Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Series of Unfortunate Events
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Shallan96
I checked back through all four pages and I didn't see a topic on this, but I'm so excited I may have missed it.

Is anyone else a fan of Lemony snicket? How long have you been one?

I discovered the series a little over a year ago, in the summer of 2002. I'd noticed them around and finally gave in. I found Book the Second and Book the Seventh at the library, and read those within a few days. I went back for more, but they weren't there. So I began going to Barnes & Noble and reading them there (yes, without buying them). I didn't want to have to pay $10+ for each book. I found them at Costco for a few dollars cheaper and bought all of my books there. I never could find them used. I'm only missing The Wide Window and the Unauthorized Biography (the biography being the only one I've not read).

And the reason I created this thread...

I hold in my hands - well, I would be holding it, if my hands weren't currently involved in typing - The Slippery Slope, Book the Tenth! Anyone else have it? I got mine at Borders a little bit ago. Unless they had others elsewhere on display, they only had two of the books! And I didn't have to pay full price either. smile.gif
Imogen
This book is seriously miserable. Please go away.

wink.gif

I'm not a fan of the books at all, although I've read the first eight of them. I think the marketing is simply brilliant for them - telling children not to read the books - but the books themselves just grate when I'm reading them. I think I've got a bit of a sense of humour clash with Mr Snicket, and try as I might, I can't get into them properly.

I know a lot of other people are fans, and Carissa's opening a Snicket website soon. I'd imagine there's going to be a few other fans here as well.

Imogen smile.gif
Willow
QUOTE (Elenarda @ Sep 25 2003, 06:28 AM)
This book is seriously miserable. Please go away.

agreed, i find them erm...whats that word, rubbish, although i know quite a few people who like them im not one of em
Ignotus
Oh I found the books to be quite amusing! The Grim Grotto comes out September 21, 2004. Click here for more info!
pdlegirl
Hmmm...I've only read the first, and I'm not sure about them yet. I like the idea of them well enough though. I'll read anything once though! biggrin.gif Do you knowhow many L. Snickett is going to be writing?
Ignotus
There are ten out so far, excluding his "unauthorized' autobiography. There will be a total of 13 books when the series is done. Goodness, I even got my mom to read them!

Click here and here for more information on the books already out, upcoming books, and upcoming movies! biggrin.gif teehee.gif
hockeygod
I read the first one and loved it. I started the second one and liked it, but just didn't finish it. Should I pick it up and give it another try?
Ignotus
Of course you should! And if you don't like this one, well, the others are much better in my opinion. But you need to read it to understand certian parts in books 9 and 10! biggrin.gif
pdlegirl
fing34.gif Thanks for your help....now I just have to get to the store to buy the others!
Ignotus
Eight more days 'till Grim Grotto comes out! (Sorry, just, had to get that out of my system. Anyway, the Grim Grotto-being the thirteenth book-comes out on the same day as Abarat:Days of magic, Nights of War-that being 9-21-04!)
Terezita
fyi grim grotto is the eleventh book
DanRadcliffeRoxmySox
I love A Series of Unfortunate Events. but not as much as Harry Potter
GinnyBee
I'm a huge fan. And the movie was awesome, I took my little sister to see it and she loved it, and she's only four!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.