Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JKR.com
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Imogen
~He Who Lives Dangerously~ kindly pointed me in the direction of this site and I've had a great time reading. Thankfully the Ginny name debate is at an end. Not Virginia but Ginevra. No wonder she prefers Ginny!

Much good stuff on there - go and have a read if you haven't already!

~I *Heart* my Mini!~ smile.gif
hockeygod
Thank-you oh Queen of the Soundbite.
Della_Luna
The site I get just has a list of her publishers...am I missing something?
QuickHare
Until very recently, JKRowling.com was a list of links to my publishers - boring, I think you'll agree. So I thought I'd liven it up a little

I would either press F5 to refresh the page, or (In Internet Explorer) Click Tools, Internet Options, in the General tab (the first one you get to), click Settings for Temporary Internet Files.
Select either "Automatically" or "Every visit to the page". That ought to do it.
Della_Luna
Oh...I found the problem. It's www.jkrowling.co.uk ... the .com website doesn't work for me.
Yoda
I can't get it to load properly which is a shame ranting.gif , however thanks to a friend I do know of one of the site's easter eggs - somewhere there is a copy of the first draft of the first page of Philosopher's Stone, nicely hidden he says, and completely unlike the one we all know.

Yoda, destroying school computers with a vengeance comp26.gif
QuickHare
Yoda - at uni, use a WinXP machine. The others don't support Flash, which is what the site needs to run.

If you really have an aversion to WinXP (some people do), then you can click the "Text only version" link at the top. Not very exciting, but it works on all uni machines.

cool.gif
Yoda
Well taking QuickHare's advice actually paid off for me...wonders, apparently, will never cease tongue.gif The site is very much ubercool, and working with Tim and another friend I've found the two easy Easter eggs and am now seeking all the parts of the hidden ingredients list for a potion.

Yoda, sleuthing around
Tim
I'm up to four of the easter eggs now, but still can't get that darn door to do anything. I suspect that part of the site is still under construction, but I could just be missing something.
QuickHare
QUOTE (Yoda @ May 19 2004, 10:31 AM)
Well taking QuickHare's advice actually paid off for me...wonders, apparently, will never cease tongue.gif

See? I have a use after all....
Drie
QUOTE (Yoda @ May 19 2004, 01:31 AM)
Well taking QuickHare's advice actually paid off for me...wonders, apparently, will never cease tongue.gif The site is very much ubercool, and working with Tim and another friend I've found the two easy Easter eggs and am now seeking all the parts of the hidden ingredients list for a potion.

Yoda, sleuthing around

The feather was the most difficult of the ingredients for me to find.

Easter eggs? Haven't seen those.

FYI, check out the trophy room . . .
Della_Luna
I still can't find the feather, but I found some other reeeeaaally cool stuff!
Yoda
Should have specified earlier - I did find all the ingredients, but it's the catching that proves a problem - particularly on a computer that doesn't actually run the site!
nome
Indeed, there are only four easter eggs (plus little extra something that you don't have to do anything but wait for to see), and the door is under construction. I've seen some of the finished images, but that's 'cause people have been hacking in and posting the stored images for that area.
Yoda
Just thought I'd bring this thread up from wherever it had dangled down to biggrin.gif Just browsing through on the non-text bit, I found something that has delighted me to no end, and I quote:

...it took place in a pub in Exeter (which is a town in the south coast of England...

The reason for delight is that for the past three years that I've been at Exeter I've constantly been referring to it as 'a big village' because it's the most un-city-like city I've ever visited/lived in smile.gif

Yoda, and the quote is on this page in the F.A.Q. section
hershey
comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif
I am so frustrated with this site. I can't find anything. I have no idea what everyone means about the eggs. I would love some help before I take a hammer and do this comp26.gif comp26.gif

~H~
Drie
QUOTE (hershey @ Aug 18 2004, 07:16 AM)
comp26.gif  comp26.gif  comp26.gif
I am so frustrated with this site.  I can't find anything.  I have no idea what everyone means about the eggs.  I would love some help before I take a hammer and do this  comp26.gif  comp26.gif 

~H~

It took me awhile to understand that everyone meant that there are things to hunt for, not real eggs! wink.gif

HINTS (do not read any further if you don't want any hints)
On her desktop, you may want to think OotP in regards to the phone.

There is a revealer somewhere on the site that will reveal ingredients to a potion. You must find the ingredients, then you'll be rewarded.

Play around in the trophy room. Think Ron cleaning and straightening the trophys as detention.

