> A Request, Please read...
Imogen
post Feb 14 2004, 02:32 PM
Post #1

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I know I've not been around as much as I would have liked to have been lately, and on the times when I have been able to drop by, I've not been able to keep up with the threads properly.

Please can I ask that people don't use the general threads as 'chat' conversations, with instant posting one after another to have a conversation. I don't actually mind you using the boards for this, but I can't keep up if you do it in every thread. I know I'm not the only one having problems with it - a few of us 'oldies' are struggling!

I've set up (and pinned) a chat thread in the games sub-forum, and you can IM-style chat in there all you want. Or there's the site chatroom you can use as well.
All I ask is please, please try your best to keep it out of the other threads!

Hope I don't sound too irritable and ratty about it - I'd like for everyone to keep having fun here smile.gif

Cheers!

Imogen smile.gif (off to finish writing the next chapter!)

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Feb 14 2004, 04:40 PM
Post #2

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Just to clarify - I don't mean that you can't have a bit of friendly banter and stuff on threads - that's absolutely great. What I'm hoping we can avoid is one or two word posts between a couple of people that don't really tie in with what the thread's about and is just like them chatting in real time on instant messenger.

Hope you understand what I mean...

*worries*

Imogen huh.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:45 AM