Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

> WW 31/08/04, Don't fortget now, 15 Minutes only!
bart
post Aug 31 2004, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Who me?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 62

Equal
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Jerry
post Aug 31 2004, 07:59 PM
Post #2

Aerials

Group: Readers
Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE (Highlight if you wish)
I apologize if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes  wink.gif

As the sun peered out over the horizon, bathing the dawn in golden light, Kim tightened her hold on Merissa, sighed to herself, and continued walking. She had been a sole survivor, a single memory, an only relic left from the tremendous disaster that had struck the previous night. She could still not believe how a single bolt of lightning had caused it all about. It seemed like it was just a minute ago, when she witnessed her beloved town engulfed in flames...

It was a day like any other, minus the heavy downpour of rain outside, soaking the forage bushes and corn crops. Kim stoked up the wood in the fire, tended to the cottage, and made sure the two dogs received equal portions of food, lest a fight would break out. Sending her three-year-old Merissa to bed after dinner, she went over to the kettle and poured some water into a cup. She rummaged in her drawers and came up with a dusty, grimy tea-bag, which she put in her cup for three seconds, then withdrew, so it would continue to last, like it had before. With an audible sigh, she plopped down on a shabby chair. "Life is not easy being a single mother", she thought to herself wearily. "It makes day-to-day tasks all the more difficult", she noted silently. She may have wallowed a bit more in self-pity, but just then a particularly violent flash of lightning hit a nearby tree. Jumping to her feet and chancing a glance outside the door, she saw, with horror, the condemned tree fall upon a house nearby. Stifling a cry, she threw caution to the winds and ran to try and help the trapped people inside, but it was too late. The tree fell right over the fireplace, which begun to grow in size and heat, spreading to nearby huts and sheds, devouring everything in its path. Hurrying back to her home that was starting to smoke, she grabbed her child, slipped a few coins into her pocket and ran. Ran away from the heat, from the smoke, from the heart-wrenching sight of seeing the place where she grew up consumed in a whirlwind of flames...

Trying to push these thoughts away, she clumped Merissa tight to her chest, and kept walking. She did not look back once. The smouldering remains of her town were part of a life she no longer had... or will have.

~ M.C.

Proud Member of the I.S.D.

“Hey Harry!” said Cedric, strolling up to him. “Did you hear those screams? I almost died!... Is that David Bowie?”
“Never mind that, look!” the American exchange student exclaimed. “I found the Triwizard cup! It’s mine! All mine! I’ll finally get the fame and glory and honor I deserve!”
“Stupefy,” said Harry. The American exchange student dropped to the ground, stunned.
“Woah!” Cedric exclaimed in astonishment. “You can do magic?!”
“Come on, Cedric,” Harry sighed. “We’d better take this together. You know, so Draco Malfoy won’t think I’m selfish. I really want to get with him, you know.”

-- Silver Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Omelette of Desire

IPB Image Rabbits Have Rights!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
bart   WW 31/08/04   Aug 31 2004, 07:15 PM
Jerry   RE: WW 31/08/04   Aug 31 2004, 07:59 PM
bart   RE: WW 31/08/04   Sep 2 2004, 08:21 PM
Yoda   RE: WW 31/08/04   Sep 2 2004, 10:18 PM
PhredthePineappleEater   RE: WW 31/08/04   Sep 3 2004, 12:46 AM
QuickHare   It all just stopped. Time, his heart, the class...   Sep 4 2004, 12:12 PM

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 08:34 PM