Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to list, and problems already
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > Questions and Answers
rdehwyll
Hello, all--
I've only recently found the fanfiction at gryffindoretower.net, (biggrin.gif) joined up to read more, and being immediately hooked, (notworthy.gif) along with my penchant for bibliophilia (That's collecting the written word obsessively) I want to access ALL the stories -- however, for some reason, I cant get anything but the first chapters; all the links lead to a 'page not found' . This is EXCEEDINGLY frustrating.( ranting.gif ) Can anyone help?

Robert Waldbauer
rdehwyll@yahoo.com
bart
I don't thnk Imogens got round to updating the drop down menus to the new system here at elenarda, you could try nothing up the numbers in the address bar by one as a tempory measure ie ...home01.php to home02.php and so on...
Imogen
Bart's right. It was a bit of an oversight when we switched the site over to this new system yesterday. I'm updating the drop down menus right now. Alpha and Omega should work, and so should Carpe Diem...

Working onwards...

Imogen smile.gif
Imogen
'Home is where the heart is' should be all linked up now. I'm doing 'Nil Desperandum' next...

Imogen teehee.gif
nome
It all seems to be running, now. smile.gif All hail Imogen, who stayed up late to fix it!

Nome notworthy.gif
Imogen
tongue.gif

I think it's all working now. If anyone finds something that isn't working, please can they yell and let me know?

*waves hello to Robert*

Imogen smile.gif
rdehwyll
biggrin.gif It's Working! Huzzah! biggrin.gif

Thank you, everyone! Sometimes it just takes a "little" squeak to get the grease!
(Of course, there have been times on other sites when the wheel needed to freeze up on the axle...)

Another query, though -- Any objections to my downloading the stories for my personal library?

And a suggestion: Since I have enjoyed so many of your stories from the GT site, the thought occurred to me that they may well be enjoyed by a LARGER audience -- Perhaps you could inquire about donating selected short stories (or better yet, the ENTIRE collection) to Project Gutenberg? Project Gutenberg
They offer FREE downloadable books, almost 6,000 in text format (and some collections of art and music) -- a lot that are out of print and most out of copyright, with some exceptions donated by thier authors.

Robert
Imogen
Hi Robert,

If you want to print any of the fanfic stories out, then please go for it. That's fine by me as long as they stay as my stories and aren't changed or passed off as anything else.

On the internet, I usually suggest people just link to me. I'm not going anywhere and it seems a shame to take up someone else's webspace and bandwidth when a link would do.

As for the original things, I'd prefer it if they weren't reproduced anywhere. There aren't many of them yet, but I do have some to go up and there's the November challenge to draft a novel. I'll be posting that online, but I'd be really grateful if people didn't keep a copy of that.

I know Project Gutenberg well - it's a fabulous place, but unfortunately fanfiction is very much playing in someone else's world, and in my case I'm dependent on JKR's grace and good will to be able to do this. It's great fun, but that's all it is really. Original stories are something quite different.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Imogen smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.