> Dobby meets his doom!
bart
post Nov 1 2003, 09:02 PM
Post #31

Who me?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 62

Ah the "Dobby meets his doom!" thread, the joys!, the memories!

but something tells me it would be better off in the General Discussion forum, so thats where it's off biggrin.gif

bart
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PlaidPhoenix
post Nov 1 2003, 10:25 PM
Post #32

Part of the furnishings

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,779

I've never seen this thread before.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

----

Dobby was so happy, Harry Potter and his Wheezy were getting married. AGAIN! And kind Harry Potter, generous Harry Potter, Harry Potter who was always kind to those who were beneath him had asked Dobby to help organize the festivities. Dobby was estatic, that is until he realized there was a chair missing from the main table.

"No no, this is not doing well for Harry Potter and his Wheezy!" Dobby exclaimed. Dobby looked high, Dobby looked low, Dobby looked near, Dobby looked far, but Dobby could not find the chair missing from the table. Not wanting to disapoint the kind Harry Potter, the generous Harry Potter, the Harry Potter who had not only defeated He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, but also the Ravenous Blarg Beast of Thraal, Dobby resigned himself to his face and struck a pose like a chair behind the table. Hopefully Harry Potter and his Wheezy would not notice the difference.

Little did Dobby realize that the chair that was missing was meant for Hagrid, Hogwart's half-giant groundskeeper. Much to Dobby's delight, Hagrid didn't notice the difference between Dobby and a real chair. Much to Dobby's dismay, he had forgotten the laws of physics and promptly went SPLAT! under Hagrid's enormous weight.

Ginny: Harry, what happened?

Harry: I turned myself into a newt.

Ginny: A newt?

Harry: I got better.
+Quote Post
Rommel
post Nov 1 2003, 11:48 PM
Post #33

Ten Pin Bowling

Group: Readers
Member No.: 1,539

and as Dobby welcomed the sweet kiss of Death..his last thought on earth was, Now I know why Master Harry never mixes scones with sulfuric acid

I like to skate on the other side of the ice."
- Steven Wright

I bleed purple and gold...Go LSU! Shhugah!!!
+Quote Post
Drie
post Nov 3 2003, 06:18 PM
Post #34

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

QUOTE (PlaidPhoenix @ Nov 1 2003, 02:25 PM)
I've never seen this thread before.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

"No no, this is not doing well for Harry Potter and his Wheezy!" Dobby exclaimed. Dobby looked high, Dobby looked low, Dobby looked near, Dobby looked far, but Dobby could not find the chair missing from the table. Not wanting to disapoint the kind Harry Potter, the generous Harry Potter, the Harry Potter who had not only defeated He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, but also the Ravenous Blarg Beast of Thraal, Dobby resigned himself to his face and struck a pose like a chair behind the table. Hopefully Harry Potter and his Wheezy would not notice the difference.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Okay, reading this passage while drinking tea is not recommended!

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Yoda
post Nov 4 2003, 04:08 PM
Post #35

I'm co-ordinating internationally!... help!

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 50

The big red button marked: 'Do not ever, at absolutely any cost, ever, push this button, ever, ever, ever, while inside this cave, ever, ever, ever, ever! PS: We really mean it.' sat merrily inside the cave.

Harry Potter and his friends sat merrily outside the cave, as Dobby merrily strolled inside the cave with instructions from Harry himself.

Yoda, BOOM (merrily)

PS: Not the best, but I'm a little...soaked (merrily bloody rain outside!)

Elyoda on the NaNoWriMo website

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Roxanne
post Nov 7 2003, 11:12 PM
Post #36

Part of the furnishings

Member No.: 2,152

These are kind of lame, but what can I say? I like limericks blushing.gif

There once was a house elf named Dobby
Who annoyed Harry P. as a hobby
One day he provoked
the green-eyed young bloke
The results were both gooey and gobby.

The house elf named Dobby went "zoom"
as he cleaned up the Gryf common room
In his haste to put right-us
Some Weasley detritus
Fred & George's latest made him go "boom"

Okay, you can quit wincing now - I'm done!

bag.gif Roxanne

Roxanne user posted image

"My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between I occupy myself as best I can"--Cary Grant
+Quote Post
Drie
post Nov 7 2003, 11:21 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (Roxanne @ Nov 7 2003, 03:12 PM)
Okay, you can quit wincing now - I'm done!

bag.gif Roxanne

Stand tall and proud! Those were very clever ways to kill off Dobby.

thumbup1.gif

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Sean
post Dec 2 2003, 06:38 AM
Post #38

Through the mirror

Member No.: 2,227

Dobby's feelings is hurt that everyone wants me dead. I'm going to work for Eowyn. She's in another series so I won't be seeing you again. Dobby notices his english has improved.
+Quote Post
Sean
post Dec 2 2003, 06:42 AM
Post #39

Through the mirror

Member No.: 2,227

Dobby's feelings is hurt that everyone wants me dead. I'm going to work for Eowyn. She's in another series so I won't be seeing you again. Dobby notices his english has improved. Dobby sets up shop in Mirkwood and is translating all the Rowling books into elvish. Making much gold. He is going to talk to JKR about making him the hero of the seventh book but dies aftyer eating toomuch food at a hobbit elvenses. bag.gif
+Quote Post
Willow
post Dec 2 2003, 05:32 PM
Post #40

smells

Member No.: 817

Dobby decided he could not let Hermione see Ron like this, all undressed and awful! wink.gif He hid up on the roof plan to jump down on hermion as she passed. Dobby noticed my coming up the corridor with Lavender they were laughing and doing impressions of a muggle programme...supperman? laugh.gif Dobby Jumped down on Hermione 'eeeeeurgh' said hermion as her hand pierced throught dobbys stomach, 'Ive got insides all over me thanks to you!'