Good luck! PM me if you would like more direct hints
Yoda
ALSO A BIT SPOILERIFIC ABOUT THE SITE!!!!!

You can also try shifting a book around in the library (links) page smile.gif (Either Tim or our friend James found this one - or they both did - either way they texted me!)

Yoda, providing non-obvious clues is my specialty
hershey
Has anyone else noticed what happens if you just let the main page sit for awhile? And if so what do you make of what happens with the watch?

~H~
Jerry
By me, when I left the screen untouched, the 'cup' of pens fell over, but didn't trigger anything. The watch, though, stayed the same. Is it supposed to glow or something like that? ermm.gif unsure.gif

comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif
hershey
Just before the wind knocks over the cup of pens. The watch flashes and then multiple clock hands appear in succession until the watch more resembles a compass. When the numbers are appears black and red dots with red only on 4, 6, 7 and 11. It may me nothing, but I have tried the numbers on the phone in that order and they don't do anything. There also is the big black flying bug that comes across the screen but it moves very fast and I haven't been able to click on it yet.

That's all I know.

~H~
Ignotus
New, bored, or just can't figure out want you want to do next? Join the club.

So what do we talk about?

Harry Potter.

Anything else?

Let your imagination run wild.

How about the message behind JKR's door?

Fine with me.

Okay. . . . . .
Ignotus
Well, the door's got to be something! smile.gif
Robert
Don't panic yet! its only been a few hours so give everyone a chance. If it doesn't take off, don't feel bad. Not every topic is a winner.

Robert AKA The Evil Author of INVICTUS
QuickHare
This is a very international site. When I go to bed, there's at least three regular posters who post from the other side of the Atlantic from me. When I'm awake there's about five. So maybe people post when you're not around.

Sometimes people just don't see the post. If that's the case, just wait as someone will reply.

As for that door... Anyone got ideas?
Drie
ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif
I clicked something and got a dart board! I played a bit, then clicked on something else and it vanished. I'm trying to get it back...
ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif
Let me know if you have success!

Got it back. Okay everyone, what is the significance of darts? I can't remember a mention of darts in any of the five books (I'm also combininb canon with fan fics, so that's not helping matters much). Let's pool our thoughts together!
Jerry
Okay, guys, I think I've got it.

Not wanting to 'ruin' the fun of doing-it-yourself, all I can say right now is go to the Extra Stuff page and wait for Peeves...

Good Luck smile.gif

p.s. If no-one minds to hear the "spoiler", I'll gladly say what I've found so far, with all the details...
Drie
Jerry, you rock! You rule! You rock and rule!!!

Thanks sweetie. fing05.gif
Jerry
QUOTE (Drie @ Aug 25 2004, 02:10 PM)
Jerry, you rock!  You rule!  You rock and rule!!!

Thanks sweetie.  fing05.gif

blushing.gif blushing.gif blushing.gif

smile.gif
Ignotus
Okay, I got past the door a loooong time ago. I have a link to mugglenet that tells you how to do it!

Here it is:

mugglenet

This takes you to the exact page! biggrin.gif
Jerry
Did anyone notice the 'Do Not Disturb' sign is back again? sly.gif
Ignotus
OMG! It is?!
Ignotus
Urgh! It is! I just checked! But you know. . . .I think Mugglenet has something that shows you how to hack past it! devil.gif

So anyway, if you didn't get to see what it said last time, PM me and I'll send the text to you!
hershey
Okay before everyone freaks and wonders what happened I will explain. I had observed the new, bored or undecided thread had evolved primarily into a discussion of current goings on at JKR.com. Well this resulted in having two threads talking about the same stuff, so I merged them and split the titles/description. Hope no one minds. bag.gif

Much affection,
Hershey
Ignotus
Eh, (::*shrugs*:: ) that's fine with me.
hershey
There are new things on her desk. A new link for sure. I don't want to spoil the fun of figuring it out, so I will say no more. PM me for hints or directions.

~H~
Jerry
Thanks Hershey. smile.gif

One thing I'll say is to wait a little on the main page, but not before browsing the site (I hope that was vague enough biggrin.gif ).
Jerry
Another update:

JKR has informed us that today it is Professor McGonagall's birthday - October 4th. happybday.gif
nome
The door's open, all.

...and the riddle is killing me!

Edit: hee. figured it out eventually. kind of obvious, when I thought about it.
Della_Luna
For anyone who's stuck, the answer to the riddle is
chapters
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.