Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's sign-up day
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion > The Writers' Well
Imogen
Yes, today's the day we can start signing up for NaNoWriMo. It said over at the site that sign ups can start from 3pm Pacific time, which I think is 10pm UK time, and then we're committed.

I can't believe there's only a month to go!

*dances on the spot for a couple of hours*

Imogen teehee.gif
Shimmer
Ah! Ah! *hyperventilates*

Shimmer~going to sign up now
Imogen
I'm registered as Elenarda on the Wrimo sites. I'm scared witless now, but in order to consolodate my determination to do this, I've also bought the t-shirt!

What's everyone else's details?

Imogen smile.gif
Shimmer
I signed up under the penname Shimmer (how orginal) and I'm so excited! I'm not sure if I can do it, but I'm sure gonna try to write allllll those words, lol.

Shimmer
nome
I signed up as Nome (well, that's to be expected). Did anyone else find the confirmation/welcome message to be hysterical? That is seriously going on my wall.

I'm all excited now. I wanna start writing!

Nome
Willow
argh! im stuck, my internet wont open anything that isnt on favourites! what am i gonna do, can u sign up through all of october? sad.gif sad.gif

jenni sad.gif
ancarett
I signed up as, drumroll please, ancarett. I have also downloaded and updated an excel spreadsheet someone was mentioning on the forums there as a good motivator from last year's NaNoWriMo.

Ooooo, excitement!

And yes, Lily_P, you do have all month to sign up. Here's hoping your internet problem is all fixed soon!
Willow
phew! *breathes sigh of relief* if my internet doesnt start behaving ill have to sneak on in I.T lessons in school devil.gif

XxX jenni XxX
Imogen
How does the spreadsheet work, Ancarett?

I'm interested in anything that'll be a motivational thing. I need all the whip cracking and encouragement I can get!

Imogen smile.gif
ancarett
You can enter in your daily word count totals and see how your progress stacks up against where you should be. It's pretty easy to fill in and pre-programmed to do all the charts. The only things you have to do is change the dates from /02 to /03 and add in your daily totals. (If changing the dates seems counter-intuitive, I can email you my copy with this year's dates.)

http://mockerybird.com/nanowrimo-report-card.xls
nome
That's quite a nifty spreadsheet! I particularily like the projection of when you'll be done.

You can bet that after the first few energetic days of writing I'll slow down enough it could very well say "November 30, 2004".
Imogen
That is MARVELLOUS. I love the thing!

The weird thing is, I'd be tempted to keep up to date with that just to see the spreadsheet working!

Ancarett, would you mind emailing me yours? You know what I'm like with anything technical, and I'd seriously LOVE a copy to tinker with during November and squeak all over. I'm elenarda@elenarda.com if you don't mind.

Plus it'll keep the pressure on when I'm sinking... sinking... sinking...

Imogen blink.gif
Shimmer
I just downloaded it, it looks great! I'm so nervous though! I can't imagine when I'll have the time to write that much every day, but I will make time, lol!

Shimmer teehee.gif
ancarett
Emailing the updated version of the spreadsheet. I'll go over it one more time and make sure there are no more corrections/updates to make, then I'll post it to my website and share the URL here for anyone else? How does that sound?
bart
ancarett

any chance you could email one over this way ?

*looks pleadingly*

bart
he who should not play with word filters

[edit] no need, That really nice person sent me her's thanks anyway
Kaleidoscope Eyes
Hi

Can somebody e-mail me the address this years report card word count thing please?

I need all the help I can get if I'm going to do this. I've looked at last years one, and it's really good!

My e-mail is:

amy.glithero@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks ever so much!

Amy
ancarett
Done! Anyone else need a copy of the Excel-format NaNoWriMo report card?
Enna
I'd appreciate one, if it wouldn't be too much of a bother. smile.gif

My email's enna@theinkpen.net .

biggrin.gif

-Enna
bart
Ancarett sent me a copy the other day so I've sent a copy on to you, should be nesting in your inbox as we speak

bart
ancarett
Wow, you're that efficient you are, bart! biggrin.gif I'm trying to clear the decks of some work stuff before November 1 so that I have more time for NaNoWriMo so I don't check the messageboard every day right now. (90 more freshman essays to grade and 90 midterms to come on Monday, eep!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.