Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Da Vinci Code
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Della_Luna
Hey everyone!

I just finished reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown and was wondering if anyonelse here at Elenarda has read it.

If you haven't (crazy people tongue.gif ), then you should! It has mystery, adventure, and even a little Harry Potter reference thrown in there (I was really happy when i found that!)

So if you have read it, post your comments here!

Della_Luna

P.S There are also sites that you can solve your own code kinda like it and even enter to win a trip to Paris (of course living in Florida I'm 'not allowed to because of contest laws' or something wallbash.gif )

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/davinci/

and

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/davinci/main.html
LizWeasley221
I read it and LOVED it. It was so interesting! Especially all those facts about DaVinci and such.

Unfortunately, you are able to solve the "code" yourself on the site, but the contest is over....for over a year now (I guess you and I are a little slow on the up-take).

Anyway, amazing book- although I thought the end was a slight predictable. Sophie sounds amazing though...and LANGDON! DAMN! I wish he was one of my professors in college! blushing.gif

Liz smile.gif
Della_Luna
QUOTE (LizWeasley221 @ Dec 5 2003, 06:50 AM)
Unfortunately, you are able to solve the "code" yourself on the site, but the contest is over....for over a year now (I guess you and I are a little slow on the up-take).

Stupid contest.

And I actually did solve it...both of them!!

No...I really did!

~Luna, trying to find a time turner and a home in a different state teehee.gif
FlorenceWeasleySnape
I've read the Da Vinci Code over the holidays (It was a Xmas present) and I didn't find it quite as interesting. I mean... it's good, don't get me wrong... but it has no depth. Perhaps I didn't find it quite as interesting because I read it in spanish... *rubs her chin* ...yes, that's probably the case wink.gif

Florence
hockeygod
I just started reading it, so that means DL, you have to read The Hitchhiker's Guide soon.
Willow
I havent read any of there. Oh how stupid i feel.
Although ive recently read a good book (i found it good) called noughts and crosses...if anyones read that.

I might go pick up a Di Vinci Code...give it a read
Della_Luna
QUOTE (hockeygod @ May 7 2004, 01:49 PM)
I just started reading it, so that means DL, you have to read The Hitchhiker's Guide soon.

I want to. Believe me. I just have to get my hands on a copy and I'm all set. Oh yea...and I have to read 12 chapters of a school book. Then I can read The Hitchhiker's Guide!
Drie
Just started The Da Vinci Code. Good start, but very similar beginning to his other novel, Deception Point.
Della_Luna
I was reading Deception Point but it seems to be missing along with the rest of my books. Maybe my parents want me to study for finals or something...
hershey
I myself just started DaVinci code. Took me awhile because I wanted to read its prequel after learning there were references to Angels and Demons . Although the references aren't crucial to the storyline I thought it might bug me not knowing what he was referring to. If you haven't read Angels and Demons I highly recommend it.

~Hershey~
Ignotus
The DaVinci Code? It was practically pagen! dry.gif
pdlegirl
I for one, thought it was interesting. Then I had my grandmother read it (note: Roman Catholic), and boy did we have some interesting conversations. I don't think she got that some of it really was just fiction! 868.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.