> Urgh
Imogen
post Apr 5 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #1

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I'm rewriting chapter whatever-the-next-one-is and I'm seriously lacking in impetus. It's taken an hour to write half a page.

Any cheering along or kicking much appreciated. I need to get this finished and posted for tomorrow.

blushing.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Windsong
post Apr 5 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #2

Ten Pin Bowling

Group: Readers
Member No.: 4,696

*Cracks whip*

Write woman, write!

We need more!

Oh, OK - pretty please?
wink.gif

'Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'

'Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for it makes them soggy, and hard to light'
+Quote Post
bart
post Apr 5 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #3

Who me?
Group Icon

Member No.: 62

Aims BunnyCannon™ lights fuse and stands back.
+Quote Post
hockeygod
post Apr 5 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #4

String Theory Rocks my World!

Member No.: 1,853

*swift kick to the shins* Does that help? *realizes I kicked the table and my toe hurts*

~ B.M.
Proud Member of the I.S.D.!!!

IPB Image hockeygod

I'm a Math Geek and it makes me happy!!!

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."~Aristotle

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."~Henry Van Dyke

"Life is wasted on the living."~Douglas Adams

"Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together."~Georg C. Lichtenberg
+Quote Post
lonelyzephyr83
post Apr 6 2006, 03:59 AM
Post #5

Puzzling things out

Member No.: 4,842

I'm very late to this, but I'm gonna opt for butt-kissing tongue.gif .....you're an amazing writer! superb and totally beyond what I'll ever be capable of, and I am so jealous of you for that fact. wub.gif I wish I could be half the write you are! crybaby.gif (my saddness that I shall never reach our caliber) I bow down to you, I kiss your feet in a non-Voldemort kind of way. drool.gif You are forever my better...I am indebted to you for sharing your talent with me.......now get to work!! devil.gif wink.gif

Hope you had a laugh with that....all fun with intended smile.gif
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Apr 6 2006, 05:44 AM
Post #6

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

It's getting there. I've got two more pages to go and we're done for posting. I'm not sure how good it is though - it feels all wrong to me. Maybe I should have just stuck to the original version blink.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
+Quote Post
hockeygod
post Apr 6 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #7

String Theory Rocks my World!

Member No.: 1,853

I'm sure that it is excellent. Stop selling yourself short Miss Imogen; we love your writing.

~ B.M.
Proud Member of the I.S.D.!!!

IPB Image hockeygod

I'm a Math Geek and it makes me happy!!!

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."~Aristotle

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."~Henry Van Dyke

"Life is wasted on the living."~Douglas Adams

"Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together."~Georg C. Lichtenberg
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Apr 6 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #8

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

tongue.gif

It's not finished yet. I could post the original version today, but it definitely needs the addition. Looks like peopl are going to have to be patient for another 24 hours...

Sorry.

*guilt*

+Quote Post
lonelyzephyr83
post Apr 6 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Puzzling things out

icon_book2.gif looks like I'll have to find something else to fill my obsession today, crybaby.gif how could you do this!!??
haha just kidding teu45.gif take your time, we love you!!! wub.gif
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Apr 6 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #10

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Yeah, but that's what makes be feel guilty crybaby.gif

If it's any consolation it's the chapter after the one I'm currently rewriting that you REALLY want to get your hands on. And that's (ironically) ready to post.

crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif

+Quote Post
Windsong
post Apr 6 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #11

Ten Pin Bowling

Ooh - now stop teasing!

We'll be patient.

*grits teeth*

'Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'

'Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for it makes them soggy, and hard to light'
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Apr 6 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #12

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Well, Hope shagging the barman in the hotel over the snooker table was quite a revelation wink.gif

Seriously, I'm almost done - with the wind behind me and a savage nibble from the bunnies you'll get it tomorrow. My beta readers are FAB at getting stuff turned around on a pin!

+Quote Post
Windsong
post Apr 6 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #13

Ten Pin Bowling

Hey, if you go doing things like that, I'll post the version of 'Who left that pensieve out' complete with what Ginny REALLY got up to!

devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

+Quote Post
lonelyzephyr83
post Apr 7 2006, 02:27 AM
Post #14

Puzzling things out

can I just say I love the smilies on this board? I just wanna scoop em up and use them all everywhere! Anyhoos...yea, we're all gonna be good little boys and girls and wait patiently. Aww, poor Imogen...don't feel guilty (sorry if my ideas of getting you motivated backfired blushing.gif) This is one of your babies, take the time to get it just right fing05.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:46 PM