Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
> Jkr Interview, Will she kill Harry?
Will JKR Do It?
Will JKR kill Harry at the end of Book 7?
Yes, giving an end to fandom and breaking the hearts of fan girls and boys of all ages everywhere *sob!* [ 4 ] ** [25.00%]
No, this is just hype to get us all speculating about Book 7 [ 6 ] ** [37.50%]
Undecided -- There's a 50/50 chance so I'll wait to read the book and find out myself. [ 6 ] ** [37.50%]
Who do you think will be amongst the two killed?
Ron [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
Hermione [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
Ginny [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
Snape [ 4 ] ** [25.00%]
Lupin [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Tonks [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Bill [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Charlie [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Percey [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Fred [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
George [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Hagrid [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Arthur Weasley [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
Molly Weasley [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other Hogwarts Professor [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other minor character [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 
Drie
post Jun 27 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #1

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

From Cristin:
Speaking of what's new in the world of Happy Potter - did anyone hear the news about what J.K. Rowling has revealed about book 7? If you have, who do you think it will be?

It isn't exactly new information...

JKR said in an interview yesterday that two characters will definitely die in book 7, with the possibility of Harry's demise. Now, as many of us in fandom know, JKR has hinted that she'd do in Harry since probably about PoA, or even sooner. You can read the details here.

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Willow
post Jun 27 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #2

smells

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 817

I don't think that we'll see Harry's demise.

If im not mistaken in an interview on TV Judy asked whether she'd ever go back to HP, and she said *jokingly* 'Well maybe - Harry Potter's midlife crisis! *laughs*'

So....maybe she actually hints there that he's not going to die.

But i don't know! Although Harry is copyrighted, a lot of Authors want to kill the main character, simply so no-one can ever steal the character..... blink.gif

Proud member of the Red Trio

IPB Image

+Quote Post
LizWeasley221
post Jun 27 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Secretly wishing she was a Weasley

Group: Betas
Member No.: 394

QUOTE(Willow @ Jun 27 2006, 06:00 PM) *

But i don't know! Although Harry is copyrighted, a lot of Authors want to kill the main character, simply so no-one can ever steal the character..... blink.gif

I don't blame them - it is HER character. No one else should be writing about Harry and making money off of it.

As for him dying, yes I think so. Although I voted for yes, and it still shows up that i voted for 50/50.
+Quote Post
QuickHare
post Jun 27 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,603

I believe Harry will survive longer than we think. We've been following his progress for 7yrs, so we're really into his life. To kill him would have an adverse reaction in the reading community.

As for the other killing, I'm thinking Ginny. Simply because Who-Know-Who is more likely to aim for her thinking Harry will turn to a darer side to magic, a la Star Wars. It's a powerful emotion to play with, and one only few authors can do without making it lok cheesy.

QuickHare

"To err is human. To completely screw up requires a computer."

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." [Lao-tzu]

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
+Quote Post
Windsong
post Jun 27 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #5

Ten Pin Bowling

Group: Readers
Member No.: 4,696

I don't really think JK will kill off Harry, but it is a distinct possibility....

Sadly, I do think there is a high possibility that Ginny might be killed off - after all, the Weasley family have had a bit of a charmed life so far - often because Harry was on hand to save the day. He has broken up with Ginny to protect her. Big, big mistake!

'Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'

'Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for it makes them soggy, and hard to light'
+Quote Post
Drie
post Jun 27 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #6

I know a lot of people are fearing Ron's death. I must admit, that's where my brain first jumped, but as someone else at another site pointed out to me, to kill Ron after finally getting Ron and Hermione to notice each other in "that way" would just be too cruel. There have been a lot of hints that Ron will die though...

Wah!

At least I was ready for Dumbledore.

I believe that it will be Snape to die in some act of saving Harry/Ron/Hermione/Ginny. Some kind of redemption?

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Cristin
post Jun 28 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #7

You talkin' to me?

Member No.: 3,626

When I first read the article and forwarded it on to Drie, my first thought was Ron and Snape. Don't ask me why I think this way - just a hunch...

I hope I'm wrong about Ron!

I do not regret the things I have done, but those I did not do.

