Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question the characters...
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Imogen
This is stolen unashamedly from James Bow's blog, and you can apply it to fanfic and original stories alike. I know a few of you have read 'The Crimson Dawn', so feel free to ask Jack, Libs, Chris and the others anything you'd like!

Ask any of my characters, from any of my stories, any question you would like them to answer

Might be fun!

Imogen thumbup1.gif
Willow
sounds like fun, but i dont really get it, who do you direct the questions to?

jenni laugh.gif
Imogen
We had quite a laugh with this on my blog a while back. You can ask Hope or Harry or Ginny questions about what's going on, or what they think about something in the fics and they'll answer you.

I won't give away any spoilers but the characters will answer pretty much anything from the 'Carpe Diem' universe!

Ask away!

Imogen smile.gif
bart
Right lets get this going....

I'd like to ask Cora, what she see's in Hope that makes her want to be her friend?
Cora_Maguire
I'm not sure what it is exactly that makes me want to be her friend. I suppose I've heard a lot of stories about her when she was a baby and I'm curious to find out a bit more about her. Plus Parkinson is such a cow to everyone, and Hope's pretty funny a lot of the time. I don't think she means to get into the trouble she does and I really do like her.

She makes me laugh a lot, and that's definitely one reason I like her. Her home background is so different to mine. There are all those witches and wizards that she has in her family, whereas, there's just mum and me at home and loads of Muggles around us.

I don't like her just because she's famous. I'm not one of those type of people. I like her, just because... because she's her. I think she's going to be a really good friend.
bart
Thank you Cora, it's good of you to answer so quickly smile.gif
Cora_Maguire
No problem, Bart. I was just loitering online anyway!

Cora wink.gif

By the way, which Quidditch team do you support?
Drie
I have one for Ginny Potter . . . (youngish from "Home")

Ginny, how difficult is it balancing a husband, baby and a new home at such a young age? (And when do we get to hear more about your story?)

jump.gif
Willow
one for hope: who do you like best...mum or dad (harry or ginny)?

alphaomega.gif

jenn
GinnyP
QUOTE (Drie @ Sep 22 2003, 09:36 PM)
I have one for Ginny Potter . . . (youngish from "Home")

Ginny, how difficult is it balancing a husband, baby and a new home at such a young age? (And when do we get to hear more about your story?)

jump.gif

I'm sure you can imagine it's not the easiest thing in the world. It's not the way I'd ever thought that things would happen, and when Dumbledore made that suggestion to us, our whoe world seemed to fall apart.

Now that Hope's here, it's different. She's so gorgeous when she giggles and she's such a little character; it's difficult to believe just how much she knows her own mind, even at a few months old.

She's wonderful and I don't regret marrying Harry, or having her in my life.

It is going to be very odd going back to school, and I'm not really sure how that will be. It's something I'm not really looking forward to. I can't imagine setting out to lessons again and leaving Harry and Hope here at home. I don't really like thinking of them without me, but I know I have to finish school. Without my NEWTs, I'm never going to get a decent job, and I know I want more than just staying at home, cleaning noses, like Mum used to do.

It's not that I don't love Hope, I do. I just still want to do the things I'd always dreamed of. But I know Harry's going to support me in that. Things will work out, I know they will.

Ginny teehee.gif
GinnyP
Imogen says she's going to finish up the next bit of our story in about 2 weeks, after all the stuff at work is finished. She says she's very sorry for the delay but real life is a bit swamping right now.

First weekend in October is a definite promise.
Drie
Thanks Ginny! wink.gif

Good luck to you when you return to classes. Try to keep out of trouble (although, with your husband at home this may be easier) and hope you do well with your N.E.W.T.S.!

sorcerer.gif
Hope_Potter
QUOTE (Lily_P @ Sep 23 2003, 05:44 PM)
one for hope: who do you like best...mum or dad (harry or ginny)?

alphaomega.gif

jenn

Oooh, that's really difficult.

I do love them both, but I suppose I'm more like Dad than I am like Mum. Most of the time anyway! Dad really listens to me and I like that. I think he treats me more like a grown-up than Mum does. Mum just yells when she's angry, but I s'pose that's ok because I do too. I usually deserve it.

I don't think I could choose between them. They're both always there for me and they're right behind me, unless I do something stupid. Even something I love, like Quidditch, they're both really keen on. Dad maybe a bit more than Mum, and I know I can talk to him without him yelling, but sometimes it feels like it's easier to let him down than it is to do something wrong to Mum.

