Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosnĀ“t mttaer in waht
oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist
and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and
you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed
ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe and the biran fguiers it
out aynawy!

Pretty cool, don't you think? biggrin.gif
Yoda
I have seen this before, just a bit more background to add (in non-gobbledygook), the research was actually done by some of last year's batch of PhD students in the Cambridge University English Department.

Yoda, bludvik <---- true gobbledygook biggrin.gif (pickaxe)
QuickHare
A lt of thes scintists cal tis amont of mixng up "redudancy" as we cn also mis ot a fair few letrs frm te word an stll it mkes sens.

It is for this reason I ask for people not to correct themselves while using text messages or instant mesaging as it only uses space to correct themselves, and I just read over the spelling mistakes.

For example, in that last paragraph, did anyone notice the s missing from the the word messaging? Only the really observant would have noticed it without looking back.
Jerry
Another interesting thing I found:

Brain Oddities
Ignotus
I still don't see how there were six. I got "of" and several others, only adding up to four. . . . .
Jerry
Try reading it again. There are six of them in there. Look closely at each letter, not word.
Ignotus
Oh. I had only spotted one "of". I missed the other two.
Jerry
That's okay. It means you're normal wink.gif
Ignotus
So then I guess I should be thankful?
hockeygod
I had seen that one before, so I got all six F's.
Billywig2
Also, you only read the tops of the letters, you don't need the bottom half of letters to read them, but it's near impossible to work out a word if you don't have the top... I don't think I'm making sense
QuickHare
I get you. The top half of the letters are the important parts, not the bottom and the tails.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.