Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
> Least favorite Harry Potter character and why.
USMCDevilDog
post Apr 24 2004, 04:30 PM
Post #1

A proud Marine Corporal and fanfic writer

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,085

While we love some of the characters, there are also some who we wouldn't mind strangling. But there's only a few that I don't like.

Bellatrix: because of what she did to Neville's parents and for killing Sirius.

Crouch Sr: I know his intentions were good but he took it too far.

Wormtail: I don't like people who'd betray their friends. Espescially double-agents.

Fudge: It's disgusting what a person would do to make himself look good so he can stay in power.

Saepius Exertus Semper Fidelis Frater Infinitas
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Della_Luna
post Apr 24 2004, 07:19 PM
Post #2

I never claimed to know what I was talking about!

Member No.: 2,306

My friend and I actually created a list of the top people who we want to hurt as of OotP. I would post it but there's some strong language involved teu45.gif

user posted image Della Luna

Proud member of the Orly is Better than Hilary Duff and the Olsen Twins Club!

Member of the Math is Cool Club!

Member of the Society of Professional Procrastinators

What I've Learnt From Hilary Duff:
"If the light is off, then it isn't on."

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore."
~Captain Jack Sparrow
+Quote Post
Ignotus
post Aug 24 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #3

Part of the furnishings

Member No.: 3,314

Who do I hate? A lot of people. Who do I like? A lot of people. Why? Just. Don't. Ask. Read the books. They should explain everything.

Remember when Jo said there was a chace for redemption for Peter? Well, I hope not. I hope he dies in agony instead. I don't won't him to kill Remus. I mean, it's obvious why Voldermort gave Peter a *silver* hand of all things.

As for Bellatrix, who do you think deserves to kill her? Neville or Harry?
+Quote Post
pdlegirl
post Sep 1 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #4

Go banana!

Member No.: 3,356

Least favorite HP character? Crabbe and Goyle

Why? They're blobs. Dumb, ugly, pointless sidekicks.

And who should kill Bellatrix? I think Neville. Harry's got enough going on with that Voldemort fellow. wink.gif Anyway, good ole Neville deserves some revenge himself...don't you think?
+Quote Post
Yoda
post Sep 1 2004, 11:14 PM
Post #5

I'm co-ordinating internationally!... help!

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 50

Should anyone have to kill Bellatrix or Voldemort? Remember in 'Order of the Phoenix' that Dumbledore tries to take Voldemort alive. For Harry or Neville to kill someone, at such a young age...well, JKR said the books were getting darker. With all her 'no books beyond book seven' speech (which I love!) it does make you wonder if Harry will manage to kill Voldemort, or if he'll die. And if he does, fine, he's managed not to kill - a trait worthy of any hero.

Yoda, 'action sequences a specialty' ~ a review of my stuff!

Elyoda on the NaNoWriMo website

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jerry
post Sep 1 2004, 11:23 PM
Post #6

Aerials

Group: Readers
Member No.: 3,207

With all her 'no books beyond book seven' speech (which I love!) it does make you wonder if Harry will manage to kill Voldemort, or if he'll die.

Right, Yoda, but won't Harry dying mean that everyone is doomed for all eternity? (unless the prophecy means something else, of course.)

As for my least favorite characters, it's gotta be (in order):

Voldemort
Umbridge
Wormtail
B. Lestrange
Fudge

~ M.C.

Proud Member of the I.S.D.

“Hey Harry!” said Cedric, strolling up to him. “Did you hear those screams? I almost died!... Is that David Bowie?”
“Never mind that, look!” the American exchange student exclaimed. “I found the Triwizard cup! It’s mine! All mine! I’ll finally get the fame and glory and honor I deserve!”
“Stupefy,” said Harry. The American exchange student dropped to the ground, stunned.
“Woah!” Cedric exclaimed in astonishment. “You can do magic?!”
“Come on, Cedric,” Harry sighed. “We’d better take this together. You know, so Draco Malfoy won’t think I’m selfish. I really want to get with him, you know.”

