> Found Something Else On Sam
smile
post Jun 29 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #1

Puzzling things out

Group: Readers
Member No.: 5,577

last paragraph in Nil Desperandum ch titled Never Say Die:

The hall was in uproar as Professor Trelawney leapt to her feet, crying of terrible things and made a lolloping run for the door before anything worse could happen to her. Hope grabbed her wand and muttered a quick spell under her breath. She'd once learnt it from one of Dad's books and had used it every now and then to torment her brother. A dark puff of cloud broke away from the enchanted ceiling and drifted after the Divination teacher, beginning a light drizzle of rain on top of her as they passed into the corridor beyond.

I was going to let imogen know! smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Jun 29 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #2

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Whoops - I thought I'd got them all as well. That'll teach me not to read my own fics. Thank you smile.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
+Quote Post
smile
post Jun 29 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Puzzling things out

I LOVE YOUR STORIES!!!! theres something about sam on the next page too! great story though! when is the next chapter in "Home is where the Heart is" coming out????? I wanna read it! lol! icon_book2.gif
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Jun 29 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #4

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

It'll probably be out sometime in August, after I get 'A Pensieve Affair' finished up. I'll see how it goes, because I'll be writing an original as well, so I might take August off fanfic and get back to it in September. Will keep you posted.

cool.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
+Quote Post
smile
post Jun 29 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #5

Puzzling things out

how can i read The Pensive Affair? Im 19 and when i e-mailed te person who allows it, i never got a reply. if you can....HELP ME! i want to read all your fictions before the end of the summer and now i cant! sad.gif
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Jun 29 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #6

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

You should be able to read it now.

+Quote Post
smile
post Jun 29 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #7

Puzzling things out

THANK YOU!!! I have a question though.... in Nil Desperandum (what does it mean?) is Harry a seeker on a Quidditch team? Which one? WHats Ron & hermiones jobs? Does Ginny have one? Sorry for asking so much but i was just wondering!
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Jul 1 2006, 07:09 AM
Post #8

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Nil Desperandum means 'don't despair' - in other words 'don't give up hope' - which is a bit of a pun on Hope's name!

Harry's job is a little complicated. To all intents and purposes he plays as Seeker for the Montrose Magpies (hence Hope's supporting of them in 'A Pensieve Affair'), but there's actually a fair bit of undercover work he does for the Ministry as an Auror.

I never really pegged down Ron's job properly. Ron taught flying/Quidditch for a while after Madam Hooch died, but no longer does that. Hermione now runs the Magical Creatures department in the Ministry and has made a huge difference to their rights and the way people regard them. Ginny writes, novels and occasonal Prophet/Witch Weekly articles, but because she does that from home it's a mostly 'invisible' sort of job. I don't think it's made it into any of the stories.

+Quote Post
mynameisginny
post Aug 6 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #9

Through the mirror

Member No.: 8,231

I really want to read a Pensive Affair, but when i e-mailed admin, they said saturday, now its monday, im old enough to register and i'm bored out of my mind beacuse i've already read everyother story on this website. Please register me?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:43 AM