Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question The Characters
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Imogen
I've closed the other thread on this topic because there were some funky technical errors in there!

The plan for this thread is that you can ask Hope or Harry or Ginny or Matthew or Julius Flint or whoever questions about what's going on, or what they think about something in the fics and they'll answer you.

I won't give away any spoilers but the characters will answer pretty much anything from the 'Carpe Diem' universe!

Have fun!

Imogen 061.gif
Windsong
Ooh ooh, me Miss!

Why has ND Hope not stopped to consider where her uncanny ability to find her way around Hogwarts comes from?

whistling.gif
Hope_Potter
It's not that weird when you think about it. I was born at Hogwarts, so I've always had a fascination with the place. There are loads of books about it, not just 'Hogwarts, A History' and some maps too. Before I went there, I must have spent hours reading about it, or hering stories about it. I did know the place well.

It started being a bit odd when I could 'see' what the castle used to look like. I couldn't understand why that might be, unless it was just my sensitivity to the magic of the place... but you can hardly go up to someone and say you're seeing things, can you? They'd think you were going mad.

Besides, it was pretty handy to be able to find all sorts of nooks that no one else knew about... especially higher up the school. It wasn't a completely useless talent wink.gif
Tante
Hope,

This has been bothering me. You grew up in a household where love and affection were freely and sincerely given. Yet you seem to have this scepticism about the existence of love. Why this difficulty with the concept? I don't understand how something modeled so well for you and to you (your parents obviously love you and each other dearly) could have failed to make it into your personality.

Enlighten me. I'm here to listen.
Hope_Potter
Well, there's different types of love, aren't there? Of course I love my grandparents, my parents, sister and all of my uncles, aunts and cousins. It's a bit hard not to be swamped by it all in my family really. There's always someone around, and I do love them all to bits, even when they drive me mad. And believe me, living above the joke shop isn't always the best place to be for my sanity!

My friends are excellent and I love them all to bits. We've been through so much. Robert, I've known my whole life, and Cora and Matthew have been there every step of the way since I was eleven. I'm lucky to have them, especially given some of the stupid stuff I've got up to over the years.

I suppose it's the whole romantic love thing that does my head in. It does exist, I know it does... Cora's so certain of Robert, Mum and Dad... it's obviously there. B loody nauseating from the outside though! I don't know. Maybe it's not for me at all. Flint and I didn't work out back at school, and the whole relationship was squabble then sex, squabble then sex... I can't see the point. One day I just realised it wasn't worth it any more - there's more to life than that. It wasn't as if I needed him. It didn't stop him hurting me, though. Stupid as it sounds, it took a while to get over Flint. Not bad going for a relationship that was just sex!

I suppose I'm just not cut out for all this. I'm too difficult, too set in my ways, too independent, too .... something. I don't want some bloke running my life and telling me what to do. Yes, love exists. I see proof of it all the time. I just don't think it exists for me, and the frogs aren't worth it, neither is the heartache.
bart
I've got a question for Julius Flint.

I just wondered if you could offer us some insight as to what is it about Hope that continues to make her such a good friend.
Leela Patil
This is to Matthew Belford of A PensieveAffair (Happy Birthday, Matthew! Hope you have lots of fun!):

1. When did you start warming up to the idea of becoming a Healer? What do you love most about it?
2. How were the first few weeks of Hogwarts for you, technically speaking? (Okay, that applies to ND Matthew too..but yeah).
3. Are you aware that you're name means "Gift of God"? wink.gif (and is Hope, too? <hopeful nudge>)
4. Could you tell me even a teensy weensy bit about the Ministry's Synchronized Scrabble Teams (y'know...the ones you saw at the Ministry Christmas Party...)

One to Cora: When did you start matchmaking for Hope and Matt? You and Robert are doing mighty fine, even if it does go botched up sometimes?

To Professor Mcgonnagal: Do you still have the biker's leather with you somwhere, or did it ...disappear?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.