Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lurker Amnesty
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
bart
Looking at the members count there are 2201 members on these boards, but there are plenty of you who have, for what ever reason not stopped by to say hello yet, well this post is your chance, thow off those shackles of lurkerdom and say hello...
jen
Hello! I joined here about a year ago but then left after the release date for OotP was announced, because I decided to stop reading fanfic to clear my mind smile.gif But I'm slowly getting back into reading stories and fanfic, so I thought I'd pop back and say hello.
Imogen
Hey there Jen - great to see you again! Glad to see Bart's amnesty thread is working at last as well wink.gif

Makes a lot of sense to have a fanfic break before OotP: did you find that you accepted what happened better than those of us caught up in fanfic did?

Imogen smile.gif
jen
I think I might've, but I might've reacted the same way even if I had stayed and read fanfic. I was sad about Sirius, of course, but not devasted - I was just relieved that it wasn't a character that I adore, like Ron or Hagrid. *shrugs* I do love Sirius as a character, but I never got that emotionally attached to him.

It's funny, now that I'm back to reading fanfic, I'm finding I like the pre-OotP fics better than the post-OotP ones... I think I'll reread CD and A&O and finish your other Hope stories soon. I stopped reading your stories on 21/1, the day we got the release date. It was horrible, seeing your name on update lists and then not reading the rest of the story!
hockeygod
Hey, hockeygod here. I joined in August of 2003 so that I could read Home is Where the Heart Is. Very good story so far Imogen, keep up the good work. I love this site and have learned of other great sites through it. Thanks Imogen. laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
dancer24
I joined.... Well, I'm not sure WHEN I joined but I joined so that I could read Nil .... Anyway today I realized that I had not posted at all here (with the possible exception of a review or two). So I thought I would drop by and say hello. HELLO!

Anyway, if there are some old GT-ers (which I am sure there are since this site IS Imogen's site) you might recognise me. I pretty active over at TIP, come check us out! I'm very into dance and theatre.

Dancer
Willow
Heya Dancer24 and Jen, its great to have you one the site n alive n posting! biggrin.gif
Pretty Penny
Hey! I joined about a year ago so I could continue to read Imogen's wonderful fics. I found this site through the Sugarquill (where I'm a regular lurker) and GT. I just thought I'd take the plunge and (finally!) post and say hi and thank you Imogen for a wonderful site and some amazing fanfics. The whole Carpe Diem Universe really helped me get through the wait for Book 5.

Kristin
Della_Luna
Welcome Kristin! Glad that you've decided to take that first step!
Willow
ooo new person! Hiya Kristin, great thats you've decided to post, dont stop now! hug.gif
Leeny
Hi all!

Another newbie here! I've been lurking for a while, reading Imogen's fantastic fanfiction, but have only now ventured onto the message boards! biggrin.gif

I first read Imogen's fanfic on SugarQuill, where I'm also a member, saw the link, and wanted to find out if she had any more fiction archived anywhere. So here I am!!!

Bye for now!

-Gwennan
Della_Luna
Welcome Gwennan! Glad you've decided to post and take that first step! Make sure that this isn't your only post though! biggrin.gif
Pretty Penny
Welcome, Gwennan!! I think you'll find that once you take the first step, it's pretty easy to jump right in to the conversations and games going on over here. Here are some welcome hugs hug.gif hug.gif

Kristin
hockeygod
Hi Gwennan. It's great to have you here! biggrin.gif I hope this isn't your last post! Posting is so much fun!
hockeygod biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Plotter
I lurked for a while before I joined, and then I lurked more afterwards until that little deal I made with hockeygod. wink.gif

And now I'm off to the games! cool.gif
hockeygod
It's great to have you here Plotter! I hope you enjoy yourself here. And make sure you post lots and lots.
~Adelaide~
'Ello, everybody! I'm Adelaide, but you can call me Dela. I joined this forum a while back, but have been elusive about posting. I post at other sites, like PhoenixSong *cough*HOCKEYGOD*cough*.

AnyHoosiers, I hope not to look like bag.gif anymore.
+Dela+
hockeygod
It's great to have you here Dela! I hope you post here on a regular basis.
Della_Luna
yay...another del(l)a...kinda! great to have you here!
Willow
Hiya Della, er....welcome to Elenarda! hug.gif

(lol huge post)
Malfidus
Hi everyone!

I'm Malfidus. I can be found at Pheonixsong, TIP, and a few other sited. I've been registered here for some time, but I've never got around to posting. Krys had to remind me. tongue.gif

I love the smilies here! alphaomega.gif blushing.gif teehee.gif bag.gif hug.gif fish.gif ranting.gif harry.gif
Plotter
Well, I'm posting here so I had to make you post....

Yay, you're here! *huggles*

Now keep posting!!! sly.gif laugh.gif
~Adelaide~
Hello, Malfidus! Yes, the smilies here are Coolest of Beans. thumbup1.gif hug.gif

I feel loved! blushing.gif
hockeygod
Welcome everyone! It's great that so many members are coming back and posting here.
oliverwoodubmine
HI! I was told by Andrew(hockeygod) to come here and post! So I will probably!! I mostly post at BB.net but you can ocassionally find a post from me at PS.net! I hope to post here some too but my time is thinning and I don't know if I will get to! HOPEFULLY I won't be bag.gif because I like the emoticons here! hehe

devil.gif alphaomega.gif hug.gif ranting.gif wallbash.gif 029.gif angel.gif horse.gif inlove.gif jawdrop.gif velho.gif starwars.gif plothole.gif 105.gif sterb292.gif teu45.gif

hehe I think I'm done now!