-- Silver Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Omelette of Desire

IPB Image Rabbits Have Rights!
+Quote Post
Yoda
post Sep 1 2004, 11:34 PM
Post #7

I'm co-ordinating internationally!... help!

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Jerry @ Sep 2 2004, 12:23 AM)
Right, Yoda, but won't Harry dying mean that everyone is doomed for all eternity? (unless the prophecy means something else, of course.)

Y'see, this is where my philosophising comes into it (oh no!). Consider the words of the prophecy:

'But neither can live while the others survives

Now, while Voldemort was 'dead' to the world (excepting wizards who thought along Hagrid's lines i.e. Dumbledore & his crowd) did Harry have a life of his own?

PS/SS - his first year as a wizard - thwarted Voldemort - against his will? maybe...

CoS - his second year - thwarted Tom Riddle/Voldemort - again, he was drawn into it

PoA - Harry's third year - tackles Voldemort's servant(s) - Sirius (probably without intent) drew Harry into the search for the truth/Pettigrew

GoF - the fourth year - Hello! Voldemort returns!

OotP - the fifth year - Harry, through dreams, is manipulated by Voldemort

So all in all, consider this, in the wizarding world, has Harry ever had a life to call his own? Voldemort has survived all this time - and Harry has always stopped him. So, if Harry had died, Voldemort would have lived his life, but it would have ended. So ends the misery, unless his followers carry through the reign of terror...

It's all such a complex mystery that it's brilliant, and that's why we can only wait to see what happens to our least favourite characters.

Yoda, providing thought bubbles (hopefully)

Elyoda on the NaNoWriMo website

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jerry
post Sep 1 2004, 11:41 PM
Post #8

Aerials

Group: Readers
Member No.: 3,207

Interesting... I've rarely looked at it that way smile.gif

I guess you're right; we'll just have to wait for the books to arrive biggrin.gif

~ M.C.

Proud Member of the I.S.D.

“Hey Harry!” said Cedric, strolling up to him. “Did you hear those screams? I almost died!... Is that David Bowie?”
“Never mind that, look!” the American exchange student exclaimed. “I found the Triwizard cup! It’s mine! All mine! I’ll finally get the fame and glory and honor I deserve!”
“Stupefy,” said Harry. The American exchange student dropped to the ground, stunned.
“Woah!” Cedric exclaimed in astonishment. “You can do magic?!”
“Come on, Cedric,” Harry sighed. “We’d better take this together. You know, so Draco Malfoy won’t think I’m selfish. I really want to get with him, you know.”

-- Silver Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Omelette of Desire

IPB Image Rabbits Have Rights!
+Quote Post
Drie
post Sep 2 2004, 06:03 PM
Post #9

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

Hmm. Good thoughts there, Yoda.

I'm really not liking Percy very much lately. He was never a favorite of mine, but ever since OotP, he has really dropped down. I do hope to find out that he's a spy or something, but I keep thinking that with his quest for power, he'll wind up as a DE. sad.gif

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
harrypotterfan777777
post Oct 2 2004, 06:20 AM
Post #10

Through the mirror

Member No.: 3,443

Hi everybody, first time for me doing this anywhere but figured that i'd throw in my two cents worth on this, so here we go.

1.) Uncle Vernon- For the way that he treats Harry in the books He deservers punisment of the worst kind.
2.) Umbridge-I have to agree w/h Hermionie, What an evil hag.
3.) Voldything-For obvious reasons in the books.
and last but not least
4,) Snape- for his stupidity to let go of a grudge and his harassment of Harry, how I wish that he could get a taste of his own medicine from Dumbeldore.
B)
+Quote Post
Sergeant Hartman
post Oct 7 2004, 02:41 AM
Post #11

Ten Pin Bowling

Member No.: 3,415

Bellatrix: for killing Sirius

Hermione: I don't hate her but she can be pretty annoying at times.

