Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nano Frustrations
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion > The Writers' Well
Imogen
I thought this thread might be handy for when we hit of ablock of whatever kind during NaNo.

My current pet peeve is that all 30 of my Year 11 class have handed in a draft of their coursework and I have to mark and annotate the lot of it to raise their marks. All (hopefully) by tomorrow morning!

What's my chances of doing ANYTHING tonight? Doesn't look good. I keep telling myself if I can manage 500 words, I'm still on track, but it's driving me mad. I want to write and I can't.

ARGGGGGGHHHHHH!

wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif
QuickHare
Would it be wise for someone else to help out in these situations?

How about if you set aside time on the weekend to catch up on all you miss out on during the week? To stay on target, you need to write 1,666.67 words per day on average. So if you miss out one day, you need to write more later on. If you miss one day, you can write about 2,000 words each day instead for five days to catch up.
Yoda
Advice from the mathematician! Attack! Maim! biggrin.gif

I find myself being distracted by the shiny new Robert Rodriguez 'Mariachi' trilogy that's about a foot away on my desk. Time for 'Once Upon A Time In Mexico' methinks...

I also keep forgetting my plot, which is a nuisance. But there you go :wacko

Yoda, be cool.gif, exude thumbup1.gif
Helen
I am getting distracted by everything else but work. Lol. I am already about 400 down but now just over 2000. Some cheating will come in here.
bart
Well a late night at work tomorrow, and a birthday/bonfire party on friday, means that little or no writing will get done before the weekend sad.gif

But the good news is I'm off work all of next week and I fully intend to use some of it to catch back up.

Bart
Yoda
Not to forget the ultimate distraction that was 'Touching the Void' followed by 'Memento' tonight - sheer torture for writing - 1078 new words though! I thoroughly recommend a good film break for fuelling the enthusiasm.

yoda, need schla18.gif
mbwun5
The presidential election killed me. I didnt get a single word written on Tuesday. Then, of course, there are classes. Why can't all November classes just be cancelled, don't my professors know I have more important things to do this month?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.