IPB

> Settings, Where's yours?
b4zookajules
post Aug 2 2003, 10:12 PM
Post #1

Stealing socks

Group: Members
Member No.: 67

My story is basically set in space. A simplified version of the storyline is that Earth becomes too big for us lot to live on, so a shuttle (named Nanowri - recognise it? wink.gif) is sent out with loads of humans on board, to explore space and find somewhere for them to live. Generations later, the originals've all died, and it's now the children's children of the original people who stepped onto the shuttle living there. But then something happens, the shuttle explodes, and my characters -- Lorna and Will - end up stranded on some random planet. The story is basically about their survival. ^_^

Man it sounds so shallow written like that. O_o But really, it is deeper. Honest. tongue.gif

My problem with this is that I've got to invent this planet, and everything about it. What light they have (this is generations away from Earth, so I think they're a bit far away from the Sun), gravity, temperature, living conditions... and it's basically a nightmare. I'm so glad I've started planning now, because I really didn't account for this when I first thought of the idea. tongue.gif

But when I get to the technical bits, I'll likely have to ask you guys for some advice, because really I haven't got much of a clue at the moment. tongue.gif You do the same!! Where are all of your stories set? Need any techie help with the places? smile.gif

-Jules. xxx

user posted image

Do you believe in the power of dreams? ~ Honda
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ancarett
post Sep 24 2003, 10:59 PM
Post #2

Professor Binns in training

Group: Members
Member No.: 85

Well, I will either dive into my major Harry Potter fanfiction story I've been plotting out the last year or do something original, in which case I would write a historical fantasy set in the court of Henry VIII. (Yes, I'm lazy. So there! tongue.gif )

The fanfiction has the advantage of being already plotted out as well as borrowing the HP settings. The historical fantasy is but in the barest stages of plotting (however, I still have a month) and I know the setting forwards and backwards (at least those parts I'm leaving historical).

I'll keep thinking about it. . . .

-- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
b4zookajules   Settings   Aug 2 2003, 10:12 PM
nome   Well, I've sort of described the setting in an...   Aug 3 2003, 06:46 AM
allie kiwi   Mine is gonig to be set in two places, since it re...   Aug 3 2003, 07:47 AM
rdehwyll   Another planet -- one where physical conditions ar...   Aug 9 2003, 07:13 PM
Elenarda   Mine's going to be partly set in the real worl...   Aug 9 2003, 08:33 PM
Shimmer   Wow, all of your stories sound really fascinating...   Aug 9 2003, 08:47 PM
LadyChi21   Mine takes place on a ranch in Montana. I've n...   Aug 10 2003, 09:42 PM
percival   I'm shooting for London - a place I know reaso...   Aug 11 2003, 10:21 AM
rdehwyll   Does anyone else have this problem? I had what I ...   Aug 12 2003, 12:02 AM
b4zookajules   Percival - I live *near* London, so if I can be of...   Aug 16 2003, 09:06 PM
Elenarda   I'm dreading forcing myself to write at this p...   Aug 16 2003, 09:22 PM
LadyChi21   Oh, we're making you stick to it, all right. W...   Aug 16 2003, 09:39 PM
percival   Jules, yes, that would be great - I'm planning...   Aug 17 2003, 03:24 PM
rdehwyll   AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!...   Aug 19 2003, 06:03 PM
Enna   Percival - I live in London and go in to the centr...   Aug 29 2003, 07:30 PM
LadyChi21   I've got to totally re-work my novel idea, bec...   Sep 7 2003, 03:17 AM
Kaleidoscope Eyes   My story is going to be set in a magical world cal...   Sep 20 2003, 11:15 AM
Isabella   Well, up until yesterday I had some bizarre idea t...   Sep 24 2003, 08:35 PM

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 04:43 PM