Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Half-blood Prince Finished!
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Imogen
Read an article on Yahoo quoting JKR's site where it says she has the sixth book finished. Her publishers are set to announce a release date on Tuesday!

What an EXCELLENT Christmas present!

Imogen wub.gif
Imogen
J.K. ROWLING'S HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE
TO BE PUBLISHED ON 16th JULY, 2005 IN THE UNITED KINGDOM, THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND SOUTH AFRICA

LONDON, ENGLAND: NEW YORK, NY, USA: 12 noon London, 21st December, 2004

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling, the sixth in the bestselling series, has been scheduled for publication on 16th July, 2005 in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, it was announced today by Bloomsbury and Scholastic, her British and American publishers. On her website, www.jkrowling.com, J.K. Rowling announced last night that she had completed the book and delivered the manuscript to her two English language publishers.

In making the joint announcement, Nigel Newton, Chief Executive of Bloomsbury Publishing in the United Kingdom and Barbara Marcus, President of Scholastic Children's Books in the United States, said: "We are delighted to announce the publication date. J.K. Rowling has written a brilliant story that will dazzle her fans in a marvellous book that takes the series to yet greater heights. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince delivers all the excitement and wonder of her bestselling Harry Potter novels."

In the previous book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the last chapter, titled 'The Second War Begins,' started:

'In a brief statement on Friday night, Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge confirmed that He Who Must Not Be Named has returned to this country and is once more active.

"It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord — well, you know who I mean — is alive and among us again," said Fudge.'

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince takes up the story of Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at this point as Voldemort’s power and followers are increasing day by day, in the midst of this battle of good and evil.

The author has already said that the Half-Blood Prince is neither Harry nor Voldemort. Intriguingly, the opening chapter of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been brewing in J.K. Rowling's mind for 13 years.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling's fifth Harry Potter book, was released on 21st June, 2003, and was the fastest-selling book in history on the first weekend of its publication. All five Harry Potter books, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, as well as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, have all been Number One bestsellers in the United Kingdom, the United States and around the world.

Bloomsbury will be publishing their standard children's hardback edition (ISBN 0747581088) and in addition an adult hardback edition (ISBN 074758110X), (the same text but with a different jacket) at the same time and both editions have a Recommended Retail Price of £16.99.

Sale of the book in all time zones preceding the United Kingdom is embargoed until 00:01 am BST (British Summer Time) on Saturday 16th July, 2005.

For further information please contact:
Lucy Holden — 020 7494 6055 or lucy_holden@bloomsbury.com
Katie Bond — 020 7494 6012 or katie_bond@bloomsbury.com

Financial Journalists please contact:
Charlie Palmer at Financial Dynamics
Tel: 020 7269 7180 or charlie.palmer@fd.com

Drie
And the villagers rejoice!

Yipppppeeeeeeeeeee! jump.gif

Is it July yet?
Yoda
I believe a celebration is in order:

happybday.gif

I'm not sure why I picked a birthday celebration, I just did. WheeeeeeEEEEEEeeeee!

yoda, Bill Bailey: 'For you are the bearded one, and we must all sing in celebration - aaa-Aaaaaaah!'
hershey
Let the countdown begin!!! 206 days to go!!

fing05.gif fing05.gif fing05.gif fing05.gif fing05.gif fing05.gif
QuickHare
QUOTE (Drie)
Is it July yet?

If it is, then I've missed my birthday...!

But I'm so happy for the new release. Though I hope the spin-off console game is better than the previous ones!
Jerry
Excellent!

That's really something to look forward to jump.gif
Goatman
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif
Willow
They cant tell me, and then rip it away from me and says its over 200 days to go !!

Well at least its done... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

EXCITED !!!
sockless
187 DAYS TO GO!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! Is anyone as excited as I am?! HOLY COW! *happy dance* jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif
Sergeant Hartman
It's too Ron Language! said Hermioneing long to wait. I need more canon!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHH
hockeygod
I have to pre-order so I can go to Harry Potter parties. I am going to be at the book-store the night before so I can get my hands on it asap. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!
sockless
LOL!!! I did that too! With OotP I was at Barns ans Noble till Midnight then I was done with the first chapter by the time I got home! LOL!!! laugh.gif

174 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!! fing05.gif fing05.gif fing05.gif fing05.gif
QuickHare
Those readers out there who ordered their HP:HBP from Amazon may have had an email to say their copies may not be delivered and to go elsewhere. Fear not, the copies are on their way...

Visit Yahoo! News to find out more. Even if you haven't brought the book from Amazon, it's fun to see them try and use HP terms in normal English.

While I'm here, who added the line:
"Headlining Monday and Fridays and the occasional weekend!"
to my signature?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.