Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: story access
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > Questions and Answers
Robert
Dear Imogen,

Love your work. The Queens of HG hsve succeeded in producing a site of absolutely fantastic work. Like Robert W., I also have been spell-bound by your Carpe Diem and Alpha & Omega series. In fact, I would like your permission to print out and make up bound copies which I want to give to my sister Ann on her 36th birthday on Oct 6th.

My access problem is that I can't access three chapters of your work (specifically An Interlude/Strawberries/ and A&O After the Epilogue).

How do I get in to read and enjoy them?

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing what happens to Hope in her conversation w/Harry & Ginny.

You and the other Queens of HG (Ashwinder, Marion, Alphie ect) have truely created something special and unique. In fact, you have succeeded in catching lightning in a bottle. Just as Robert W realized, and as I learned with Ashwinder's 3 full length works, you really can not appreciate just how great these stories are until you print them out, organize them and read completely through.

PS-You have just killed ink cartridge No 2 in hardcopying CD, A&O, and their attendant outtakes & asides. You may end up beating Ashwinder's 5 cartridges for her 2 part Ginny's Gift and Across the Great Divide.

Sincerely,
Robert J Owen
Imogen
Hi Robert,

I'm really sorry but those stories don't exist any more sad.gif I wish I could help you, but at the moment they're not posted anywhere.

Thank you so much for the lovely words about the stories though - it means so much to hear that people are actually enjoying them, and of course you can print them out to bind - I've got no problem with that, although I'm perpertually stunned that people have done this with my writing as a gift for someone. I hope Ann enjoys it!

Imogen smile.gif
Willow
QUOTE (Elenarda @ Sep 20 2003, 10:54 AM)
although I'm perpertually stunned that people have done this with my writing as a gift for someone.

yus...a gift....at leats ann gets it printed out, for my b-day i was complaining that there was no decent ff to read anymore (not realising elenarda existed at the time) so my mate simply gave me a card and in it was the web adress to elenarda! laugh.gif laugh.gif

jenni

p.s i know this sounds sad but i hey! u gotta love the fanfics right? sorcerer.gif and despite wot u might think now i do have a social life hug.gif

Robert
Imogen,

Thank you for the reply and I'm sure Ann will enjoy the entire CD Universe organized into a couple of books. Of couse, she 'll have to wait until you finish Home and Nils before getting those. Regarding the three missing stories, I understand that their no longer posted but I wonder if you're like me and keep hard copies of your work? If so, I would gladdly settle for a photocopy and would reimburse you any costs.

I know how you feel about constantly suprised about people's reactions to your stories and a desire to give them as gifts. It still amazes me ten years later that people would actually pay me for my work on the USS MARBLEHEAD during the Pacific War when, as part of the US Asiatic Fleet in the Philippines, she fought a losing battle to hold back the Japanese invasion of South East Asia. In fact, one man even sent me a check for $100 because he liked the story and had served aboard another OMAHA class cruiser. In fact, the ship's crew just had its annual reunion in Albequerqie New Mexico this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to miss it because of Hurricane Isabel, which missed me in Myrtle Beach SC by 20 miles and this hurts because I know that some of them will not be here next year and they are my friends.

Finally, to Lily P.

Don't be too hard on your mate, at least he went to the trouble of getting you a card. He could have just stuck a Post-it on your monitor.

Willow
QUOTE (RJOCL12 @ Sep 21 2003, 10:33 AM)

Don't be too hard on your mate, at least he went to the trouble of getting you a card. He could have just stuck a Post-it on your monitor.

yus, that would be true, no one likes to be told something by a post-it, (like carrie of SatC) lol laugh.gif
besides i was very greatful for the web adres, it gave me hours of ff goodness, with a bit of sock stealing on the side laugh.gif

jenni! laugh.gif

cranberry27
If you're looking for an A&O book cover, I'm sure that's around here too! Rich made it, and I'm positive that he wouldn't mind anybody using it if Imogen doesn't. I brought my copy of A&O with me to Illinois, though the cover is a little shredded by now! It is still missing the ending, but I will print those out as supplements I guess. There's no rebinding now! It was as up-to-date as it could possibly be when Imogen and Rich slaved away for my Christmas present hug.gif

Amy
Imogen
I do have a hard copy of it, Robert. If you're happy to trust me and email me with your address, I'll pass them along to you. I don't want any money for them!

My email is elenarda@elenarda.com

Imogen smile.gif
Willow
what were those storys you were saying didnt exist (on the site) anymore? wink.gif

jenni ermm.gif
Robert
IMOGEN

I will send a e-mail in a few minutes with my address and a basket full of thank yous. It also might interest you to know that you guys have succeeded in killing my poor little cannon bubblejet printer! Now I have to buy a new one and I just bought new cartridges last night! Printer Killers!

Robert
Robert
Jennie

The stories are listes in the CD compendium and are as follows:

A & O - An Inturlude (the Wedding Night)
After the Epilogue

Home - Strawberries

You are not the only one who has howled with laughter over the socks.

Robert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.