Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leave of Absence
Harry and Ginny > Make Yourself At Home > General discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
nome
This thread can be used by anybody for the same purpose, but I just wanted to drop a line saying that I'll be gone for three weeks starting tomorrow. I will have internet for the second and third weeks, but can say nothing about whether I will have time to get on. Hope y'all have a wonderful summer, and I hope to see you on AIM or some such if I make it to a comp.

Best wishes, and toodles!

Nome
Yoda
Christmas time is here again a.k.a. Yoda stuck at home with no internet time is here again! I'm only gone for 4 weeks but felt you should all be told. This is as opposed to the normal 4 weeks of me just not posting anything!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, A Happy New Year and amidst all of that General Excitement!

See you next year!

Yoda, going home biggrin.gif (yay! I miss my cats)
Willow
aaw poo, i missed yoda posts when he was leaving! oh well, farewell to yode for a time! biggrin.gif

Jennie hug.gif
Della_Luna
I'm gonna be gone from tomorrow (Friday the 18th) afternoon until Tuesday the 23rd.

I expect you all to help hockeygod and Drie keep the Word Association thread alive while I'm gone! tongue.gif

Talk to you guys when I get back!!!

~DL
Willow
QUOTE (Della_Luna @ Dec 19 2003, 02:54 AM)
I expect you all to help hockeygod and Drie keep the Word Association thread alive while I'm gone!

What is she trying to imply? that we never post in that thread? shame on her laugh.gif
Della_Luna
QUOTE (Willow @ Dec 19 2003, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (Della_Luna @ Dec 19 2003, 02:54 AM)
I expect you all to help hockeygod and Drie keep the Word Association thread alive while I'm gone!

What is she trying to imply? that we never post in that thread? shame on her laugh.gif

I didn't mean to offend anyone bag.gif

I was just saying that hockeygod and I post a lot.

Can you ever forgive me? sad.gif

~DL

PS I'm back from my trip! biggrin.gif
Willow
orite ill forgive you.... laugh.gif

Good Trip?
Robert
You'll be forgiven just as soon as you finish serving your detention with Prof Snape. I believe he has some dragon's livers to be diced up.

Robert thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif
Della_Luna
I had a great trip despite the utter lack of sleep! I made tons of new friends but i missed my computer crybaby.gif !!!

And Robert, that detention was so disgusting and painful but I'll consider it as a fair punishment...I guess.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!

~DL

Edit to add that I missed my dog also...and my family !
nome
Heh.

Will anybody object if I post a post-leave-of-absence announcement? *eyedart*

I've been missing for about two months, and I expect the newest people here might not know me... I'm Nome, (used to be) beta-person and bowling ball queen of the world (mwahah... 0wn3d!). Sorry I've been gone so long RL -- school, family, organizing my life, learning to drive, trying to graduate -- just kind of took over.

But I hope to make any ex-lurker/newbies aquaintances soon!

Nome
Imogen
Hey! Glad you're back. It means I can do my next chapter now wink.gif

*coughs about her own procrastination*

Good to see you!

Imogen biggrin.gif
bart
Welcome back Nome 061.gif, though you have some serius posting to do to catch up with some of the newbies biggrin.gif

bart
Willow
WeLcOmE BaCk NoMe! 061.gif teehee.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif
Drie
hug.gif Yay! I was wondering what happened to you. Missed ya! 061.gif
nome
*feels incredibly loved* I expected at least half of y'all to never notice I'd been gone!

And it's great to be back, especially with all the new smileys to play with. 105.gif
nome
QUOTE (bart @ Feb 2 2004, 08:59 AM)
you have some serius posting to do to catch up with some of the newbies biggrin.gif

...for the record, may I say how incredibly scary it is that we have people with 2000+ posts?
Robert
Thats why hockeygod's parents banned him from the computer until he got a job!

Robert laugh.gif laugh.gif

BTW nome, check over at mugglenet, several of the HP stars (not the trio) are going to be in CA in March. maybe you can get there.

nome
*hyperventilates* Now I wish I hadn't moved from OC. The signing's in Santa Ana.

Well, it's only a little under 2 hours drive.... devil.gif And Drie might be able to make it, too! She lives in around Pasadena, IIRC, which is a bit closer, I think...

