Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Little Survey
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > Procrastination Station
Drie
Hey everyone! Am stealing this from an American Express magazine ad. I thought it might be fun to have everyone fill in the blanks with his or her own answers. Copy and paste the following into your reply:

My name:

childhood ambition:

fondest memory:

soundtrack:

retreat:

wildest dream:

proudest moment:

biggest challenge:

alarm clock:

perfect day:

first job:

indulgence:

last purchase:

favorite movie:

inspiration:

My life:

So I should probably do my own then! *giggle*

My name: I'll stick with my online name of Drie

childhood ambition: To be famous. For what, I've no idea.

fondest memory: Right now, camping in Mexico at any age. But that may change with an arrival tomorrow.

soundtrack: Soundtrack of my life? The Beatles' Sgt. Peppers album.

retreat: San Felipe, Mexico, or my bedroom at home.

wildest dream: Heh. This could get interesting... laugh.gif Actually, to be a famous writer.

proudest moment: Winning the History Day competition and placing first in all of Los Angeles County.

biggest challenge: Will power

alarm clock: Kevin and Bean of KROQ radio. I have to be out of bed and walking by the time they start their morning show at 5:30 a.m.

perfect day: Snuggled up with a good book or movie at home.

first job: Ugh. Customer service representative for Blockbuster Video.

indulgence: Chocolate! And bubble baths.

last purchase: Milk and chili powder for Christmas Eve's dinner.

favorite movie: Can't pick just one, but The Godfather, The Princess Bride and Shakespeare in Love all rank pretty high.

inspiration: Wonderful writers. I could get lost in fiction for hours.

My life: Is still playing out in front of me. I'll figure it out one day. icon_book2.gif
Jerry
My name: Jerry

childhood ambition: To play first violinist in the New York Philarmonic.

fondest memory: When I became an uncle for the first time.

soundtrack: Hard. Very hard. I'm gonna have to say the album 'Fallen' by Evanescence or the single 'Ever Dream' by Nightwish.

retreat: Niagara Falls, if it's on a vacation. Day-to-day, probably the library... bag.gif

wildest dream: To discover a new element in Chemistry.

proudest moment: Probably the day I was able to overcome the complexity of and play the notorious 24 Caprices.

biggest challenge: Intrapersonal understanding.

alarm clock: My cellphone's alarm, or none at all.

perfect day: Sitting and listening nonstop to classical piano sonatas, preferably Beethoven's.

first job: aah, the joy of working at a... shoestore teehee.gif

indulgence: BOOKS! biggrin.gif

last purchase: A ScanDisk memory disk.

favorite movie: Again, very hard. Probably Amadeus.

inspiration: My friends, nature, Albert Einstein.

My life: Interesting. wink.gif When I'll be able to give a more precise definition I'll get back to you.
My name: Ingrid

childhood ambition: To be the elephant keeper at Melbourne Zoo

fondest memory: When I got Biscuit, my second dog.

soundtrack: Right now it would be 'The Sound of White' by Missy Higgins

retreat: The local bushland, where no one else but me and my dogs know their way around.

wildest dream: To sing.

proudest moment: Whenever I get to perform. (singing + acting)

biggest challenge: Living in South Dakota for a year.

alarm clock: My body wakes up when I tell it to, so I don't need an alarm.

perfect day: Any day between christmas and new years, my favorite week of the entire year.

first job: In a bakery

indulgence: Chocolate and books and cd's

last purchase: Lunch at subway yesterday.

favorite movie: I don't have a favorite, but A walk to Remember, Dragonheart, LotR, Fierce Creatures, The Notebook, Rocky Horror Picture Show and the Fifth Element are just a few of my favorites.

inspiration: The people around me and the conversations I have with them.

My life: Wild, Full of animals, Includes plenty of books, Clean, Unorganised, Lots of Parties, Fun, Musical, Clean Air, and with lots of crazy bags.
Billywig2
Ack. iconup.GIF ish me
hershey
My name: Hershey

childhood ambition: To be a doctor.

fondest memory: Meeting my husband.

soundtrack: Phatom of the Opera

retreat: Realistically the whirlpool tub; in fantasy - some mountain or beachside resort with four star service.

wildest dream: To see the world

proudest moment: For myself, receiving my Physical Therapy degree; more recent would be watching my eldest perform as part of a select vocal ensemble.

biggest challenge: Raising four children

alarm clock: The clock radio or one of my brood

perfect day: Lie in, white chocolate mocha in bed before rising, spa activities for most of the day, movie, gourmet dinner followed by dancing and carousing with friends.

