Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I...?
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion > The Writers' Well
Starrika
I just discovered it TODAY! I'm really blown away by the idea, and I think I could do it, I've got some ideas floating through my head.

BUT.

I just started a really long HP fic that will take forever to grind out, the plot's giving me headaches already...I'm a nut for inconsistencies. I've got 2 Newsies short fics that were due two weeks ago that I've got a huge block on, but managed an extension....A play that I'm in the process of editing, and I just started college this semester, and November is going to be prepping for finals in early December.

BUT.

I'd really like to do nanowrimo, and I've got a few ideas that would probably work.

What do I do?

~Starrika
Imogen
I think you should give it a whirl.

I'm going to leave big notes around the place that I won't be updating any fanfic in November, but the novel I'm thinking of doing in November is for internet posting anyway, so people should get a daily update of that story instead.

I am really jittery about it, but I think it'll be a great experience, and I know there's loads of wonderful support here. And I am so going to need that to make it to the end!

As long as real life isn't too bad, I think you should try it. If it's not working out, you can always stop.

Imogen smile.gif
Willow
liking that advice cos i asked you in another thread whether i should bother, i should try cos u only live once right? rolleyes.gif

jenni
Starrika
Ok, everyone in my dorm is pestering me to give it a try, so I think I will...but now I'm not sure what to write about. I was looking through my idea notebook, and I can't decide.

Fantasy book with elements of Greek mythology revolving around two brothers and their discovery of an amulet ( blink.gif It sounds cliche, it really does....)

or

A narrative loosely based on my high school experiences that could give Dawson's Creek a run for it's money.

or

A really cheesy romance novel plot bunny that's been jumping around my head for the past two years.

Yeah. Well. Anyway, I thought I'd seek some more guidance while I procrastinate the term paper I'm supposed to be writing whistling.gif

~Starrika
Imogen
I know what you mean. I've got two bunnies and one is biting harder than the other. The problem is that the bunny with the teeth is the un-postable online one, because it's a story that *might* one day be able to be published. And one of the points of NaNoWriMo (for me) is to be able to post daily...

*beats off bunny with stick*

HELP!

Imogen wink.gif
b4zookajules
Damned bunnies. *twacks them* Hey, I should make that an emoticon. laugh.gif

But yeah, I too feel your plight. sad.gif I've had a story in my mind for the past couple of months, and now that it's coming closer to November, I'm severly going off the plot. So I've had ideas for another one, and though I like it better because it's less challenging (means I don't have to invent a whole new planet rolleyes.gif), I'm still stuck on the main plot bit. I always find that I'm fine with making up the tiny bits of plot, and linking it all together... it's just the main stream that pulls everything together that I *can't make up*. Grrrrrrr.

But also a quick note, that you can do fanfiction for the novel. smile.gif Doesn't have to be original.

Despite the fish.gif ness, I'm still majorly looking forward to this. ^_^

-Jules. xxx
Isabella
I've been mulling for a few days over whether I should have a crack at it, and I've finally decided, what the hell, I'm going to jump on the 'are we mad?' bandwagon. Hurrah! teehee.gif

Got a splendid idea for a plot, as well. smile.gif
Imogen
Wooohooo! Good for you Bella. Another one for insanity is always good!

If anyone needs any webspace to post it, just yell. I can always create a bit of space here somewhere.

Imogen smile.gif
Willow
thumbup1.gif im gonna take a whack at it too *nods head determindly* but im not gonna do it on my own so im pesturing my friend to have a go too laugh.gif

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

jenni
LizWeasley221
I keep saying I will, but I am still undecided about it. I don't really have any sort of plot in my head and I think I should have a full, thought out story before I decided to undertake this task. It seems great for everyone else though!

Good luck, guys!

Liz
Imogen
C'mon, Liz, you can do it! You're a Gryffindor!

Who needs a plot anyway?

Imogen whistling.gif
Willow
out with plots for NaNoWriMo, i say write what ever pops into ur head laugh.gif
but thats just what im doing, if i decided to do it in the end.

jenni

p.s if u want a plot fair enough laugh.gif
Guest_Birdie
I just heard about NaNoWriMo and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to do it. The thing is I want to start a live journal to sort out my thoughts and plot outlines for November and I was wondering if someone could get me the code. I'm pretty much broke at the moment since school just started and all and even if I wasn't I'm really wary about using my credit card over the net.

You ARE allowed to invite people to join and I was just wondering if maybe someone would take pity on poor little me?

My email is trademark_angel@hotmail.com if someone decides I'm a worthy cause...

Thanks,
Birdie

Ps. I love the Harry/Ginny smilie! alphaomega.gif ! Oh and Imogen? Your fic's are awesome, update soon!
LizWeasley221
C'mon, Liz, you can do it! You're a Gryffindor!

Who needs a plot anyway?

I always thought of myself as more Slytherin...but awesome! Actually, if I have nothing else going on- I think I will do it. And you already know where the setting will be because I am only COMPLETELY OBSESSED with Ireland in every way.

Now, how, when, what, and who need to be decided! laugh.gif

This should be interesting...

Liz
Willow
i think of myself as a sytherin cos my house colour is green
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.