And it would give me an opportunity to wear my Chirstmas-gift-to-myself (a hand-made, by me, Gryffindor scarf. Although, made according to measurements someone supplied from studying the movie, my incredibly loose gauge means it ended up nine feet long. perfect size. My best friend got a slightly smaller Slytherin one for her birthday.) and not get so many weird looks!

Nome, plotting.
Drie
QUOTE (nome @ Feb 5 2004, 10:22 AM)
*hyperventilates* Now I wish I hadn't moved from OC. The signing's in Santa Ana.

Well, it's only a little under 2 hours drive.... devil.gif And Drie might be able to make it, too! She lives in around Pasadena, IIRC, which is a bit closer, I think...

*squeals as quitely as she can while sitting at her desk at work*

Details Nome -- I'd love to come!

I also have a homemade Gryffindor scarf that a friend made for me a few years back. Would be awesome to see you there.
Robert
All the info is posted at MuggleNet.com Drie.

Robert laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Drie
Ah, thank you Robart. Robert is good, Robert is wise! wink.gif
bart
QUOTE (Drie @ Feb 5 2004, 08:51 PM)
Ah, thank you Robart.

A Robert/Bart Hybrid now that is scary ohmy.gif
Robert
Robert is also sneaky & wondering when anybody is going to spot what he's up to.

Robert devil.gif devil.gif
bart
user posted image

Points Subtly at Roberts Sig Line biggrin.gif

Do you think this may help Robert? whistling.gif

bart
Drie
QUOTE (bart @ Feb 5 2004, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (Drie @ Feb 5 2004, 08:51 PM)
Ah, thank you Robart.

A Robert/Bart Hybrid now that is scary ohmy.gif

blushing.gif laugh.gif You're right -- that is scary! At least this time my typo didn't result in the filter of Ron Language. sly.gif

Ah, Mr. Robert, methinks you are planning something very sly . . . devil.gif
nome
You're a mean one, Robert dear,
With your withered, blackened heart.
You're as kind as Mrs. Norris
You are even worse than Bart
Robert dear.

You're a conniving bouncing ferret
With a mental head start.

*bows*

Nome, feeling silly.
Robert
Thank you Bart, as usual, you are excellent at marketing fing05.gif

Ah, Mr. Robert, methinks you are planning something very sly . .

Drie dear,

I honestly have no idea why 86 pages & 23,059 words would make you think I was up to something. Really now. whistling.gif whistling.gif

Nome,

LOVE IT!!! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! bag.gif

Robert devil.gif devil.gif
off to write about the duel.
Roxanne
Hi, y'all -

Just wanted to let you know that I'm being distracted by real-life (or as real as mine ever gets) and so haven't been hanging around as much lately.

I started a new job Feb. 2. I was at my old job for 21 years and 8 months, so this is kind of a BIG DEAL for me! Also, it's in another town, so right now I'm doing a hour+ commute (that's one-way) until my husband and I can decide if we want to relocate or not.

I will check in as I can but probably not be posting as much - of course, I'm not in hockeygod's and Willow's league tongue.gif in regards to posting output anyway! notworthy.gif

I am hopeful that things will calm down fairly soon. The new job is going well so far (my internal pragmatist is reminding me it's only been a week!) Wish me luck!

Drie
QUOTE (Roxanne @ Feb 6 2004, 07:56 AM)
The new job is going well so far (my internal pragmatist is reminding me it's only been a week!) Wish me luck!

Good luck! I'm sending you as many pretty pink and blue thoughts as possible. I'm sure you're doing better than expected! fing34.gif
Della_Luna
In case I forget to post this (very likely) I'm not going to be here from Monday until probably Thursday.

Since I have this week off as 'Ski Week' it seems most fitting that my family and I are going to...you guessed it...Disney.

Happy posting everyone!

~DL, who is afraid of big roller coasters yet has to go on them for her sister bag.gif
Robert
That makes two of us. DL I won't be around for a while, at least as far as posting goes. I've got some personal issues to deal with and until then I won't be posting very often although I will be checking in nightly to see whats happening.

This doesn't mean that I will be stopping work on INVICTUS (now at 111 pages). I just need some time to sort out some personal stuff.

Hockeygod, you're in charge. Have fun.

Robert thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif
hockeygod
THAT IS SCARY!!! Robert has put me in charge! Aye, sir. I'll do what is needed.
Smanda
Yeah, I probably won't post as much as I used to, I am getting REALLY busy. I hope I can at least post everyother day, you guys will have to keep me posted, get it posts and keep me posted! Ah, I make myself laugh.
hockeygod
Since I am now, working, I won't be posting at full power, but I think I'll be on just about everyday, at some point.
Imogen
This week is going to be a nightmare at work. I'll try and pop online, but you probably won't see me much before the weekend.

