Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hilarious H/G fan fics
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Robert
If you thougth The Naked Quiddich Match was hilarious then head over to Esense of Valor and read This Means War! in the Harry/Ginny section. After the broken water pipe I needed a good laugh and just happened to stumble across this one. I LMAO!!!! Just remember not to be drinking when you read this! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Robert thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif
Willow
Oh yeyeyeye i loved naked quidditch match! i especially liked Lee Jordans commentry! hahahahaha laugh.gif
hershey
I would have to give my thumbs up to Naked Quidditch Match as well. It was the first ff I ever read and it lead me to GT, then to here! biggrin.gif

My close second favorite would be Imogen's Wake Up and Smell the Coffee. She had me in stitches with the dialogue between Snape and McGonagall!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

~Hershey~
Drie
I love Naked Quiddich Match! When I'm feeling a bit blue, I pull out my hard copy and thumb through it. Priceless!

You must check out the latest work by ivy & Gracie on Sugarquill. This story had me in stitches, as it pokes fun of poorly written HP fanfics, including one very savvy Mary Sue! I swear, choking sounds were coming from my desk the whole time, as I tried very hard not to laugh out loud. laugh.gif Not finished yet, but worth a read!

Also, on fanfiction.net is brilliant work by Silver Phoenix25. She does a parody of the first three HP books that will leave you in stitches! My favorite one is Harry Potter and the Chamberpot of Secrets . . . tongue.gif Her "review songs" alone are worth the read!

A Very Harry Cliche by ivy & Gracie

Silver Phoenix25
PlaidPhoenix
I remember laughing my head off the first time I read Naked Quidditch Match. There are some parts of Ruskbyte's Order of the Phoenix and Well of Shadows that usually provide a few chuckles as well, despite the fact they aren't necessarily humor fics.

There were a few stories over at The-Place-Which-No-Longer-Exists which were always good for a chuckle. But alas, through the veil they went.

Not to go too far off-topic, but I didn't immediately see the H/G part of the thread title and was going to suggest Snogwarts over at FF.net, but it's a James/Lily story. Oh well.
hershey
QUOTE (PlaidPhoenix @ Dec 3 2003, 03:22 PM)
The-Place-Which-No-Longer-Exists

laugh.gif (picks self off of floor after falling out of chair laughing) laugh.gif

Good one PlaidPhoenix. thumbup1.gif I will have to remember it when referring to You-Know-What.net.

~hershey~
hockeygod
Where can I find Naked Quidditch Match? confused1.gif
PlaidPhoenix
Naked Quidditch Match
hockeygod
That was extremely funny. I may have to read it a gain. Half the time I couldn't read properly from falling to the floor, laughing so hard. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Willow
laugh.gif lmao, i agree with Hershey cos i had a right giggle...well more of a full loud laugh lol at wake up and smell the coffee
Although imagining McG in leather didn't help...hehehe
PlaidPhoenix
I just read This Means War! and it's hillarious. A worthy sucsessor to Naked Quidditch.
hockeygod
I am having trouble getting to This Means War. Could someone that has been there please create a direct link? Please?
Robert
Hockeygod,

It's posted at the website Essence of Valor in the H/G section. Sorry I can't do a direct link, haven't figured out how to do that yet.

"you do have problems, six older ones and a red head thats been chasing you since she was eleven."

If you don't make it, can I have the broomstick?

Robert tongue.gif tongue.gif
hockeygod
Thanks Robert!!! thumbup1.gif
Willow
That was hilarious! laugh.gif laugh.gif But its not finished is it? wink.gif
PlaidPhoenix
It's also up on Fanfiction.net, here's a link to the copy there, This Means War
hockeygod
Thank you, PlaidPhoenix!!!
Jeconais
Thanks for the recommendation :-)

This fic isn't finished yet, as, despite it's humour, I do actually have a plot line to try and get through. sorcerer.gif

I've started the next part - Harry's Revenge - because I can't wait to write Harry's prank...James would be so proud devil.gif

Tim
Willow
oooh coolio, sounds evil and funny, a good combo! laugh.gif devil.gif
itsme
About This Means War, Jeconais? Do we know you? I'm asking because at some point in another story, where Ginny is reasoning with herself about why she should be with Harry, one of the things she thinks is something along the lines of 'he must have a pile of socks to steal from'... This sounds familiar smile.gif
Willow
I thought that... laugh.gif socks? stealing? hmmm...
Drie
Like many, this auther may just be paying homage to the brilliant Imogen.

I've also got to say how much I'm enjoying This Means War. So much fun to read, and I'm looking forward to the next part!
sorcerer.gif
Jeconais
Do you know me? Not really...

To be completely honest, I had forgotten this place existed. It was only a review I received that reminded me.

