Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anti-Leave of Absence
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Yoda
Hi All,

I was trawling through the boards on my re-arrival and I found the leave of absence thread (thanks to those who said bye biggrin.gif) but it occurred (I can't spell this word, ever) to me, where is the anti-leave of absence thread - well, now it's here. If I missed it in any other form, someone please point me in the right direction! blink.gif

Yoda, back for another 10 weeks biggrin.gif still doing maths ranting.gif
Della_Luna
Hey all! I'm back from my three week 'vacation' and slowly getting back in to the swing of things. I got home at like 3 this afternoon and I haven't really slept in two days so i'm looking forward to going to bed early tonight. I'm really glad to be back and now I have to go explore all of the threads to see what I've missed.

~DL, sleeping
Robert
DELLA'S BACK!

We missed you dear!
Yoda
Praise be the Waitrose! Somehow, don't ask me how, my parents have seen sense and put us onto the internet on an 'anytime' setup...by Waitrose of all people - but what do I care - it works and I'm here! So, this is me saying - I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Yoda, yay smile.gif
Robert
Oh Lord we're in trouble now!
QuickHare
QUOTE (RJOCL12 @ Jul 11 2004, 09:42 PM)

You can say that again!
Drie
QUOTE (Yoda @ Jul 11 2004, 10:51 AM)
Praise be the Waitrose! Somehow, don't ask me how, my parents have seen sense and put us onto the internet on an 'anytime' setup...by Waitrose of all people - but what do I care - it works and I'm here! So, this is me saying - I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Yoda, yay smile.gif

wooooooooo HOOOOOOOO!

We miss you when you're gone!
QuickHare
QUOTE (Drie @ Jul 12 2004, 06:41 PM)
We miss you when you're gone!

Ok, we do miss you, Yoda. But I still stand by my last little comment:
QUOTE (Me @ Home in the warm)
QUOTE (RJOCL12 @ Jul 11 2004, 09:42 PM)

You can say that again!
Imogen
I'm back!

Term has finished and I'm *almost* done with the exam scripts, but I'll definitely be around every day from now on.

I've finished up my job with the long commute and Im working close to home from September.

Bliss!

alphaomega.gif
Robert
YeaH!!!!
Willow
Im back also. From no where - just busybusybusy at stuff.
But holidays now and more free time.

Jen

Robert
Yeah! Missed ya dear.
Yoda
I'm back from Exeter again, having graduated with a piece of paper yet not managing to fall off the stage (they put up railings, darnit!)

Yoda, job approaching - Abort! Abort! wallbash.gif
ancarett
Oh, I have been majorly not here, haven't I? I trashed all my bookmarks so I lost track of the forums, though I'd have been able to find them from Imogen's blog if I'd thought, hadn't I?

Oh well -- I am an absentminded professor, so there's my excuse. I'm here again and hope all have been doing well. It's summer holidays here and I'm actually on sabbatical. This means I don't have to teach anything until January term, hooray! So I can research and write and poke around the boards when I'm not repainting eldest's bedroom. Wish me luck.

Taking an excuse to play with my favourite icon, now: alphaomega.gif
QuickHare
You don't need an excuse to play with the emoticons, as long as you put them back in their box when you're done playing. We had difficulties after Yoda emptied the box one day and walked off. I had to bend down and pick each one up. I did ground him and he no longer leaves them lying around.
Yoda
To Ancarett: Welcome Back! sorcerer.gif

To QuickHare: Snarl! sterb292.gif
hockeygod
I'm back!
Yoda
Me Too!

And here's the funny thing, no sooner am I back then QH manages to break Y!M as I chat to him ranting.gif There's nothing quite like having your computer work fine until he gets near it tongue.gif Anyway, mishaps aside, I must now briefly go again to see HP III at the cinema with my parents - will my holiday never end? (On the current job search, this is a yes...darnit!)

Yoda, France was cool.gif
Della_Luna
I'm baaaack!

And it's only a few months after I said I would be. I can sum it up in one word: school.

Summer reading, tests, evil administrators, homework, crew practice (let's not go there).

Why didn't anyone tell me 10th grade was so hard?

~DL

P.S.Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. School also managed to mess that up a bit...it was the first day of school!

Man I missed these boards!!!!! wub.gif
Yoda
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Welcome back DL! biggrin.gif
Jerry
QUOTE (Della Luna)
Why didn't anyone tell me 10th grade was so hard?

Wait 'till 12th... devil.gif biggrin.gif
Della_Luna
crybaby.gif bag.gif crybaby.gif

At least it's clash day tomorrow biggrin.gif
hockeygod
I would have to agree with Jerry on that one DL.
Willow
Can someone tell me....whats 10th grade called over here?? year 10, or is it 11....cos its different... 1346.gif
Yoda
10th grade over here is year 11 - hence during my intercontinental moving bouts I have done both year 4 and grade 4, but never year 7 teehee.gif

yoda, who didn't get to go to Chepstow
Willow
Thats weird. Why not year 7? thats confusing

But even though in school terms DL is a year older, shes only got about 4 months over me. Which isnt much...if she was born a week later she'd be in my year.
Ok, so i understand now. babe.gif
Della_Luna
I would be in your grade but I skipped Pre-K which, by the way, is my excuse for not being able to color in the lines.
Willow
Thats even more confused, you wouldnt be in my year, because your birthday is before september and its september onwards in my year. huh.gif

Thats confusing DL, whats Pre-K? fing34.gif

QuickHare
Pre-kindergarden? A kind of preschool for us. However, I'd wait for someone like Yoda to reply as he'd know better than I.
Robert
Pre-k is exactly that, QH. its anotehr name for preschool, which I can proudly say I did not skip but was rather booted out of becasue my mom and the administrator disagreed on what I should be learning. (Mom-learn to spell and print at age 5 / Pre-k-learn to spell and write in cursive at age 5)
Willow
Preschool?? Like nursery or reception? babe.gif

Jen

(Taken command over this thread with different discussion laugh.gif )
QuickHare
That's it. Also called "playschool".

And don't worry about the taking over the thread. If it was bothering people that much, the powers that be would move these posts to a new thread....
Yoda
I'm back! Even though I failed to mention I was going - but we're back in shiny new broadband form at my house! Will hopefully be around more often for chatting/etc in the evenings now (recently I've been posting during lunch at work and that's it!)

yay!
yoda
Yoda
I'm back! Again! Hahahahahaha!

yoda, biggrin.gif

PS: Slovenia & Croatia ruled!
Drie
Back. Well, physically. My heart's still with QH in his hometown...

I'm excited to say that I've met a fair number of this crazy bunch...hopefully on my next trip I can meet Imogen and Bart!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.