Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Word Count Envy
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion > The Writers' Well
nome
I have had an epiphany. In a flash of insight gained from a fellow nanoer, I now know how to make it to the 50k.

Cattle prod my inner green monster.

Writing 3000 words a day? Tell me! Gloat! Boast! Strut! Preen! I want to writhe in competitive envy! I WILL write at least one word more than you! Haha! I will win! I will make it farther, faster, and more shamelessly bad!

At least, I will eat a mountain of sugar and stay up the whole night on Nov 29. Even if my last 8000 words are "that", typed over and over again because my brain has shorted out.

Nome, high on life.
Imogen
I think I'm going to have to settle in for the slow and steady 1500 words a day with a bit more at weekends just in case. I know people are going to be way ahead of me and my little inner monster will be incredibly green at the people who are so far ahead.

I keep thinking I'm not going to make it, but then my guilt chip kicks in. I've bought the t-shirt. I can hardly wear it if I DON'T finish! Imagine the humiliation!

Imogen laugh.gif
Julestoolazytologin
Exactly the reasoning for my buying my shirt, Imogen. laugh.gif

But something I read on the NaNo forums, are that somebody took little steps to get to the bigger ones. They said they'd have 17 578 words, and they'd think "Man, how cool would it be to get to 17 600..." so they'd continue on those few words, until they'd have the same situation again. What is it? Every journey starts with a single step. Or something. tongue.gif

Either way, I'm sure I'm going to be green inside. tongue.gif My idea is to aim for 2000 words at the beginning, while I'm really up for it, so that if I start getting fed up by the end I can afford a few days off. =)

To be honest though, I'm not really expecting to hit 50 000 - if I do, I'll just be extra happy with myself. smile.gif

-Jules. xxx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.