Reply to this topic    Start new topic
> The Last Harry Potter Sentence, ending with "...scar"
Jerry
post Sep 13 2004, 03:45 AM
Post #1

Aerials

Group: Readers
Member No.: 3,207

We've known for a long time, that currently, the last sentence in the series will end with "scar". What do you think the last sentence will be?

Personally, I think Harry will die (NOOOOOOOOOO! biggrin.gif ) and it will be something like "And they all remembered him. The Boy Who Lived. The Boy with the scar."

Very cliche, but it's a possibility.

Any other thoughts?

~ M.C.

Proud Member of the I.S.D.

“Hey Harry!” said Cedric, strolling up to him. “Did you hear those screams? I almost died!... Is that David Bowie?”
“Never mind that, look!” the American exchange student exclaimed. “I found the Triwizard cup! It’s mine! All mine! I’ll finally get the fame and glory and honor I deserve!”
“Stupefy,” said Harry. The American exchange student dropped to the ground, stunned.
“Woah!” Cedric exclaimed in astonishment. “You can do magic?!”
“Come on, Cedric,” Harry sighed. “We’d better take this together. You know, so Draco Malfoy won’t think I’m selfish. I really want to get with him, you know.”

-- Silver Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Omelette of Desire

IPB Image Rabbits Have Rights!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
QuickHare
post Sep 13 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #2

It's a Small World After All
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,603

I have a feeling that Voldemort will be defeated in the end for good. So:
"As Voldemort disintegrated and faded away, so did Harry's scar."

If Mr. Potter defeats Voldemort, he might have to sacrifice himself:
"As future generations look on to the Boy Who Finally Died, the most prominent memory of Harry was his scar."

Alternatively, Harry and Ginny may "live happily ever after":
"And all the Harry Jnrs each carried a scar."

Personally, I think Voldemort will be defeated, and the scar on Harry's head seems to be linked to him, as shown when it hurt him in the past. So I think The scar will give information about Voldemort's movements and life force, and when Voldemort goes, so will the scar as the scar is a physical, real life representation of Voldemort.

Any one else have ideas?

QuickHare

"To err is human. To completely screw up requires a computer."

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." [Lao-tzu]

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
+Quote Post
hershey
post Sep 13 2004, 06:35 PM
Post #3

Colin and bubbles...imagine the possibilities.

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,821

As a lover of fairy tales, I certainly hope that all ends well and Voldemort is defeated. Secondly, I'd hate to spend the rest of my existence cursing JKR into oblivion should a less than happy ending result. With all that said perhaps the last line will be something like...

"With the dark lord defeated, all remanents of his existence obliterated by the final curse, Harry turned to face the oncoming crowd, out of habit he brushed his ever unruly hair from his forehead only to realize that while his burden had been lifted, so too had his famous scar."

AKA Molly Weasley minus 3 boys

"I used to be a real wild child, but now I am a Volvo driving soccer mom" - Everclear

(actually I'm more a SUV driving sport of the season mom, but whose checking)

Proud Member of the Red Trio

And say my glory was I had such friends. - William Butler Yeats
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Sep 25 2004, 07:52 PM
Post #4

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

It would be a lovely touch if the scar did disappear at the end, but I don't know if JKR will make it go. In favour of that theory is the idea that Harry's is "no ordinary scar" and we're told time and time again of its usefulness in linking Harry with Voldie.

But then again, whatever happens, Harry is going to be mentally scarred by events, so a physical scar wouldn't make any difference. It's the link between him and Voldie that needs to be severed.

The scar of the last sentence could be reflecting on the demise of Harry. With the now immortal scar!

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
+Quote Post
Darkarma
post Sep 26 2004, 05:12 AM
Post #5

Through the mirror

Group: Members
Member No.: 203

My thoughts,
"Never again would a twinge touch Harry's forehead save for when Ginny was kissing him and his face would burn while in public in the great hall.. But this kind evil twinge would never come from it, his scar."
Sucks I know.

But I have a feeling that it will state that it will say something the effect that he won't ever be effected mentally by his scar again. I do think though that it could be Ms. Fraud and Fortuneteller will be giving us the final prophecy.

"I wouldn't stand in front of that wurm son. 'Course, I wouldn't stand behind neither. In fact standing anywhere near that wurm's not much of a plan. Running, now thats a plan!"

~Wondering Mage
+Quote Post
GinnyBee
post Oct 29 2004, 12:04 AM
Post #6

Ten Pin Bowling

From: Formerlly San Fransisco until I was unjustly kidnapped and taken to Philadelphia. Lily and Mollie, if your reading this: Help
Member No.: 3,589

[COLOR=purple]Oh no we're lost in the london underground!! In order to get out we need to check Dumbledore's scar!

LOL[/COLOR
]

"You know Hobbes, somedays even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help." -Calvin and Hobbes.

I get days like that, but I trying to get used to the whole I'm living on the East Coast and haven't done that since I was six years old and I want to move back to San Fransisco and be with my dad and Grandmother, but instead I'm stuck with my Mom, stepdad, stepsiblings (Only one of which I can half tolerate) and annoying halfsister. But i'm trying to appreciate the things Philadelphia has that San fransisco doesn't, like snow. But that's the only thing I can think of.

And to the question I have been asked many times before on other boards: yes my name REALLY is Ginny, only it's not short for Ginevra or Virginia, it's short for Genevieve (pronounced Gin-eh-veev, not Gen-uh-veev or John-vee-ev, as I'm constantly correcting people, like my stepfather for example)
+Quote Post
Della_Luna
post Oct 29 2004, 01:35 AM
Post #7

I never claimed to know what I was talking about!

Member No.: 2,306

I knew Dumbledore's scar would come in handy somehow tongue.gif

user posted image Della Luna

Proud member of the Orly is Better than Hilary Duff and the Olsen Twins Club!

Member of the Math is Cool Club!

Member of the Society of Professional Procrastinators

What I've Learnt From Hilary Duff:
"If the light is off, then it isn't on."

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore."
~Captain Jack Sparrow
+Quote Post
QuickHare
post Oct 30 2004, 04:09 PM
Post #8

It's a Small World After All
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,603

If you ever get lost on the London Underground, always follow the (yellow) Circle Line route. After a while you'll either find yourself at Paddington Station or back where you started!

QuickHare

"To err is human. To completely screw up requires a computer."

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." [Lao-tzu]

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 02:34 PM