LUV YA
Katie
fish.gif
FlorenceWeasleySnape
Well...actually *looks at hokeygod and oliverwoodubmine* no one invited me here. My name is FlorenceWeasleySnape and I am addictive to boards, actually. So I am sure you'll hear about me a lot...

(Hi! I am FlorenceWeasleySnape and I'm a boardoholic...)

...*stares at hockeygod and oliverwoodubmine* ...I can't believe you never said they had boards here! *bangs the table* ranting.gif

I do agree though... they had fab emoticons here.

This is me (FlorWS) banging my head against the wall wallbash.gif . LOL!

Bye!

oliverwoodubmine
SORRY FLO! really I am I just thought Andrew would've told you! blushing.gif hug.gif

(I am the wizard and Flo is the other person) velho.gif PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!

and don't bang your head on the table you'll leave a mark! laugh.gif
FlorenceWeasleySnape
Yeah, yeah... *stares*
... if you two wanted to be alone you needed just to say the words.

I love the emoticons... so... alphaomega.gif

SilverAries
Er... Howdy All!!!

My name's SilverAries and I've been a lurker here since October to read Imogen's wonderful stories. This is my first time back in a while and my first post at this forum, but I just thought I'd pop in and say hi!

See you around.

~SilverAries
Goatman
hello all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive been here for a while reading the amazing stories posted here by I *Heart* my Mini! and others. This is one my first posts cause im still in school and the work is stagering so i only drop in to read.
keep at it imoge_n
goat
(ha!!!!!!!!! i beat it!!!!!!!!!!!)
Tim
I signed on here in order to read the stories, and I was impressed and may stick around.
Imogen
Hi Tim,

Welcome aboard. Have a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit and don't worry if your socks go missing wink.gif

I*mogen smile.gif
JamesTheFirst
I'm back... even though I was never really here in the first place...

I'd taken a fanfic break over the last few months... I'm not quite sure why. Lack of energy to find what I want to read, probably. It was only when I was re-reading my printed copy of Carpe Diem (rolleyes.gif) last week that I realised how much I missed it.

Thought I'd start by coming back here. smile.gif
bart
QUOTE (JamesTheFirst @ Jul 1 2004, 08:03 PM)
I'm back... even though I was never really here in the first place...

I'd taken a fanfic break over the last few months...  I'm not quite sure why. Lack of energy to find what I want to read, probably. It was only when I was re-reading my printed copy of Carpe Diem (rolleyes.gif) last week that I realised how much I missed it.

Thought I'd start by coming back here. smile.gif

And a fine choice of establishment to reaquaint yourself in the would of fan-fic biggrin.gif

Welcome, pull up a chair, the teapots fresh, but be careful of the biscuits, they've just come out of the oven and are a bit hot.

Darren
Clinton
QUOTE (bart @ Jul 1 2004, 09:19 PM)
[

Welcome, pull up a chair, the teapots fresh, but be careful of the biscuits, they've just come out of the oven and are a bit hot.

I'd be more worried about who's doing the baking tongue.gif

CCC
Ignotus
Hello, I'm new. I'm not in tune to the world so someone tell me what's going on. (You know, like, for the overall site. Jerry's really helped though) schla18.gif
hershey
QUOTE (Ignotus @ Aug 24 2004, 10:02 PM)
Hello, I'm new. I'm not in tune to the world so someone tell me what's going on. (You know, like, for the overall site. Jerry's really helped though)     schla18.gif

Well I"ll see what I can tell you. First of all welcome, by all means pull up a comfy chair. Bart would invite you to have some tea, which is nice, but a cold pop or better yet a latte will do. The biscuits are always fresh, as are the cookies for us Yanks.

The members of this site span the globe. We come from many different backgrounds and age groups. We all love Harry Potter. We all praise our wonderful hostess, Imogen and her fabulous writings. She has graciously invited other talented authors to share her space which has been known to turn pink from time to time. It is here on the boards that we get to know one another, offer advice, listen, vent, gently tease, share new discoveries and ideas and above all procrastinate tongue.gif, all in a friendly, respectful and polite manner.

As for what's going on, well I'd suggest reading through the threads and you will catch on in no time. As for who we all are I would direct you to scan through this thread and read our profiles. Many of us have written them at some time or another.

Once again welcome. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have questions or just want to chat. Be patient for replies. I sometimes get busy at home. tongue.gif

Glad you've joined us,
Hershey
QuickHare
As you've noticed, Jerry is willing to help out, as am I, Bart, Elenarda and anyone else on this board. Just drop us a line and we'll help out.

And this goes for anyone who feels they need help about anything.
SparkyNJ76
Greetings All

I've been lurking here since December 02, when I discovered this great place while I should have been job-hunting whistling.gif . I'd forgotten about it ( wallbash.gif ) untill recently. I've caught up on the stories I'd missed and am anxiously waiting for the next chapters of Nil Desperandum and Invictus.

Keep up the great jobs Imogen and Bart, and thanks

Sparky
Drie
Hi Sparky! Glad you decided to de-lurk and post. Hope you enjoy it here at Elenarda. Please feel free to jump into any conversation, and if you have any questions we'll all be glad to help you. See you around!
hug.gif
drie2.gif
Cristin
Hi everybody!

Cristin here. Just wanted to say I'm pretty new (just a few days as a member) and have really enjoyed exploring this site and chatting with some of you! Thanks for making me feel welcome here!

fing34.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.