I think I'm just really lucky. I look at my friends and their parents and I know I've got both of mine and they love me no matter what. No all of my friends are as lucky as me.

sorcerer.gif
bart
I'd like to ask Proffessor Snape, what he thinks Slytherin's Quidditch chances are this year and what the prospect of having a Potter on the team in future years means to him? That is if he has time in his obviously busy and overworked schedule. notworthy.gif
Rudel
I have a question to Harry: What does your attitudes with Ginny such special? tongue.gif
Julephenia
I have a question for Hope from "Nil...".

Honey, do you have *any* idea what you're doing? If you get kicked out of Hogwarts, you'll have to go away to some other school, much farther away... or maybe never go at all. I know school isn't always fun, but what will you do?

Becky, playing big sister
Willow
thanks for answering my question Hope! tongue.gif
good answer too

jenni
Severus_Snape
QUOTE (bart @ Sep 23 2003, 10:27 PM)
I'd like to ask Proffessor Snape, what he thinks Slytherin's Quidditch chances are this year and what the prospect of having a Potter on the team in future years means to him? That is if he has time in his obviously busy and overworked schedule. notworthy.gif

Slytherin's Quidditch chances?

There is no chance involved in this game, and we are assured of victory. Slytherin has won the House Cup for the past four years in succession. They are drilled rigorously in the fine game and have real drive to succeed. It's hardly down to pure chance.

As for Potter, she's undoubtedly talented, but like her father she has an impulsive nature that makes her a risk. She'll have to prove her mettle before she deserves a place on the Slytherin team. Unlike her father, she's not going to find that things come easy to her because of her name.
Willow
hmm...i see severus snape is still a moody old guy as per usual.....lol and hes sounding a bit over confident on his house

laugh.gif

jenni
bart
Thank you for taking the time out to reply Professor, I of course did not mean to imply that Slytherin's wins were merely down to chance, just how you thought the team compared to the others.

[and Lilly_P are you mad he's still probably watching these forums you know....]
Harry_Potter
QUOTE (Rudel @ Sep 23 2003, 10:42 PM)
I have a question to Harry: What does your attitudes with Ginny such special? tongue.gif

Um... Ginny's amazing. I don't think there's any other word to describe her. It's the way she just copes with everything that's thrown at her and just bounces back from it all with that wonderful grin on her face.

I don't know how she puts up with me, to tell you the truth. I don't deserve her really. She always seems to understand what I'm going through and she's there; I try to be there like that for her, but I don't think I manage it so well. She's been through so much because of me, and she's never once complained.

Plus once you've seen her with Hope... wow! There's nothing... It's just something else. I can't explain it, but it feels like everything's right somehow. Out of all the mess, it's all just right. And it's all down to her.

alphaomega.gif
Willow
QUOTE (bart @ Sep 25 2003, 05:36 PM)

and Lily_P are you mad he's still probably watching these forums you know....

yus yus i know *runs and hides behind a wall*
but he cant find me laugh.gif

jenni
Severus_Snape
QUOTE (Lily_P @ Sep 25 2003, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (bart @ Sep 25 2003, 05:36 PM)

and Lily_P are you mad he's still probably watching these forums you know....

yus yus i know *runs and hides behind a wall*
but he cant find me laugh.gif

jenni

Can't I, young lady?

That will be detention tomorrow night at 8pm. I trust you will have no difficulty in finding your way.
Willow
ranting.gif , why do i get all the detentions!....ill get revenge on you, just you wait snape just you wait....... devil.gif *goes back into hiding*

*sighs*

jenni laugh.gif
Hope_Potter
QUOTE (Julephenia @ Sep 24 2003, 04:27 AM)
Honey, do you have *any* idea what you're doing? If you get kicked out of Hogwarts, you'll have to go away to some other school, much farther away... or maybe never go at all. I know school isn't always fun, but what will you do?

But it's not fun being at Hogwarts. Not if I'm in Slytherin. I don't want to be there if that's my house; the Sorting Hat must've got it wrong. I can't be in there. Everyone's just going to go mad with me, and it's all gone wrong.

I know that if I get expelled I'll not be going to school at all. I don't think Mum or Dad would like me to be as far away from them as Durmstrang or one of the other schools in Europe. I think Mum and Dad could probably teach me at home, and I can learn a lot from books as well. I don't mind working hard - I just don't want to stay where I am.

It's not that I want to be expelled, it's just there's no other way. Professor McGonagall said that I can't be moved house. So I'm stuck.
Willow
i see, im very much like you Hope, i hated the house i was put in at school, and i nagged and threw tantrums to change and i got changed to the house i wanted!

plus i get into trouble every where i go, i practically live in detention! both at school and now (thanks to someone!) on here.

but advise, dont take it out on everyone...just the source of the problem, which would be the sorting hat devil.gif

jenni. teehee.gif
Drie
Oh, Professor Lupin?