The fic you're referring to, Mind Games, was written in March this year, and I spent some time trying to get it on the site-that-closed without much success. It was a homage fic to the Imogen, and a few of the other royals of that place, after I read most/all of their fics in a very short time.

It's my least favourite of everything I've written as it's a little too vanilla for me - it almost seems like fic-by-numbers, in that its been done and been done a lot better by a lot of other people.

I'm glad I wrote it, because it helped me develop a different style to what I had been writing before - and it went down well in a different fandom.

As for activities in the community, I had a rather over-the-top introduction on the ezboard pre-move forum that might have been memorable *shrug*.
To be honest, after the hassle's I had with the site-that-closed I kinda moved away from hp fanfiction for 5-6 months, despite having a few pieces written/complete because I hated ff.net (long story involving death threats) and only returned when I gathered up the courage to reaproach ff.net.

Tim - Jeconais
PlaidPhoenix
Jeconais, sorry about the troubles you've had with ff.net. It can be a trifle frustrating to post there, but I've found that it's alright to think of it as a nice place to put your work until you find someplace else to put it.
Willow
Ive never posted a story anywhere, but ive found that i thought ff.net was a really good place to read and reveiws stories. But to be honest it gets on my nerves, cos sometime it just stops working, or the lettering will go funny. wink.gif laugh.gif
Robert
Guys,

This is a shameless plug for Jeconais's This Means War! Part 3 is up at FF.net!

If you thought Pts 1-2 were hilarious, you'll split your sides laughing at the latest rounds of Mmails and plotting. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

"Did you know that Draco is gay?"

Drie
Woo hoo! I'll have to find time sometime to sneak away from doing work to check out the latest installment.

Thanks Robert! wink.gif
Willow
YES! great thanks for letting us know biggrin.gif
USMCDevilDog
The flying socks scene in Carpe Diem.
Willow
Oh ye, theres so many parts thats ive forgotten, that was definatley a funny part! In Fact it was quite hilarious! anyone agree?
Drie
Actually, the outake is even funnier -- when the twins call for everyone's underwear. Hilarious! laugh.gif
hockeygod
especially when Snape picked up his own. it had me on the floor laughing so hard that tears were streaming out of my eyes.
Willow
Really? i knew it was funny but i never knew it was THAT funny... wink.gif biggrin.gif
Clinton
I think the "socks, ___, and slugs/snape/soapsuds etc. are hilarious.

thats just me though...

CCC
Robert
here are two short ones that will tickle your funny bones. I particulary like Part 2

Tiny Bubbles Revenge is a dish best served cold

Robert thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif (Keeping the fingers crossed)
Robert
ARRRGH!! ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

All right, we'll try again!Titania: Tiny Bubbles

Robert thumbup1.gif
Robert
ARRRGH!! X 2!!

If this doesn't work I'm going to commit computercide!

Titania: Tiny Bubbles

Jeconais
Did you mean this ?

;-)

Tim
Robert
Thats it! I'm going back to Star Trek Deep Space 9!

For those interested in what I was trying to achieve please visit Fiction Alley/Riddulus?author Titaniam and read Tiny Bubbles Pts 1 & 2.

(heading back to watch Sisko & co kick Cardassian butt)
Robert
Yes. All right what did I do wrong?

Robert confused1.gif
Jeconais
The first one you did was closest, only you didn't spell the domain correctly and you ignored the case (on Unix servers CaSe SeNsItIvItY is important).

The others, you were copying from the location bar at the top (as well as spelling riddikulus wrong). Normally, this is fine, but as the site runs on frames, you're referring to the parent.

The easiest way to get the proper URL is to go to the page before hand (in my case I used the full author list) and right click on the url, then use the "Copy Shortcut", that will give you the direct child link, not the parent.

Tim - employed as a programmer
Robert
titania
Robert
titania
Robert
titania
Robert
YEA!!!!!!! The last one worked!!!!

Thanks Tim!!!
Thanks Drie!!
It'll take a while but I'll get the hang of it!

Robert wink.gif wink.gif

(Patches just opened one and gave me a dirty look for waking her up!)
Willow
Yep! Im gonna go read it now...hope its gonna be funny biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Drie
QUOTE (RJOCL12 @ Dec 13 2003, 02:50 AM)
(Patches just opened one and gave me a dirty look for waking her up!)

Ooohhh, you wake a sleeping cat, you get what you deserve . . .

Glad to see you experiment with posting links! Nicely done! sorcerer.gif
hockeygod
The fifth chapter of This Means War is up.
Della_Luna
YAY!!

I'm going to read it!

This made my day 061.gif
Della_Luna
I have the dreaded 'cannot find server' message crybaby.gif
comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.