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they choose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy-

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it."
-Edith Wharton-
+Quote Post
Willow
post Jun 28 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #8

smells

I can't deal with all you people saying Ginny may possibly die.
crybaby.gif It would ruin the whole, HP happily ever after.

Unless both Harry and Ginny die. But that would be just as bad.

If two people are going to die in book 7, well. Voldemort has to die. And then Snape can go as well.
Joyous world for all, and i don't have to cry. drie2.gif

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Drie
post Jun 28 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #9

Duh! How could I not consider Voldemort? Can't believe I left him off of the poll!

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Willow
post Jun 28 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #10

smells

Easy to miss him off the post, he's such an obvious choice that no-one would think.

When JKR talks about killing people off.....he never even comes to mind. I wonder if she means for him to be included or not, i wouldn't be surprised JKR is very sneaky in her hints to a plot/or possible death. icon_book2.gif

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Cristin
post Jun 28 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #11

You talkin' to me?

Member No.: 3,626

OMG! I didn't even think about Voldemort either! Although, that would be too perfect...hmmm....

I do not regret the things I have done, but those I did not do.

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they choose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy-

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it."
-Edith Wharton-
+Quote Post
Willow
post Jun 28 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #12

smells

Yes but, hes GOT to die its the last book, and unless JKR wants to make a big twist and have Harry and....?? die, and then let Voldemort reign over the world as we know it.......

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Imogen
post Jun 28 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #13

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

See, the thing about the prophecy is that it could equally work with both of them dying - or both of them surviving if the conflict is to continue. There may well not be a resolution - I mean, who can get rid of evil?

Snape seems to have had it in the surviving stakes. I still think he's going to die protecting Harry to pay back his (unwilling) debt to James, although I'm secretly hoping that he's the one JKR's reprieved!

Ginny's definitely at risk because her loss would probably have more impact on Harry than anything else. I'm sure that once upon a time JKR said that she wasn't planning on killing off Ron or Hermione, but I could be hallucinating, because I've no clue where she might have said that. I do think they'll make it through to the end ok.

Harry - well, I can see the point in him dying. Heck, I've written him dying. It wouldn't surprise me if she did, although the bottom line is that it is a kids book series, and you can't really kill off the hero, especially not when it's from his pov.

Hagrid is a strong possibility, but then so is Peter Pettigrew...

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
+Quote Post
Yoda
post Jun 28 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #14

I'm co-ordinating internationally!... help!

Member No.: 50

QUOTE(Imogen @ Jun 28 2006, 06:55 PM) *

See, the thing about the prophecy is that it could equally work with both of them dying - or both of them surviving if the conflict is to continue. There may well not be a resolution - I mean, who can get rid of evil?

I completely agree with Imogen's last sentence there, this is why I think Voldemort will be "destroyed" rather than he will be killed. After all, he technically died already (he's definitely soulless to many extents). I reckon Snape has to bite the bullet, possibly at the hands of Malfoy Sr. while, get this, protecting Malfoy Jr., because I reckon that little feller's in over his head.

Ginny can't die for the reason that even Voldemort must fear her Bat Bogeys, common sense. For a similar reason, Gred & Forge will make it because the funny ones always do (exception to rule: Sean of the Dead, where the entire cast is largely comedians and what else do you expect, grr, zombies!).

The trio... well, one of them will definitely go, I think that's pretty much guaranteed, because look who went in the last book.

Now all we need is the book *politely passes a shove(l) to JKR*

Elyoda on the NaNoWriMo website

IPB Image
+Quote Post
jen
post Jul 3 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #15

Puzzling things out

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

I really, really want Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione all to live and live happily ever after. I want them to have happy endings, dangnammit!

Imogen, I swear I remember JKR saying that she wouldn't kill off Ron. I don't think she ever said about Hermione, but I do recall her saying that she wouldn't do that to Harry (kill his best mate, that is).

As for the two characters dying... Well, it would probably be *more* than two, wouldn't it? It's a war, after all. What I got from the interview was that two extra characters that weren't originally supposed to die get the chop, and one character who was supposed to die gets to live.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:20 PM