Do you enjoy dressing in drag? (Or should I say, being dressed in drag?)

blushing.gif
Willow
a question to severus snape: have you ever been in love?

jenni laugh.gif

p.s....dont hold these stupid questions against me, im a nice person...honest!
Rose_MacShane
I have one for Harry...
What do you consider Ginny's and your song?
Rose MacShane
Rudel
Thanks for answer, Harry!
thumbup1.gif
RJ_Lupin
QUOTE (Drie @ Sep 25 2003, 06:19 PM)
Oh, Professor Lupin?

Do you enjoy dressing in drag? (Or should I say, being dressed in drag?)

blushing.gif

Being dressed is definitely correct.

I've got to admit, it's not an outfit I would have chosen, and it was a bit flashy for everyday teaching robes, but you've got to admire Hope's ingenuity, haven't you? She's a funny child, always has been, and seeing her wrestle to settle in in Slytherin is quite something else. I'm not sure what'll win out: the Weasley/Potter stubbornness or the voice of common sense.

I don't think I'll make a habit of being dressed like this, but for a one-off, I don't mind giving the students a giggle at my expense. I'm just grateful she didn't think to alter more than my clothes! I can't imagine suddenly growing breasts!
PlaidPhoenix
Question for Harry, you and Ginny have Hope, who's 11 and off making mischief at Hogwarts now, and Sam, who's 5. Ginny's pregnant with your third child now, any prefrences for another son or another daughter? Or would you care for twins? Another pair of Fred and George causing mayhem in the house? And how's Hedwig getting along? She must be getting on in years for an owl?
Yoda
I have another question for Harry to add to Plaid's back there and it is thus:

Why does the pheasant have no agenda? tongue.gif

Yoda, searching for the truth (w/out the aid of Bill Bailey)
Drie
QUOTE (RJ_Lupin @ Sep 25 2003, 08:52 PM)
I don't think I'll make a habit of being dressed like this, but for a one-off, I don't mind giving the students a giggle at my expense. I'm just grateful she didn't think to alter more than my clothes! I can't imagine suddenly growing breasts!

Aww. Just glad you were able "take it like a man!"

Thanks for being so kind in the whole situation. It will be interesting to see what happens as Hope's antics continue to unfold.

sorcerer.gif
Drie
Question for Ginny in Nil -

You carried Hope fairly easily (yes, she did come early, but you were under a lot of stress at the time . . .), you have another child, but everyone seems concerned with the pending birth of your third child. Are you okay? Is the baby okay? Or is this a question to be answered (soon?) in Home?
Imogen
Eeek! I'm a bit behind with this thread. Um. Let me see who I can find round here to answer the questions they haven't answered yet...

Imogen smile.gif
Harry_Potter
QUOTE (Rose_MacShane @ Sep 25 2003, 07:45 PM)
I have one for Harry...
What do you consider Ginny's and your song?
Rose MacShane

I'm not sure we have a song, but that poem of Ginny's is a pretty special one. You know the one I mean. The Robert Herrick one.

I'm not a poetry fan: not like she is, but I owe that poem a lot. It made me work out how to help her that time in the hospital wing.

So yeah. I think that would be it.

sorcerer.gif
Harry_Potter
QUOTE (PlaidPhoenix @ Sep 25 2003, 09:04 PM)
Question for Harry, you and Ginny have Hope, who's 11 and off making mischief at Hogwarts now, and Sam, who's 5. Ginny's pregnant with your third child now, any prefrences for another son or another daughter? Or would you care for twins? Another pair of Fred and George causing mayhem in the house? And how's Hedwig getting along? She must be getting on in years for an owl?

Twins? TWINS? Tell me you're joking. You are, aren't you? NO WAY would we want a little Fred and George roaming around. Hope's bad enough as it is!

I don't really have much of a preference, to be honest. I just hope this one arrives safely. It's caused us a few worries so far, one way and another, so it'll be good to actually see the baby here safely.

And Hedwig is doing fine, thanks smile.gif She's about ready to be retired from actively delivering my post and doesn't do any long distance travelling these days. She's loving the time flying around Hogsmeade and still drops in to pinch my bacon rind in the mornings.

harry.gif
Harry_Potter
QUOTE (Yoda @ Sep 25 2003, 09:39 PM)
Why does the pheasant have no agenda? tongue.gif

Because it's a pheasant.

harry.gif (Do you think this looks like me?)
GinnyP
QUOTE (Drie @ Oct 20 2003, 04:47 PM)
Question for Ginny in Nil -

You carried Hope fairly easily (yes, she did come early, but you were under a lot of stress at the time . . .), you have another child, but everyone seems concerned with the pending birth of your third child. Are you okay? Is the baby okay? Or is this a question to be answered (soon?) in Home?