Have a good week everyone smile.gif

Imogen smile.gif
Della_Luna
ohmy.gif That is me realizing how little I've been posting and wallbash.gif that is me injuring myself over homework. That's pretty much what has been going on: teachers assign homework, I procrastinate, I finally do homework, I don't sleep. Not too much time for posting in between and I apologize for that. I'll try to get back into my 'usual' swing of things but that could take a few days, months, years...who knows.

Does school ever get better after freshman year?

~DL wallbash.gif

PS: Glad to see that Yoda has found both his head and his light saber! wink.gif
hockeygod
Sorry, DL, but it gets harder after freshman year, because the work is more involved and because along comes a job.
Robert
Ah HA! I knew that reality check would get cashed! Welcome to the real world HG! Now, just wait until you have a mortgage, wife, kids, car payments ect...

Robert devil.gif
Yoda
Well I'm glad to see my head and lightsabre are back, however I (as in me) am still missing something. That's right - Easter is here and I'll be missing my internet soon! I'm also going through a bit of a...madness with my housemates, so it's looking like I'm going home tomorrow, sooner than anyone expected. If any of you need to contact me from this point on (unless I'm on site, assume I've gone in other words) just pass a message to Quickhare who will get it to me by phone or a message.

Happy Easter to all,
Yoda
QuickHare
I'll be a Not-So-QuickHare as I am quite deep in work, but I will try my best.
Drie
Hi everyone,

So much time, so little to do . . . wait a minute. Scratch that. Reverse it.

Very busy times ahead for the next few weeks with work and I'm also in the process of moving. I'll pop in when I can, but there will be less and less of me overall. sad.gif When things calm down a bit, I'll be back!

~The Evil Auther~ (or whatever Bart has decided your name should be right now!), I promise to get a review to you soon. The second half of your story got packed into a box. As soon as I unearth it, I'll let you know what I think (though, I still say BRILLIANT so far!).

hug.gif to you all!

Bother!
Yoda
For anyone who hadn't noticed, I'm back! Wheeeeeeeeee!

Yoda, smile.gif
QuickHare
You haven't missed much.

Bárt has messed with the filters,
several stories have been completed,
new games have been tried out,
my avatar has changed twice,
as has my sig line,
and my member title,
many people have been scared to post because of the Bothering, Annoying and Really Toilsome (I have not named him, but you can work it out).

biggrin.gif Welcome back!
Della_Luna
I'm leaving early Thursday morning and coming back late Monday night and I will be far far away from a computer. Don't get too far ahead in the *insert number here* thing *insert person here* would never say threads. Just because I don't post on them doesn't mean that I don't read them everyday regardless of whether there is a new post or not. I'll type to you guys soon!

~DL
Della_Luna
Hey, it's me...again. I'm going away again but this time it's going to be for three weeks. THREE WEEKS!!! What am I going to miss?!? I'll miss you guys. I'm not leaving until Friday but this is incase I forget to post. I'm coming back July 4th.

Have a great beginning of the summer and don't get too far ahead Robert!

~DL hug.gif
Robert
Where you heading to DL? And don't worry about me, I'll just keep ducking the objects sockless keeps throwing and by the time your back, I should be at around 340 pages on the master file.

Robert
Della_Luna
I'm heading to Duke for a college program. I wanted to take a class on Harry Potter but aparently I'm too old. I'm not old enough to get on an airplane but I can't analyze Harry Potter with a group of people almost as insane as I am.

Don't worry Robert. You can borrow my "Random Flying Objects Sheild" It works most of the time!
Robert
Duke, huh? Well, just remember to stay away from East Carolina Univ. Delores Umbridge is currently hiding on campus in the guise of the school attorney Toi Carter!

So your too young for an HP class huh? Why not suggest tot eh English department that they consider a summer course on HP fanfict writing? Take along some stories to show them. Might be borth some brownie points.

Robert
Della_Luna
Actually I'm too old for the Harry Potter class.

Umbridge...I could've sworn she was at my school pretending to teach English. Same method: reading without application.
Drie
Hi -- out all weekend for a cousin's graduation. Hope everyone has a good one!

Smiles,
Drie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.