Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attacks on London
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
hershey
To all my Elenarda friends in England, all words seem somehow lacking, but my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your countrymen. Here in the US we know all too well how such ruthless actions touch the lives of all whether or not you are directly connected to someone involved. My heart goes out to any who know someone lost or injured. I will keep you (as always) and the people of your country in my prayers. hug.gif

With deepest regard,
~H~
Drie
Hershey, I don't think I could put it any better than you did. I echo those sentiments and wish that there was more that I could do.
Yoda
I'm happy to say that all my family in London are safe, including those close to the blasts. The only injury is on my cousin's feet, he's having to walk about 20 miles in total today to get to and from work.

My thoughts and prayers go to all who have lost someone in this tragedy.

yoda
QuickHare
Yet again, those who feel they can change the world with violence have struck out again. It's not big, it's not clever, and it certainly doesn't want anyone to be on their side. What we have seen, read or witnessed today in London has been a set back for intelligence among the pathetic minority who think they alone can rule the world.

No-one rules through striking fear into their subjects. No-one even attempts to cause misery and hope eveyone will run happily to their cause. No-one would be stupid enough to contemplate ruling in a world where even the rulers' safety were at stake.

Yet, in these trying times, they strike again. Hoping to make a difference.

Well, they have.

They have made people stronger, united against such tragic scenarios. They have made people more aware of those around them. They have refuelled the battle to stamp out these types of people who spoil things for all else.

They have shown us that they are envious of the peace elsewhere in the world, and like children, they take the attitude of no-one being allowed happiness if they themselves cannot have it.

They are terrorists, and such people thrive on causing mayhem and terror in everyday lives. Our best stance is to carry on as normal and show them that they are wasting their time.

But my heart still goes out to those who have friends or relatives caught in the blasts. I hope we can return to normal soon. I hope those responsible are caught and tried.

Matt
Jerry
I'd like to add my deepest prayers and thoughts, as well - to anyone who has suffered or lost a loved one as a result of this despicable act. Hopefully, the ones accountable for this heinous crime against humanity will be dealt with. And that goes for all terrorists.
Cristin
I know that this tragic time is on the minds of everyone. I just wanted to share my condolences as well as my thoughts and prayers to everyone, whether they were affected directly or not. I just wish there was more that I could do...

Thanks for letting me share.
Willow
Theres a news flash....saying theyve located the people to West Yorkshire, and theyve raided houses (raided? i dont know, cause i cant find a tv) in Leeds and one in Dewsbury.
Can anyone confirm this for me?

Jen

(uhm..i live in Dewsbury, next to Leeds aswell.)
Drie
Hi Jenni,

I pulled this off of MSNBC, so it's got U.S. slant to it, but it may help. If anyone else has better sources, please feel free to post!

Moreover, two U.S. counterterrorism officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, told NBC News that the British also believe the bus bomber was planning to detonate his bomb at King's Cross station after the subway bombings in hopes of killing first responders and people fleeing the station.

Clarke said that one of the four men under suspicion "very likely" died in one bombing, and that one person had been arrested in raids earlier Tuesday in Leeds, a city 185 miles north of London.

Focus on Leeds
He added that at least three of the four men were from West Yorkshire, the county where Leeds is located.

Police and Army troops were led to six properties in Leeds after identifying a suspected bomber who died in the bus bombing, sources told the Press Association, a British news service. Scotland Yard refused to confirm the claims.

Earlier reports had quoted a witness on the bus who said he saw an “agitated” olive-skinned man rummaging in a backpack moments before the explosion.

The Leeds homes were searched and found to be unoccupied.

Several neighbors told NBC News that the area had been home to several young Pakistani men who had not been seen since before the bombings Thursday. The father of one man has been interviewed by police, NBC reported.
Willow
Ugh! This is too close to me for me to be relaxed.... ermm.gif
Drie
hug.gif

They got them Jenni dear.
Willow
Sure. I guess. hug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.