Proud member of the Red Trio

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Willow
post Jan 6 2004, 06:58 PM
Post #41

smells

Member No.: 817

wink.gif Oi! come on people i love all the little doddy stories! post post post

Proud member of the Red Trio

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Plotter
post Jan 11 2004, 02:37 AM
Post #42

Ten Pin Bowling

Member No.: 2,453

First try. Let me know what you think!

---------

And it was yet another beautiful morning on the Hogwarts grounds. Through the little window in the kitchens, Dobby could see the gorgeous sunrise coming up over the forest's high trees. As he prepared breakfast for the students, he could not keep his eyes off this sight.

"Hurry up now, Dobby! You're going to make breakfast late again!" said another house elf.

"Yes, right away!" said Dobby, grabbing a pticher of pumkin juice in one hand and a plate of bacon in the other. As he walked, he continued to watch the sky.

My sky he thought, for something this precious cannot be shared by everyone, can it?
He saw the purple glow turn maroon, then orange, and finally yellow. What he did not see, however, was the fire place right in front of him.

:sound effect- fire crackling, Dobby screaming, and one house elf saying "Ot ho":

"Driving home in Monday rain
With a life I never thought I’d need
Thinking of the love that keeps me company
When I talk, when I move, when I breathe
And even if you’re far away
I whisper to the moon
I’ll wait it through and stay forever
And my life will start soon"
--From "Driving Home"

Moons and Stars, and Suns too.
+Quote Post
hockeygod
post Jan 11 2004, 02:44 AM
Post #43

String Theory Rocks my World!

Group: Readers
Member No.: 1,853

Very good Plotter!

I will now try my hand at this.

Dobby was walking into the Great Hall to tell Harry Potter of trouble. However, he didn't see Peeves, who hit him with a pile of sticks. At that precise moment, the doors to the Entrance Hall opened and Dobby got blown out onto the grounds. At that moment the Giant Squid stuck out a tentacle and ate Dobby, since Harry hadn't been by to give him some toast.

What do you guys think?

~ B.M.
Proud Member of the I.S.D.!!!

IPB Image hockeygod

I'm a Math Geek and it makes me happy!!!

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."~Aristotle

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."~Henry Van Dyke

"Life is wasted on the living."~Douglas Adams

"Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together."~Georg C. Lichtenberg
+Quote Post
Drie
post Jan 19 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #44

I wish I could claim this as my own!:

“Harry Potter,” Draco stated, almost certainly existing at the end of the hallway of almost certain peril.

“Draaaaaco Malfoy,” Harry pronounced.

“Haaaaarry Potter,” Draco declared.

“Draco Draco Malfoy,” Harry affirmed.

“Harry Harry Potter,” Draco proclaimed.

“Pikachu!” said a small yellow rodent. Harry blinked and then stepped on it. Millions of ten-year-olds wept bitterly.

“I will say good day to you, sir,” said Harry to Draco in a thoroughly condescending manner. He huffily turned his back on him.

Now, Draco was not one to take thoroughly condescending manners lightly, and so he narrowed his eyes and pulled out his wand. And that is when the fecal matter hit the oscillating device for circulating air.

“Myhairisprettierthanyoursum!” Draco screamed, pointing his wand at Harry. Luckily, Harry’s Matrix moves had improved greatly since the last story, and he quickly went into bullet time to avoid the spell. The wayward spell promptly hit Dobby the house elf, who just so happened to be there, instead. Luckily, Dobby was a CGI character and easily replaced by the good special effects people at Warner Bros.

“You fool!” cried the highly suspicious Mad-Eye Moody, who had just burst onto the scene. “He may be easily replaced, but those CGI effects cost good money! And now, to illustrate that I’m not actually the son of a respected member of the Ministry who went bad many years ago and fell into the service of Lord Voldemort then was convicted of crimes against humanity and sent to prison only to be switched with my dying mother so that I could live in the care of my father’s house elf under the Imperius curse for the rest of my days but now have escaped the clutches of my father and have captured the real Mad-Eye Moody so that I may use his hair as an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion to impersonate him for a whole year just so that I can get Harry to touch the Triwizard Cup which I will turn into a Portkey which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense but who the hell am I to argue with plot device, I will take Harry’s side. Blueberrylicious!” he cried, pointing his wand at Malfoy.

Draco turned into a giant blueberry.

This comes from SilverPhoenix25's newest parody (book 4) The Omlette of Desire, which you can read here.

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Jan 28 2004, 04:09 PM
Post #45

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Classic!

I saw this bit of artwork by Red Scharlach and it made me think instantly of this thread!

I laughed out loud.

Imogen tongue.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:49 AM