first job: Hostess at Denny's

indulgence: Latest, Burgandy Ugg slippers; occasionally - whipped cream on my morning coffee

last purchase: Some unmentionnables from VSC

favorite movie: This is tough ... Pride and Prejudice (BBC and new) and both BJD films

inspiration: Jesus Christ

My life: Currently not my own but decidedly happy, chaotic, maddening and joyful all at the same time.
Cristin
My name: Cristin

childhood ambition: to be an actress or model

fondest memory: as a child, knowing the most words that started with the letter "v" in kindergarten - as an adult, when I married my soul mate!

soundtrack: any song playing that currently fits the mood I am experiencing at that moment (right now, it's the Jayhawks "Songs for a Rainy Day")

retreat: into the arms of my husband

wildest dream: to have a bit part in any of the "Star Wars" movies (too late) or to truly have magical powers to be used to help others (will keep on dreaming)

proudest moment: when I received a scholarship that paid for half of my college tuition - it was a challenge from my father to find a way to pay for half my tuition if I wanted to go to the college of my choice, and I did it through singing

biggest challenge: right now...going to sleep. in life...figuring out a way to start and raise a family with my husband as a stay-at-home mom instead of both of us working full time as well as how to buy a house with prices as high as they are!

alarm clock: my husband when he leaves for work at 5:15 a.m. if that doesn't work, my dog Daisy licks my nose

perfect day: spending the day with my husband out in the desert with our four-wheel-drive vehicles and the serenity that comes from being nowhere near a city

first job: do you count babysitting? no? how about "courtesy clerk" (aka grocery bagger) at Alpha-Beta

indulgence: sour cream. lots of sour cream on a baked potato

last purchase: with cash - parking at Universal City Walk. with credit card - 3 pairs of pants

favorite movie: Empire Records, all Star Wars, Wizard of Oz, all Harry Potter (I could go on, but I don't want to bore you...)

inspiration: my parents - I hope I can raise my child(ren) as well as they did raising my sister and I

My life: as open, as vast, and as ever-changing as I want it to be
hockeygod
My name: Hockeygod

childhood ambition: Pig Farmer

fondest memory: Staying over at my grandparent's house...something I still do

soundtrack: The Phantom of the Opera

retreat: MTU

wildest dream: That I was in bed and had to escape some snakes and they climbed up the bunkbed and then I woke up

proudest moment: Graduating with High Honors

biggest challenge: College

alarm clock: 8:55...10 minutes before class

perfect day: Spending all day with my girlfriend, just hanging out

first job: McDonald's

indulgence: Butterfingers

last purchase: Switchfoot's Nothing is Sound and a John Mayer CD

favorite movie: Dodgeball or Wedding Crashers or Maverick

inspiration: My parents, not screwing like they did

My life:Whatever I make of it, the sky is the limit and the moon is where I am going.
QuickHare
My name: QuickHare

childhood ambition: To do well in life and get a good job

fondest memory: My trip to the States

soundtrack: Any fitting musical piece will do

retreat: Somewhere I can be alone with my thoughts and a good book, or my laptop

wildest dream: To win the Lottery and move out instantly and set several people up for life

proudest moment: Walking across that university stage to collect my degree

biggest challenge: Crossing 6,000 miles in the quickest, cheapest way

alarm clock: My watch and internal body clock

perfect day: Spent a few already, but anything relaxed, peaceful and fulfilling

first job: Paperboy

indulgence: White chocolate and Turkish Delight

last purchase: Last biggest: Plane tickets. Last physical: Food

favorite movie: The Truman Show

inspiration: Nature

My life: Takes it's own course, but is persuaded by my own actions.
Yoda
My name: Dave/yoda

childhood ambition: become a jedi, like my father be... ahem, be in a Star Wars film.

fondest memory: anything involving the cats

soundtrack: various artists *snigger*

retreat: my imagination + paper & pencil/typewriter or some form of electric writing gizmo

wildest dream: sell my book for millions, get my parents to retire, then keep going back to work

proudest moment: finding out my little sister had graduated

biggest challenge [in the past]: c. 60 weeks of the wrong degree subject, yeesh!

biggest challenge [in the future]: The Three Peaks challenge (Ben Nevis, Snowdon & Scaffel Pike in 24 hours) this July.

alarm clock: dawn/the cat/something electronic/whatever it is that goes off under the bed/dad

perfect day: sleep, write, watch a good film/tv show, meet with my friends for a chat, badminton in the evening then computer games with me best mate to round off the day.

first job: local post office shop assistant

indulgence: coca-cola cherry

last purchase: a ticket to "Jarhead" followed by two pints & a kebab

favorite movie: um...Lord of the Star Potter: The Serenity Glory of the Bourne...

inspiration: random

My life: Is like juggling chainsaws. When you drop the first one, you know the trouble is only just beginning... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.