Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alex Rider Series
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Ignotus
Personally, I LOVE the Alex Rider series!
Here are the titles and order that they're in:

1. Stormbraker
2. Point Blank
3. Skeleton Key
4. Eagle Strike
5. Scorpia

For full summeries of them and more, check out this link here

Now, Anthony Horowitz is British, so the Brits already have Scorpia. In fact, they got it way back in April. They already have paperback! As does Canada, France, Germany, Japan (do you know how hard it is to search amazon.co.jp?! The whole site is in Japenese-duh-and the only way I reconized the book was from the cover!)

Of course, this is one of the reasons I am begging my parents to take me to Toronto next summer. . . . . smile.gif

Jerry
Eagle Strike is the best one, in my opinion.
Ignotus
Eh, I'm more partial to say Stormbraker or Skeleton Key. (Eagle Strike was the worst in my opinion!)
JulietP
They are ok the first two were the best though after that they became a little too far fetched and seemed to me to have the same sort of storyline (Theres a problem, nifty gadgets, get in trouble, save the world, go home upset)I don't know if anyone else thinks that though let me know.

Has anyone read any of Anthony Horowitz's other books? (Falcons Malteaser etc.)
Willow
1. Stormbraker
2. Point Blank
3. Skeleton Key
4. Eagle Strike
5. Scorpia

You missed Arc Angel....book number 6.
I love these books, i've got them all. I think that Horowitz thinks of an amazing plot in each one. thumbup1.gif

Yoda
*fidgety dance* I've heard of the Alex Rider series, even read the back of a few of them, but never actually read any. And now I've been to see 'Ice Age 2' and seen a trailer for Stormbreaker, which looked really good.

I can't afford to buy these books.

I can't.

And I'm going home via Oxford tonight.

DOOOOOM!

I'll let you know what I think of them later...*weak*
Imogen
Yoda, if you've not already bought them, The Red House book people are doing a deal this month, where you get a set of these books for some fairly cheap price.

Here you go: http://www.redhouse.co.uk/OrderMech/search...=homesearchinfo

Willow
Yoda?!

A TRAILER?!?!

There's going to be films?!

*yikes*

*does happy dance*
Yoda
There is definitely going to be one film, Stormbreaker is set to come out staring (among others) newcomer Alex Pettyfer as Alex Rider, Ewan McGregor as Ian Rider, Mickey Rourke as Darrius Sayle (who I gather is the bad guy) and possibly the best line of of British talent since Love Actually (We have Bill Nighy, Sophie Okonedo, Jimmy Carr, Stephen Fry, Robbie Coltrane, Damian Lewis, Andy Serkis...)

You can try and view the trailer using the imdb links that are up, not many sites have it though (I approve of the music biggrin.gif)
Willow
ah WOW!
The trailier looks immense,
*cant wait for film to come out* biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.