Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Mists of Avalon
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
remembercedric
I highly recommed this book by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It is an account of King Arthur's reign, told from the perspective of his wife Gwenhwyfar (Guinevere), sister Morgaine, aunt Morgause, mother Ingraine and grandmother Vivian. Fantastic! The book starts with the story of Viviane fostering Ingraine and marrying her to Gorlois, the duke of Cornwall, then to Uther Pendragon (you might recognize some of these characters from Irina's Pendragon trilogy), by whom Gwydion is born (he later becomes Arthur). Later on there is Avalon, war, marriage, births, miscarriages, and broken promises. The book is one of the most fascinating I have ever read, I hope you enjoy it too!

remembercedric
Julephenia
I've read this book - it's great!

It's different from the legends I've read, though my knowledge of Arthurian legends is sketchy at best.

I really liked her Morgaine, but I felt her Gwenevere was a bit dim - I like a fiesty Gwen!

Really, it is a great book - it balances between the two sides fairly well, though Morgain is really the one you root for.

Becky, still sick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.