Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > Questions and Answers
nome
Sorry to be a pain, but I wanted to upload a new avatar for myself... it's got the proper dimensions and all, but I always get an error. I've tried all my other icons, and none of them seem to be working.

Anyone have a word of wisdom?
bart
Hmmm Drie had problems too, if you let me have it my email, I'll do my best to get it working for you.

bart

darren (at) bartsspace (dot) co (dot) uk
Imogen
I can ditto the offer Bart's made. Send them in by email or something, and I can upload them on the server here and see what I can do to help.

Imogen smile.gif
QuickHare
The solution (if you can do it) is to upload the picture file to a webserver (a personal web site or something) and use the URL to upload them. That's how I do them.
Ignotus
I used to have problems. . . . .but now I change my avatar all the time!
QuickHare
From what I can gather, the problems lay in the image's dimensions. When you draw it, it should be no more than 100x100 (or something). When you save it, the program that saves it must give its dimensions in the file properly. When you upload it, you must also change the boxes indicating the dimensions of the image.

If all goes well, it should upload. Please do not upload BMP, PCX, PNG or other filetypes. GIFs and JPGs are the only filetypes that should be supported, and then I'm not too sure about JPGs here.

Transparent GIFs and animated GIFs are fine, as long as the file size isn't too big. If it is animated, try not to use transparencies as this causes every frame to be saved fully and not 'pruned' for efficiency.

That's my two cents.
Willow
I want new avatar, just to slot it in here. But i dont know what to put up!
QuickHare
A picture is a good idea.....

How about a picture of a packet of red hair dye?
Spiffy Cyril
how do i set a darn avatar on this board? i'd like to put up a picture
bart
You should be able to do it by clicking on the "My Controls" link at the top of the page. If you have further trouble feel free to PM me.

Bart
(Admin)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.