Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

> Attacks on London, Our thoughts and prayers...
hershey
post Jul 7 2005, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Colin and bubbles...imagine the possibilities.

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,821

To all my Elenarda friends in England, all words seem somehow lacking, but my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your countrymen. Here in the US we know all too well how such ruthless actions touch the lives of all whether or not you are directly connected to someone involved. My heart goes out to any who know someone lost or injured. I will keep you (as always) and the people of your country in my prayers. hug.gif

With deepest regard,
~H~

AKA Molly Weasley minus 3 boys

"I used to be a real wild child, but now I am a Volvo driving soccer mom" - Everclear

(actually I'm more a SUV driving sport of the season mom, but whose checking)

Proud Member of the Red Trio

And say my glory was I had such friends. - William Butler Yeats
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Drie
post Jul 12 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #2

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

Hi Jenni,

I pulled this off of MSNBC, so it's got U.S. slant to it, but it may help. If anyone else has better sources, please feel free to post!

Moreover, two U.S. counterterrorism officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, told NBC News that the British also believe the bus bomber was planning to detonate his bomb at King's Cross station after the subway bombings in hopes of killing first responders and people fleeing the station.

Clarke said that one of the four men under suspicion "very likely" died in one bombing, and that one person had been arrested in raids earlier Tuesday in Leeds, a city 185 miles north of London.

Focus on Leeds
He added that at least three of the four men were from West Yorkshire, the county where Leeds is located.

Police and Army troops were led to six properties in Leeds after identifying a suspected bomber who died in the bus bombing, sources told the Press Association, a British news service. Scotland Yard refused to confirm the claims.

Earlier reports had quoted a witness on the bus who said he saw an “agitated” olive-skinned man rummaging in a backpack moments before the explosion.

The Leeds homes were searched and found to be unoccupied.

Several neighbors told NBC News that the area had been home to several young Pakistani men who had not been seen since before the bombings Thursday. The father of one man has been interviewed by police, NBC reported.

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 08:18 PM