Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: November's book
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Imogen
If you have any strong preferences either to read and discuss a particular book or you REALLY want to avoid it altogether, please yell up!

Something quick and easy this month please - take pity on us poor NaNoWriMo bods wink.gif

Imogen smile.gif
Imogen
Looks like "The Dark Is Rising" is ahead here.

Shall we say we'll do the title book in the series during November? It gives people who haven't got a copy of it a chance to borrow one from the library or snaffle one from a friend or something.

Does that sound ok for November?

Feel free to start threads on it any time you want. I'm going to start reading it again to distrct me from the NaNoWriMo agony...

Imogen biggrin.gif
Robert
Great, now I just have to find the box which has my 5-in-1 Sci Fi Book club edition in it. wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

Oh well, I think I know where it is.

Robert thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif
Drie
Sounds great to me!

Drie
Willow
out of that list ive only actually read two of them, HP and matilda...but im sure i can read 'the dark is rising' is it hard or easy going?
Imogen
It's a fairly easy story to read but there's a lot in the book. I found myself liking Will an awful lot during it and following his growing understanding was pretty absorbing. It was difficult to put down for the most part.

Hopefully you won't have any problems getting into it.

Imogen smile.gif
Yoda
I'm shocked and disgusted that no one offered up 'A Brief History of Time' or 'Fermat's Last Theorem', however seeing as they're the only books I could definitely get my hands on (beside HP&TPS) I think we can just throw my vote out the nearest window biggrin.gif

Yoda

PS: Can I suggest the Silmarillion once, just so everyone can avoid it like the plague?
nome
To be frank, if it weren't for the fact that not everyone here has read the Dark is Rising, I would probably have put in a vote for one of the other ones in the series, but they're all very good, Willow. And good subject matter for discussion, in more than your typical writer's analyses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.