Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
> The NaNo's progress, How are you doing?
Drie
post Nov 12 2003, 12:34 AM
Post #46

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

jump.gif
Yay! I can partially climb up from the edge of the cliff . . . now I've got to work on Imogen!

thumbup1.gif

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ancarett
post Nov 12 2003, 01:15 AM
Post #47

Professor Binns in training

Group: Members
Member No.: 85

Today's wordcount stands at a mere 573. In my defense, I finally got my marking assistant to courier back the parts of the midterms he graded so I'm collating tests, recording grades and getting it all together instead of getting to play. Back to the marking so I can hopefully bump up my wordcount later (though when it comes to editing time in December I am going to throw out most of chapter three -- blech!).

-- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 12 2003, 07:16 AM
Post #48

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I had a bad day yesterday as well. I managed 1200 words before I fell asleep (hence the lack of posting), so I'm going to have to catch up a lot tonight.

Good news is that I've not got a full day teaching today so I shouldn't be as tired.

Well done to Shimmer!

Keep going everyone. We can do it!

Imogen smile.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 12 2003, 08:53 PM
Post #49

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

I;ve got to confess, I'm really struggling right now. It's not so much the plot or the ideas, but it's a desperate lack of time. I'm working, I'm trying to pack up the house so we can move, I've got my thesis and I'm trying to do NaNoWriMo.

I feel like I'm about to crack.

I can do it. I can....

Imogen blink.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
+Quote Post
Drie
post Nov 12 2003, 09:09 PM
Post #50

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

QUOTE (Elenarda @ Nov 12 2003, 12:53 PM)
I'm working, I'm trying to pack up the house so we can move, I've got my thesis and I'm trying to do NaNoWriMo.

I feel like I'm about to crack.

I can do it. I can....

Imogen blink.gif

Imogen, you don't also go by the name Hermione Granger, do you? I think it is fair to cut yourself a lot of slack during the week!

Good luck with everything . . . wish I could be of more help. hug.gif

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Shimmer
post Nov 12 2003, 10:26 PM
Post #51

Stealing socks

Member No.: 52

Aww, Imogen! I know you can do it! And besides youre really on track, a day or two won't through you off that much! You still have at least twice as much as I do...*gulps*
Hang in there, you'll be fine! I promise!

Shimmer~at work, no time to write, oh god. ermm.gif

"I give myself very good advice...but I very seldom follow it"
-Alice in Wonderland

Leaving , a novel in progress...(key word, progress.)
+Quote Post
nome
post Nov 13 2003, 06:19 AM
Post #52

Queen of the Bowling Alley

Group: Betas
Member No.: 8

It's kind of sad when I'm very happy to be a procrastinator.

I've been reasonably busy for the past while, but I HAVE had enough time to write. I just don't. I don't know if it's disinterest, lack of motivation, distraction with the writing I desperately want to do on my other work, or depression and the fact that deep in my gut I know I'm not going to even come close to finishing, but I just haven't done anything.

So I count it as procrastination, and I'm starting to think of it in the manner 'if I don't do it, the month will end and it will be too late'.

*reads what she just wrote* shoot. sorry for dumping. ignore my angsty, introspective whinging.

Y'all are doing so well! I'm so proud of all of you. I hope you're having fun!

Anybody got a dorf man yet?

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." - Mark Twain

Nome's LJ
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 13 2003, 07:25 AM
Post #53

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Yeah, you're right. As long as I do a fair bit every weekend I should be ok - especially as there are three weekends left before NaNo finishes. I can write 8000 words in a weekend, so realistically, even if I don't write at all during the week I'd come very close to finishing.

It's not unachievable... or I hope it's not... ARGH!

Imogen wallbash.gif must do some writing wallbash.gif must do some writing wallbash.gif

Yes, Bart's got the Dorf man in one of his early chapters! Very impressive! We've also both got random vegetables in our stories laugh.gif

+Quote Post
b4zookajules
post Nov 13 2003, 08:14 PM
Post #54

Stealing socks

Member No.: 67

I'm now 20 000 words through, just about hanging onto finishing on time. XD

The dorf man!! Argh, I've totally forgotten about him. XD I think I know how I can stick him into this next chapter... he'll eat up another few hundred words at least, anyway. wink.gif Alli managed to get him into her story though, in a way that actually made sense to her plot!! laugh.gif *very impressed*

Hope you're all doing good biggrin.gif

xxx

user posted image

Do you believe in the power of dreams? ~ Honda
+Quote Post
Shimmer
post Nov 14 2003, 12:19 AM
Post #55

Stealing socks

I broke the 10,000 word mark! I'm now the proud owner of 10,223 words! I know it's still behind where I need to be, but it's still exciting!

Shimmer teehee.gif

-Alice in Wonderland

+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 14 2003, 06:56 AM
Post #56

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

I'm going to blister through a lot of words this weekend to catch up again. I'm having real problems getting any writing done mid-week, especially when I know I should be packing.

I'll post the end of chapter 5 tonight and there'll be at least 2 chapters posted over the weekend. I've GOT to sort my life out!

Imogen smile.gif

+Quote Post
bart
post Nov 16 2003, 04:11 PM
Post #57

Who me?
Group Icon

Member No.: 62

Talking of blistering trough lots of words...

Just shy of 2500 words in todays first update and I am hoping to blast though another 1500 or so today, so Drie can keep her fingernails intact from the rather nasty cliffehanger at the end of it devil.gif

bart
[Theres life outside of NaNoWriMo? Where? Where? Show me!, Show Me!]
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 16 2003, 05:48 PM
Post #58

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

I'm having a lot of problems right now - mostly because I'm trying to pack the house up for the move and it's not leaving enough time for the writing I've got to do. I wanted to get 2 chapters written this weekend, and I've not quite finished chapter 6 yet. It'll be done before bed and I'll be just past the 25,000 mark.

I can see two options: I either blaze through the remaining words in a week or so, or I stop until we've actually relocated and take the same time that remains in NaNo and finish it off then.

It's a tough call, but I think I'm going to have to take a break now. Mostly because moving house is never fun anyway, but it's twice as difficult with 3 small kids (including one with autism!) We're off in less than 3 weeks and I'm nowhere near getting anything organised. The books are packed, but that's about it...

wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

No final decision yet. Maybe I'll just have an insane week of writing?

Imogen smile.gif

+Quote Post
bart
post Nov 16 2003, 09:30 PM
Post #59

Who me?
Group Icon

Member No.: 62

And 1206 in the second update, so am now standing at an unbelievable [at least to me, anyway] 24583 words.

*falls over**
bart
+Quote Post
Shimmer
post Nov 18 2003, 02:33 AM
Post #60

Stealing socks

Okay, so I have 15,000 words. I'm proud of myself. But that means that I have 35,000 words to write in 13 days. *dies*

Shimmer

-Alice in Wonderland

+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:09 AM