Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predictions For Book 6
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Imogen
It's always fun to guess ahead about what's coming and then we can check back in July to see how close we are.

My predictions (none of them particularly rocket science):

1. Harry's going to change a lot over the course of the book and come out much stronger, with a good deal less unproductive anger at the far end.

2. At some point, Harry's going to hold Ginny's hand! I don't think we'll get a snog yet, but I'm ever hopeful.

3. Quidditch has to be back on the menu, but Slytherin will beat Gryffindor in their match. Ginny will still be on the team, but as a Chaser.

4. The death JKR has mentioned will be of a fairly minor character - like Colin Creevey. Someone we're not particularly attached to anyway.

5. The new character we've had described as like a tawny lion will be someone who influences Harry very positively. Possibly the new DADA teacher OR the new Minister for Magic. A former Gryffindor, without doubt!

6. At some point during the book, Harry is going to sneak off school grounds without permission.

7. Harry's going to take Potions for his NEWTs - along with Transfig and the other subjects he needs to be an Auror. Not all of his classes will now be with Ron. Malfoy and his cronies will also still be in Potions, as will Hermione.

8. Ron will finally get a clue about Hermione and do something about it towards the end of the book!

9. Voldemort will make no direct attacks on Harry during this book, although someone close to him will be threatened.

10. Percy will return to the Weasley fold.
Drie
11. See, I'm wondering about Percy. Am re-reading the series (again) and noticed that in Book 2 Percy is caught reading a book called "Prefects Who Gained Power" or something like that. I think JKR has been giving us clues that Percy will go towards the power...

12. Please, please, PLEASE may she kill off Dobby!

13. I think Harry will learn more about his parents and the other family he saw in the Mirror of Erised.

14. Sirius will be alive (okay, long shot and my wishful thinking, but hey, a girl can dream, right?!)

15. The new DADA Professor will make it through the end of the book and will return for Book 7.

16. The Gred and Forge will become instrumental to the fight with their "jokes."

17. We will see another side to Aunt Petunia.

Imogen, I completely agree with you and your relationship predictions. I sincerely hope we see even a little bit of action....
Jerry
18. Professor Snape will do something that will seem for Harry's misfortune, but will end up being something highly beneficial.

19. Hagrid will, unfortunately,... (I'm not even going to say it...)

20. Percy will become an active member on the dark side, blinded with the opportunity to gain power.

21. Dobby will, once again, assist Harry with something.

22. Aragog, Grawp, the Ford Anglia, and Moaning Myrtle will make an appearance.

23. Harry, Hermione, and the entire Weasley family (including Percy) will still be alive. (I think that if a Weasley will be killed, it's going to be in the last book.)

24. Harry will not come face-to-face with Voldemort, but will have countless clashes with his cronies.

25. Unlike other books, nothing terrible or shocking will happen at Halloween.

26. There will be another ball (Yule or another).

Just my two cents.
Cristin
27. It will be the longest book yet.

Okay, that's all I can come up with right now, and you probably know already if it's the longest book yet or not. I'll just go over to the corner now and hang my head. *sigh*
Sergeant Hartman
28. Bellatrix will get her comeupance for what she did to Sirius

29. The new DADA teacher will be very well liked. (Notice the patern: Death Eater, Incompetant CEEEENNNNNSOOOORREED, competant and likable teacher, Death Eater, Ron Language! said Hermione who doesn't know a thing about DADA,)
Robert
30. Percy will die.

31. Snape will be discovered to be a spy and will suffer before Harry comes to rescue him.

32. If not Percy, then Snape or McGonagall will die.

33. HArry & Ron will both get clues in time for the Ball (light snogging and much dancing around feelings)

34. The HBP will be Grawp!
Goatman
1) the half blood prince will be a new charecter
2) Ron+hermione= inlove.gif
3) percy will make up with his family but will remain slightly outcasted
4) a weasly will die
5) harry will face much more hostility from slytherins
6) harry will stay at the dursleys for most of the summer, but will be treated better
7) azkaban will fall
8) pettigrew will repay his 'debt' to harry and will die
blonde_jenius
I'm probably putting this is the wrong place but i'm very tired and i can't find anywhere else for it to go, I also don't know if anyone has come up with this before but. I have just had a sudden inspiration it may be very very silly, but. . . Harry Ron Hermione. HRH - her/his royal highness. As in a Prince. And between them they could be considered Half blood (ron is pure blood, hermione is muggleborn and harry is pure blood but Lily was muggleborn). So I think that the Half Blood Prince could refer to the trio. Maybe. What does everybody think? confused1.gif
Jerry
Very interesting. Now that I think of what you're saying, I think it's a pretty ingenius theory. smile.gif

However, I don't think that they are the HBP, but still, a very creative hypothesis fing34.gif
Drie
That is interesting. Good play on words! Oh, and I think this is a great place to speculate. After all, it could be a prediction for HBP.
blonde_jenius
I've had another idea (can you tell how much I'm avoiding thinking about my interview tomorrow!) although it is linked to the one i had last night. With GoF, what we thought the title was going to be (Harry Potter and the Doomspell Tournament) changed to something that has something to do with, but was not central to the plot (the Goblet of Fire). So I was wondering whether JKR might have done something similar with HBP. Maybe a code way of referring to the trio, in case of messages getting intercepted or something.

Hatty - who thinks she may well be talking complete rubbish and really must go do some work and some packing!
lilyglass
Hm...I think...

1. Some of the other Hogwarts students might get involved in the Order.

2. Harry will go back to being the rational person he was before book 5 (although this is really more of a prayer than a prediction...)

3. Malfoy is going to get a rude awakening to reality and it will not be a pleasant experience.

4. I have this horrible feeling that Lupin is going to die...in fact, that all the Marauders will by the end. But I desperately hope I'm wrong; I'm really attached to him.

5. Luna will be given a significant role.

QuickHare
Welcome to lilyglass, who seems to have joined us recently. I hope you settle in well. Seeing as you're new, I want to draw your attention to the Help facility found in the top-right of the page, just above the posts. If you need more help, you can send a PM (presonal message) to any other member of the forum and we're all nice as pie and will try to point you in the right direction.

Above all, have fun, and happy posting.
lilyglass
Thanks! It's nice to meet all of you. iconup2.GIF_^ biggrin.gif
nobody
ive heard from what i beleive to be a reliable source that Harry will not be getting back together with Cho. Harry + Ginny???????
sockless
We can only hope! I just wish July would hurry it's fat posterior up and get here!!!
Willow
Nobody, whats this reliable source?

Im glad Harry wont get back with Cho, she was sooo whiney ! laugh.gif
nobody
veritaserum.com

i think it's reliable
Helen
I think Flitwick is going to die.

He has been mentioned in every book so far, and JKR has said on her site, in the FAQ section that he will only be in six books.
sockless
NoOoOoooooo!!! crybaby.gif
Jerry
QUOTE (Helen @ Apr 11 2005, 01:43 PM)
I think Flitwick is going to die.

He has been mentioned in every book so far, and JKR has said on her site, in the FAQ section that he will only be in six books.

That's interesting.

I always thought that he'd die in the final book in the "last battle". I based it on Ron's saying in CoS that Flitwick "was a dueling champion" or something like that. So maybe he'd be a tremendous asset in that battle. But, according to JKR, it appears that you may be right about this one... wink.gif
Jerry
Any other last-minute predictions?

Just about five days left now to speculate... sorcerer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.