Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
> Hello!, Are there introduction forums here?
jen
post Jun 24 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #1

Puzzling things out

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

I didn't see any introduction forums or posts here, so I'm sorry if I've missed it!

Anyway, wow! I didn't know this place still existed--I remember searching for Elenarda and not finding it and thinking it had just disappeared. And tonight, I checked SQ's updated fics list, and saw Imogen had an update, and saw the link to here... I checked the member list and looked for a "jen loves ron" (my username on SQ and GT, back in the day), and didn't find one, but then saw a "jen", read her posts, and they sounded awfully familiar... So tried a password and it worked, so I guess that was me smile.gif Rereading those old posts I made, it would seem that I haven't actually been around in a couple of years... *hangs head*

I'm very excited to see that there are new stories in the Carpe Diem universe! I still remember the good old days of fangirling A&O smile.gif

So, after that rather long-winded intro, hello! It's cool to see familiar names (though I doubt my name would be that familiar, since I mostly lurked at Elenarda, and wasn't even that active in GT towards the end).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Windsong
post Jun 24 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #2

Ten Pin Bowling

Group: Readers
Member No.: 4,696

Hello, and welcome back!

I'm still a bit of a newby here, but I must say the natives seem remarkably friendly....... biggrin.gif

'Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'

'Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for it makes them soggy, and hard to light'
+Quote Post
jen
post Jun 25 2006, 03:23 AM
Post #3

Puzzling things out

*gigglesnort* I love the first quote in your signature. Thanks for the welcome! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Jun 26 2006, 05:40 AM
Post #4

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Hi Jen,

Long time no see, and congrats on the detective work in tracking us down! This place is here to stay; the advantage of moving the domain name is that it now doesn't cost me a penny to keep this site online!

There's almost a whole new story for you - A Pensieve Affair - I've only got 2 chapters and an epilogue left to post there, and it should all be up by the beginning of August. It's a Hope fic and kind of fun. Once I've got that done, I'm back to finishing off the last 5 chapters of 'Home', then I'm on a temporary hiatus and it's over to everone else's excellent plot bunnies.

Hope everything's ok with you

Imogen sorcerer.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
+Quote Post
Drie
post Jun 26 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #5

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

Welcome back! You've got to read Imogen's newest story...fantastic doesn't even begin to describe it.

Glad to have you with us!

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Willow
post Jun 26 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #6

smells

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 817

I'm not sure that i remember this jen, but i wasn't much of a poster in the GT/SQ thing i was more of a lurker and fic reader! smile.gif

Welcome back anyhow!

I still call this place Elenarda....im actually gutted that its not called Elenarda. But still, the people are great, the discussion is amusing. So, s'all good! smile.gifsmile.gif

Jen drie2.gif

Proud member of the Red Trio

IPB Image

+Quote Post
QuickHare
post Jun 27 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #7

It's a Small World After All
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,603

I tend to still call this place Elenarda. It's the same thing with a different logo and same people. Plus it rolls of the tongue. So, welcome back to Elenarda! tongue.gif

QuickHare

"To err is human. To completely screw up requires a computer."

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." [Lao-tzu]

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
+Quote Post
jen
post Jul 3 2006, 03:03 AM
Post #8

Puzzling things out

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I've been trying to reply on these forums for days, but it's been taking forever and a day to load the box where you type in the reply. Works today, though, huzzah.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:15 PM