Fudge: He's like some real politicians.

Lucius: He should die in the most horrible possible way.

Harry: I don't dislike him, but the way he was Ron Language! said Hermioneing in OOTP made me want to smack him upside the head.

Draco: It's funny how he still acts like how he was when he was 11.

Percy: I don't care if he was victim to group think, you do not betray your family

Wormtail: Don't get me started

Umbridge: She usurped the position of Headmistress and ran the school in a way reminiscent of Stalin.

This post has been edited by Sergeant Hartman: Oct 7 2004, 02:48 AM

I can't hear you!
+Quote Post
GinnyBee
post Dec 22 2004, 04:50 PM
Post #12

Ten Pin Bowling

From: Formerlly San Fransisco until I was unjustly kidnapped and taken to Philadelphia. Lily and Mollie, if your reading this: Help
Member No.: 3,589

Ginny: She stole my name! Back off lady, I had it first!!!

"You know Hobbes, somedays even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help." -Calvin and Hobbes.

I get days like that, but I trying to get used to the whole I'm living on the East Coast and haven't done that since I was six years old and I want to move back to San Fransisco and be with my dad and Grandmother, but instead I'm stuck with my Mom, stepdad, stepsiblings (Only one of which I can half tolerate) and annoying halfsister. But i'm trying to appreciate the things Philadelphia has that San fransisco doesn't, like snow. But that's the only thing I can think of.

And to the question I have been asked many times before on other boards: yes my name REALLY is Ginny, only it's not short for Ginevra or Virginia, it's short for Genevieve (pronounced Gin-eh-veev, not Gen-uh-veev or John-vee-ev, as I'm constantly correcting people, like my stepfather for example)
+Quote Post
Narcissa
post Jan 2 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #13

Through the mirror

Member No.: 3,978

Well my least are in this order

1. The Dursleys
2. Voldermort
3. Lucius Malfoy
4. B. Lestrange
5. Snape
6. Kreecher

I know there is more of them but they slip my mind :wall
+Quote Post
trziarre
post Jan 8 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #14

Puzzling things out

Member No.: 4,004

Ron: He's a jealous prat who doesn't take time to think things through. He doesn't realize that he's richer than Harry in some ways.

Hermione: I had a lab partner like her in Biology. Annoying little.....grr. wallbash.gif

Crabbe and Goyle: They just stand there. They annoy me.

Fudge: He's an idiot.

Dumbledore: The twinkling, cheerfulness.....it gets to me. bag.gif

Hey.
I'm Nahirta.
Call me TR.
I have nothing to say. How pathetic.
+Quote Post
BookyWormy
post Jan 9 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #15

Through the mirror

Member No.: 3,768

Hmm, well i'm a hp fan, and there are definitaly some people who i dislike. besides the bad guys. and voldemort. sure, he's mean, he's killed tons of people-so what? wink.gif just kidding. but, to tell the truth, the person who i hate most is Harry.

why harry? harry.gif why our fearless hero?
becasue, honestly, i don't think that he's THE hero-i think that it is neville.

yes, neville, the almost-squib. but look at him in OotP-he's gaining powers, rapidly. also (i've heard this a dozen times from my friends that it can't be neville, the propehcy, what dumbledore said, yada yada yada-but as i was re-re-re-reading the 5th book, i came across something) in the prophecy, it never says when this will happen. the only words that allude to a date is when the one with the power to vanquish voldemort will be born. it nevers says when. it COULD have been when harry got the scar, but maybe not. maybe it will happen in the last book, when neville (beucase i seriousily think that it is neville) will kill voldemort, or die trying.

so, that is why i hate harry. he's stole all the limelight from neville, who deserves it. and, judging from the last books, how much do you bet that the fact that harry THINKS he's 'the one with the power' will make him really, really, really egotistical?

sooo, any comments on my theory? cool.gif

I Don't Have A Sig, Becuase I Can't Think Of Anything Funny To Say Right Now
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:11 PM