I'm pretty much ok, just a LOT frustrated right now because I'm not really supposed to be doing anything much and there's AGES left to go with this pregnancy. Harry's being great, but he just drives me up the wall with his fussing and fretting. Although I suppose he has good reason.

We've had a couple of near misses with this baby, but it seems to be hanging on in there for now. We knew it wasn't going to be easy, not after last time... Harry didn't want to try again. It was me who did and now I'm putting him through all this...

It's difficult to talk about it, but you'll find out more in time...

alphaomega.gif
Drie
Although I suppose he has good reason.

We've had a couple of near misses with this baby, but it seems to be hanging on in there for now. We knew it wasn't going to be easy, not after last time... Harry didn't want to try again. It was me who did and now I'm putting him through all this...

It's difficult to talk about it, but you'll find out more in time...

alphaomega.gif

Thanks Ginny, but that's a pretty evil tease! thumbup1.gif

Looking forward to reading more . . . I've never been a patient gal. bag.gif
Willow
so i have a question for snape.....(hopes hes calmed down from our last encounter)

dont you ever get tired of teaching potions and want to leave and get married or something?

hershey
For Molly from Nil

From one mother to another, please do tell what you said in your Howler ranting.gif to the Sorting Hat .

Awaiting an inferno with much thanks,

Hershey
bart
I'd like to ask Professor Snape, what he thinks of Hopes obvious skills should they be applied properly of course and nurtured by fine teachers such as yourself, I mean what happened at the breakfast table and afterwards was wrong, but for a first year?
Julephenia
Questions for Harry in "Nil":

How is it that you are *so* like my father? Can you teach other fathers to be that lovely? Was it a shock that Hope was in Slytherin, or did you think that might happen? What if she had been put in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw?

I'll stop now!

wink.gif

Becky, dead tired
Severus_Snape
QUOTE (Lily_P @ Oct 20 2003, 05:36 PM)
so i have a question for snape.....(hopes hes calmed down from our last encounter)

dont you ever get tired of teaching potions and want to leave and get married or something?

You again?

I suggest you concentrate on trying to bring your Potions mark up to an acceptable level rather than frittering your time away on such nonsensical speculation about my private affairs.

Nothing delights me more than seeing insufferable students in detention...
Willow
thats all good for you to answer like that but if you havent noticed its 'question the characters' you should anser me, not be rude wink.gif

besides its not like i dont try in potions cos i do. tongue.gif
Severus_Snape
QUOTE (bart @ Oct 20 2003, 09:56 PM)
I'd like to ask Professor Snape, what he thinks of Hopes obvious skills should they be applied properly of course and nurtured by fine teachers such as yourself, I mean what happened at the breakfast table and afterwards was wrong, but for a first year?

Are you suggesting that a wrong act can be mitigated by excuses? You must be a Gryffindor.

Yes, the girl has talent, but without discipline, raw talent is worse than useless. As she is in my house, I intend to ensure she learns to regulate herself and her magic in the future. We will be having no more of this idiocy she has shown thus far.
Molly_Weasley
QUOTE (hershey @ Oct 20 2003, 07:17 PM)
For Molly from Nil

From one mother to another, please do tell what you said in your Howler  ranting.gif  to the Sorting Hat .

Awaiting an inferno with much thanks,

Hershey

Oh my dear, I was just so furious when we read Hope's letter. What that hat had done to the poor little mite just didn't bear thinking about. It should have known better; it really should. Weasleys have been in Gryffindor for generations and Hope's as much Weasley as she is anything else. You know how it feels, dear. You've got boys of your own and you'd stand up for them too.

I think I've got a copy of the Howler somewhere. Now let me see.

HOGWARTS SORTING HAT!

HOW DARE YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT? YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO THE NAME OF MAGICAL OBJECTS.

SORTING HAT? YOU COULDN'T SORT A PACK OF CARDS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. HOW YOU'VE SORTED GENERATIONS OF CHILDREN IS A MYSTERY TO ME. THE FOUNDERS WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LEFT THEIR BRAINS INSIDE YOUR HEAD, BUT IT LOOKS MORE LIKE A PUDDLE OF BLANCMANGE FROM WHERE I'M STANDING.

PUTTING MY PRECIOUS GRANDDAUGHTER IN SLYTHERIN? MAKING HER CRY HER HEART OUT? HOW COULD YOU? YOU'D BETTER WATCH YOUR STEP BECAUSE THE NEXT TIME I'M ANYWHERE NEAR THAT CASTLE I'M GOING TO HUNT YOU DOWN AND UNPICK YOUR SEAMS AND SEE JUST HOW MUCH SORTING YOU CAN DO THEN. FORGET SORTING OTHER PEOPLE: SORT YOURSELF OUT INSTEAD.
bart
Remind me never to get on the wrong side of you Mrs Weasley *gulps*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.