Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Covers!
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Yoda
Ahem, please follow links to the HBP book covers.

UK Kids

UK Adults (slight spoiler possibly)

[URL:http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/images/2005/03/scholhbpcover.jpg]US Kids[/URL]

yoda, who's working! really!
LizWeasley221
Not a fan... not a fan at all....
USMCDevilDog
What about the American one?
hershey
Not sure if this will work, but try this link for the American cover.

Half Blood Prince Cover (USA)

~H~

PS: Seems that all the cover lend to some serious speculation. detective.gif
USMCDevilDog
I like it. Thatt place on the cover, kinda looks like a ruin of Ancient Greece
Jerry
QUOTE (Yoda @ Mar 8 2005, 08:09 AM)
UK Adults (slight spoiler possibly)

Would you look at that... He's (possibly) the half-blood prince? ph34r.gif

Guess I have to echo what Hershey said - serious speculaton indeed wink.gif
Yoda
It's also speculative as to the results of those Hedwig-related things - remember what McGonagall said?
USMCDevilDog
What did Mcgonagall say. It's been a while since I read book 5
Yoda
And I quote:

'Potter,' she said in ringing tones, 'I will assist you to become an Auror if it is the last thing I do! If I have to coach you nightly, I will make sure you achieve the required results!'
USMCDevilDog
Oh. Lol *smacks myself in the forehead for forgetting*

I'm sure he'll get into all the required classes. McGonagall seems like a woman of her word.
sockless
Ok. . . so they have the covers, they have the pages. . . so can SOMEBODY please please explain to me WHY we are waiting till JULY 16TH to read it?!? I for one dont see a problem!!!
Drie
I'm with you sweetie! Bring on the books now!
hershey
Just looking over the US cover again, could that be a pensieve on that pedestal?
Hmmm.
USMCDevilDog
My point exactly. We have the pages, the covers, and the text! Why do we have to wait such a long time?
Drie
QUOTE (hershey @ Mar 10 2005, 07:06 AM)
Just looking over the US cover again, could that be a pensieve on that pedestal?
Hmmm.

That was my initial thought. Anyone have any other guesses? Potion in a caulderon?
Imogen
I thought Pensieve as well when I first saw it.

Looks like the Harry/Dumbledore relationship is going to be a lot more prominent. Has any character other than Harry ever taken central focus in the cover illustration of any of the previous books? Dumbledore is very prominent in this one. Does that mean anything?
hershey
GoF in the US version had Harry as the focus of course but the other champions were featured as well. Another interesting observation I had was the US covers for books 2-5 all feature "scenes" if you will that occur late in the books.

Hmmm. The pondering continues.

~H~
Jerry
Here's some of the stuff I'm thinking:

1) In the childrens' cover (UK), the fire seems to be coming from Dumbledore's wand more than Harry's. And it seems like he's wearing a determined expression, like wanting to protect Harry from something, while Harry seems a little cautious... maybe, afraid?

2) In the Adults' cover (UK), does the book shown - Advanced Potion-Making - mean that Harry received a O on his owl (since Snape takes only those who get an O into his Newt-class...)?
Furthermore, did anyone notice the book's author's name - Libarius Borage? I think that Borage is some sort of green herb that's sometimes used as a skin moisturizer, and have a vague thought that Libarius is someting to do with sacrifices... ermm.gif wacko.gif Also, does this mean that Voldemort's downfall and/or something pertaining to the HBP can come through/has to do with the use of a potion?

3) Lastly, regarding the US cover, has anyone noticed that the US covers for all of them foretold of the important event in the book? ( Book 1 - Harry on a broom with the snitch = Harry's discoverance of the magical world; Book 2 - The Chamber of Secrets and Fawkes; Book 3 - Buckbeak that leads to the Sirius's rescue; Book 4 - the Goblet of Fire, which, of course, was the thing that caused it all, and Book 5 - the department of mysteries.) So, I was just thinking that maybe this pensive or cauldron or whatever this is will be somehow the focus of Book 6.
The question is: what is it?

Jerry, speculating wink.gif

sockless
I dont know if any of y'all have seen the back cover of the US one yet or not so mmmm. . .look!

http://Amazon.com Harry Potter HBP back cover

So I'm thinking Ron, Hermione, and Ginny? biggrin.gif how exciting!!!!
Imogen
Oooh - Death Eaters at Hogwarts. Or near there at least.

Dare I suggest that'll be the final climax in the book?

Can't wait!

biggrin.gif
Jerry
QUOTE (sockless @ Jul 13 2005, 12:54 PM)
http://Amazon.com Harry Potter HBP back cover

So I'm thinking Ron, Hermione, and Ginny? biggrin.gif  how exciting!!!!

Two things on my mind after I saw that picture:

1) Ron + Hermione = inlove.gif (Notice how they seem joined at the side?)

2) A Weasley is dying, and it's not Ron or Ginny

Just my two cents.
Drie
The shadows behind Ron, Ginny and Hermione suggest others are seeing the dark mark as well!
Willow
Ooooooo having Ginny there is a good sign!!
QuickHare
Seeing as people have mentioned Amazon, it's their turn to muck it up again. This time, Yahoo! News mentions Wal-Mart, too, in this article.

Also, the Pope has had a pop. See here for more.
nome
Ooh, I'd never seen the UK adult cover before! The text font isn't my favourite, but I love the general idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.