

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Cristin
post Oct 17 2004, 07:27 AM
Post #41

You talkin' to me?

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 3,626

Hi everybody!

Cristin here. Just wanted to say I'm pretty new (just a few days as a member) and have really enjoyed exploring this site and chatting with some of you! Thanks for making me feel welcome here!

fing34.gif

I do not regret the things I have done, but those I did not do.

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they choose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy-

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it."
-Edith Wharton-
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 06:57 PM