Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Want A Gmail Account?
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Imogen
I've got some up for grabs - I need a name and an email address and I'll send you an invite if you want one.

Imogen smile.gif
bart
And when Imogen runs out....

I have 6 to give away!
Goatman
what's gmail???? confused1.gif confused1.gif

i hope im not just ignorant blushing.gif blushing.gif
bart
take a look here. biggrin.gif
QuickHare
A helpful guide to Gmail can be found here.

It's basically a new service from Google which has 1000Mb (1Gb) of storage space and no ads. The main difference between this service and others is that messages are not shown as you'd expect, they are grouped and you search for them as if they were web searches. Google believes you shouldn't have to delete old emails, just archive. That way, you never lose a piece of mail.
At the moment, it's being Beta'd, meaning it's being tested by the public. As they work things out, new features become available, but it's not yet ready for full use by the public. That means they can't let just anyone sign up, so they let users to invite other people. This lets Gmail to limit the numbers of users.

Currently they are being sold on eBay for a high price by existing users, so Imogen's offer is a great one.

Edited to add: Prices seem to be $9.99 for one invite!
Imogen
That's two of mine gone thus far. Any more takers? 4 more here for anyone who wants them

Imogen smile.gif
hockeygod
If I ask really nicely and behave myself, can I have one?

notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
bart
yours is on the way HG

Darren
hershey
If there are any left I would like one please.

Hershey
bart
Just PM me your current email and what you would like before the @gmail.com bit and it shall be yours!
QuickHare
I don't know how popular these invites are, but I have a constant supply to give away. If anyone wants one, PM/email me your first name, last name and email address to send your invite to.
Drie
Thanks, QH. Very cool!
SparkyNJ76
Can I also ask for one of the available Gmails? SOunds like a great service, and you guys are awesome for offering them smile.gif Thanks

Sparky
QuickHare
Sparky:
I know you joined about 9 or 10 months ago, but this seems to be your first post. Feel free to join in on any discussion and you're always welcome here. If you need further help, you may wish to contact myself, Imogen, Bart or any other regular here and we'll help you out. We're nice like that. Everyone at Elenarda is. But from reading around, you've probably guessed that...

And by now you've probably spotted your Private Message (PM)! If not, you can click here to maybe get them or click the "1 new message" at the top of the screen to go to your Inbox. Within the message is a question about what I need to send you an invite.
SparkyNJ76
It's true that I've not posted anything previously. I basically had joined and then forgotten about signing up, untill recently blink.gif Oops. I've seen the Check in topic, and will be leaving a quick word there, also.

Thanks again, you're all great

Sparky
Imogen
I've still got 6 up for grabs. I got rid of the last lot and they've given me more blink.gif
hockeygod
And I have 99 to give away, so there is no shortage of G-mail invites, if anyone wants or needs one. By the way, it is now 2 gigs of storage.
Willow
Just dropped in to say thanks for this thread because it's made me realise i have 41 unread messages on my gmail account sad.gif
Hmph, looks like im going to have to wade through them all. Although i think half of them will be myspace comments, because yes. I have a myspace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.