Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Retro arcade games
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Imogen
Now I know I'm pretty ancient, but does anyone else remember these? Things like Space Invaders, Pacman and Frogger?

Yes, you too can play them online. I confess, I lasted just over a minute with Space Invaders before I was blown to smithereens laugh.gif

Check it out: http://www.arcadevillage.com/
Yoda
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Asteroids! 5640 the first time!

Edit: 35 seconds on space raiders!
nome
I must admit, I still have the original nintendo, which means I still play these games and a few slightly cooler ones. And you're not ancient, Imogen... I'm 14 and I remember playing on an Atari, which was around when Pong was hi-tech. laugh.gif

~Nome
bart
which was around when Pong was hi-tech.  :lol:  
~Nome

ah pong those were the days.....................
MissBee
I use to be a pro at pong... When I was about 8... tongue.gif Ah the day's when I had a mac... and no internet... HOW DID I SURVIVE???
nome
*keels over and dies at the thought of no internet*

but I do remember it. and our first computer -- man, that was scary. It's screen was about 5" by 6", but the monitor was huge... we'd play wheel of fortune in black and white on it.
Yoda
'Boris the Spider goes Skiing'

Combining both Frogger and...Skiing Frogger...but with a spider - now that was sheer genius. Nigh on impossible to get across the road though, cut down on skiing time. biggrin.gif
bart
knew there had to be one [pong game that is] out there some where http://www.flashcadia.com/games/002/index.html
and instead of posting how well you did make me feel better and post how badly you did first go, i suffered an embarrassing 9-3 defeat :oops:
Yoda
Sorry bart, won 9-5 first time :? On the bright side I was up 7-0 at one point *hangs head in shame* and the first time I played I got the pong moving so fast that it crashed the player biggrin.gif

Yoda
ancarett
Red Baron was my favourite. Had to be really whacked out on codeine (usually prescribed for my chronic pneumonia) to enjoy it to its fullest. . . .

I also remember a whole range of pre-PC computer games. There were the text games like a fun version of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Then there was the ASCII graphic fantasy dungeon adventure HACK and all its little spin-offs.

/em waxes nostalgic and rhapsodic
nome
Um, on Pong, I lost the first couple 'cause it'd been forever and I wasn't quite sure about things... a few years back we had another version with bonuses and special actions and multiple balls. :oops: anyway, I recovered for a 9-2, my win.

But anyhoo, on other games, I actually have a copy of the text HGTTG game. biggrin.gif

~Nome.
Yoda
If anyone is feeling brave enough, go to:

http://www.digger.org

And download digger. My highest ever score on a go is 60525, if you can beat that you have way too much time on your hands! biggrin.gif You can tell some people do - the top scores on the website are in the millions!

Yoda, digging
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.