Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So what do we want to start off with?
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Imogen
When we've got a few suggestions, I'll put a poll together (or someone else can if they beat me to it) about what book to discuss next month.

A lot of us are doing NaNoWriMo, so it's going to have to be something short and easy!

Should we start off with PS/SS if we're doing a Potter book, or how about I brace myself and try a Lemony Snicket one again?

What does everyone else think?

Imogen smile.gif
Helen
I say do something Like "Matilda" great chidrens book. It is very very short. Much Liked - I am sure most people will have read it or seen the film. And it is short. And with Many of you doing NaNoWriMo. And it is one of britain's best loved books

Either that or you miss me out this month *is still having problems reading anything HP*
nome
Well, I'm not quite sure how available they are in the UK, but I put in a vote for Robert Heinlein's Time For the Stars, Tunnel in the Sky, or Citizen of the Galaxy. All are rather short but very well composed. Not as humourous as HP or LS, but good reads anyway.

And I second the vote for Matilda.
Robert
I vote for Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising books or CS Lewis's Narnia Chronicals

Robert thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif
Kaleidoscope Eyes
Read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

It's very funny, though quite short, and an all round good book.

Kaleidoscope Eyes
nome
QUOTE (RJOCL12 @ Oct 19 2003, 01:58 AM)
I vote for Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising books

Marvelous idea!
Imogen
I'd like to do those as well, but in a month when I've really got the time to concentrate on them. November's going to be a little bit stretched methinks!

Having said that I've only read the title book in the series, but enjoyed it very much!

Imogen smile.gif
Shimmer
I recommend Coraline by Neil Gaiman, its a children's book but it's wonderfully creepy! I think one review said that it was an adventure for children but a nightmare for adults. Plus it's just in time for Halloween and it's V short!

Shimmer smile.gif
Drie
How about Treasure Island? Although, whatever book sounds good with everyone will work for me!

wink.gif
bart
QUOTE (Shimmer @ Oct 21 2003, 01:33 AM)
I recommend Coraline by Neil Gaiman, its a children's book but it's wonderfully creepy! I think one review said that it was an adventure for children but a nightmare for adults. Plus it's just in time for Halloween and it's V short!

Shimmer smile.gif

That sounds a good one I like Neil Gaimans Stuff
Imogen
It's a brilliant book and a very quick read. Massive thumbs up from me.

It operates on a parallel universe idea of real live versus what seems to be ideal and actually isn't. Totally creepy!

Plus Neil Gaiman is always worth reading.

Shall I start a poll?

Imogen smile.gif
bart
sounds good to me, do you need any help tongue.gif

bart
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.